UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Anyone Want to Venture a Guess on AO
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Anyone Want to Venture a Guess on AO

AO is less than 2 months away. Anyone for the area have a feel for what conditions with the covid 19 will be like and what your local and state Government will be allowing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2020 06:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

I know the City of Richmond, Indiana is mandating where you have to wear a mask inside of buildings and if you cannot maintain 6 foot social distancing outside you haveto wearone also. I believe that starts on July 25th.

Old Post 07-17-2020 09:15 PM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

WAYNE COUNTY INDIANA

WELL I HAVE A BUSINESS HERE IN RICHMOND ABOUT TWO MILES FROM THE FAIR GROUNDS, AND WHEN THIS FIRST HAPPENED THE COUNTY COMMISSIONER'S PUT A LEVEL THREE ROAD EMERGENCY ON THE ROADS. PULLED OVER PEOPLE ASKING WHAT IS YOUR DESTINATION? MORE RELAXED NOW BUT ONE COMMISSIONER GOT A REAL THRILL OUT OF THE DAILY TV INTERVIEWS ON THE LOCAL CABLE TV CHANNEL. HE THOUGHT HE WAS TRUMP, WEARING THREE PIECE SUITS AN ALL. SO WHO KNOWS, ALL I CAN TELL YOU HE WAS ON A POWER TRIP HIGH THAT'S FOR SURE.
AS FAR AS THE PEOPLE OF WAYNE COUNTY WE WANT AND NEED AO TO HAPPEN. IT'S A BIG PUSH FOR A LOT OF BUSINESSES HERE.

Old Post 07-17-2020 11:25 PM
BuckeyeBoys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckeyeBoys Click here to Send BuckeyeBoys a Private Message Find more posts by BuckeyeBoys Add BuckeyeBoys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I feel pretty sure this pandemic will last at least until November.

Old Post 07-18-2020 12:45 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Probably Right.

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I feel pretty sure this pandemic will last at least until November.

My fear is that if/when schools start back up, they will serve as an incubator of the virus. May not hurt the kids so much. But, at the end of the day, they are going home to their parents, and in many cases, Grandparents. As a parent of school age children, this is a concern (magnified by the fact that at the end of the day, they are dropped off at their grandmothers house (until we get home from work).

Old Post 07-18-2020 06:54 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

Re: Probably Right.

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
My fear is that if/when schools start back up, they will serve as an incubator of the virus. May not hurt the kids so much. But, at the end of the day, they are going home to their parents, and in many cases, Grandparents. As a parent of school age children, this is a concern (magnified by the fact that at the end of the day, they are dropped off at their grandmothers house (until we get home from work).

When Indiana opened the restaurant's back open my wife and I decided we were going for lunch to a really popular one here in town. They sat us a booth apart for social distancing. All the workers had mask and gloves on. We ordered and were waiting on our food. Felt a little weird because this place is usually packed. As I looked around I noticed something. My wife and I are 55. We were the youngest ones in the restaurant. Everyone else was in their 60's to 80's. Not a single one had a mask on at any time.
Older people that I have talked for the most part said they were tired of being cooped up. They told me their routines had been interrupted and they weren't happy about. They wanted to get out see their friends and get back to normal. All I had heard up till then was we had to protect the elderly. The ones at that restaurant didn't want protected they wanted their right's back.

Old Post 07-18-2020 03:22 PM
BuckeyeBoys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckeyeBoys Click here to Send BuckeyeBoys a Private Message Find more posts by BuckeyeBoys Add BuckeyeBoys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

A Guess?

I think I want to say A wish - A hope - A want. My thinking tells me A Guess I'm going to depend on someone else's thoughts. If I wish hope and want I can depend on my thoughts. So pack your bags! C U @ Oaks!

BuckeyeBoys

I fully understand these older people. I'm staring at 67 pretty hard. Live in rural area and outside most of the daylight hours. If I'm going to get this virus I want it now not when it is cold and I 'm cooped up inside. I'm of old school. I believe in the fresh air and the sun. To me it is right next to GOD in healing power. LOL! He created it! NOW TO EACH THEIR OWN THOUGHTS ON THIS MATTER!

AO BOUND

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 07-18-2020 04:42 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Autumn Oaks

I dont think Richmond is having Regular School in their Actual Schools......its all going to be E-Learning or Virtual. If they wont have Normal School I dont see how they can have Autumn Oaks ?

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-18-2020 10:08 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

Richmond is having regular school, but it is up to the parents of students if they don't want them to . They have the option of e-learning.

Old Post 07-18-2020 11:21 PM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Schools....

quote:
Originally posted by dixiedog
Richmond is having regular school, but it is up to the parents of students if they don't want them to . They have the option of e-learning.

I hope this is Correct.......
I watched a local Indy News Channel and they said Richmond would not be having Regular School......Only E-learning or Virtual.
They also said Washington Township Schools, wherever that is.

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-19-2020 02:46 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I went to SuperStakes and stayed all week, big crowds and it felt like any other year I’d been there. Easy fix, If your scared stay home.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 07-19-2020 02:15 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

Unless UKC guarantees a refund if it does not happen Im not entering

Old Post 07-19-2020 07:46 PM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

Well boys starting today a lot of the stores are mandating a mask here in Richmond Indiana. Saw on the local news today that the county commissioner's are keeping a very close eye on the situation.
This is JMO but I do not like how the commissioner's are acting. I for one do not believe they have the power to start closing things again and further more think things should have never been closed in the first place. If your scared stay home but don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

Old Post 07-20-2020 03:10 PM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Fireballs
Unless UKC guarantees a refund if it does not happen Im not entering

They’ve already said refunds are guaranteed if it’s canceled...

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 07-20-2020 04:32 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Moore
They’ve already said refunds are guaranteed if it’s canceled...
OK thanks I'm entering today then.

Old Post 07-20-2020 06:01 PM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Probably Right.

quote:
Originally posted by BuckeyeBoys
When Indiana opened the restaurant's back open my wife and I decided we were going for lunch to a really popular one here in town. They sat us a booth apart for social distancing. All the workers had mask and gloves on. We ordered and were waiting on our food. Felt a little weird because this place is usually packed. As I looked around I noticed something. My wife and I are 55. We were the youngest ones in the restaurant. Everyone else was in their 60's to 80's. Not a single one had a mask on at any time.
Older people that I have talked for the most part said they were tired of being cooped up. They told me their routines had been interrupted and they weren't happy about. They wanted to get out see their friends and get back to normal. All I had heard up till then was we had to protect the elderly. The ones at that restaurant didn't want protected they wanted their right's back.

I noticed the same thing. After pretty much being in lockdown from mid-March to Memorial Day, they wanted out. Doesn't have the same effect on me, because I've still had to go to work everyday.

Old Post 07-21-2020 03:04 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote