UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Bark Collars- looking for opinions
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
recon
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Bark Collars- looking for opinions

Garmin Bark Limiter Deluxe or Garmin Bark Limiter 2? Looking for good and bad on each from those that have used them.

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2020 12:23 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Deluxe. Put a piece of tape on the dial or they will scratch at it and either turn it up or off. I have had it give false shocks. The BarkLimiter 2 is too complicated it works off cell phone.

Old Post 02-24-2020 12:38 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

That seems like a bad design. What type of tape do you use?

Old Post 02-24-2020 12:57 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bark Collars.....

I have Both......
I have No Trouble with False Shocks and No Trouble with the dog accidentally turning it up or down.....maybe I have been lucky ?
The Battery Life is Outstanding on both and they Charge Very Fast.

Simply Put......They Work Great !!!

I am going to try one of the Dogtra versions just to Compare with Garmin.

Good Luck
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:05 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clovis A Nailor
Deluxe. Put a piece of tape on the dial or they will scratch at it and either turn it up or off. I have had it give false shocks. The BarkLimiter 2 is too complicated it works off cell phone.

I've got 4 of the deluxe Garmin collars and have never had a dog do that. I've had nothing but good results using them. I use them regularly.

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:07 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Electric tape make 1 wrap the battery last a long time so it will be awhile before you pull it off to charge. I only leave it on them 3 days. Then pull it off they will be quiet for awhile till they figure it out they don't have it on. If you leave it on to long the prongs will actually get in bedded in their neck

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:09 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Maybe my dogs are more destructive than others.

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:13 AM
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I've seen them bang the collar on the feed pan and light them up.

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:16 AM
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

To each their own.............but I would NEVER leave a bark collar on a dog for more than 8-10 hours without removing it for several hours. There's something definitely wrong about leaving it on long enough to become embedded in their neck!

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:21 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Collars.....

I leave mine on Monday thru Friday, take them off when going Hunting....But every 2 or 3 Days I will move the Collar around to other side of Dog. You cant tell a Collar has been on them. If I am not Home on the Weekend then they still get the Collars on. Sometimes I will put a Dummy Collar on one......Never a Peep out of them.
I Love the Quietness.......😉😁

Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:21 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Tim I do the same thing I move it around every time I feed. But most of the time they get the message after awhile. Till I get some young dogs and the process starts all over again

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:30 AM
benderb4
Banned

quote:
Deluxe. I have had it give false shocks.

Everyone I had did it.
Never own another
Loved the older tri-tronics one

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:31 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Yep......

quote:
Tim I do the same thing I move it around every time I feed. But most of the time they get the message after awhile. Till I get some young dogs and the process starts all over again

Them Young Ones can sure be a Headache....!!!
Sure makes you appreciate those Older Mellowed Out Ones......😉
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:37 AM
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Tim you sure said something there. Ain't nothing better than that 8 year old stand by you know what's going to happen. Quite in the pen and you know when you turn them loose your going to tree a coon. Then you got to try to get 3 going just to replace that 1 old coondog.

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:55 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I have 6 Garmin Limiter Deluxe collars...they are tough and hold a charge close to a month and charge up in two hours...

The first set I bought sometimes shocked the dogs because of other sounds besides the dog wearing the collar...looks like the issue has been solved...the three collars I bought a month ago are working great...

I had a couple of dogtras and they didn’t last very long and charge lasted a week...

Old Post 02-25-2020 01:04 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I have both Garmin and Dogtra collars. Garmin's are best by far. Of the 5 Garmins I have, there is an occasional false bump, but the good far outweighs the bad. I literally hate a dog that barks in the kennel. They learn quickly to be quite, or they get a new owner in best case scenario for them. My first Garmin must be approaching 7-8 years old now? Still works great. The Dogtra I bought lasted about a year and crapped out. Its to big, and charges don't last. It would literally knock a barker down, but it reliability sucked. I will not ever buy another.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 02-25-2020 12:51 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bark Collars.....

I Love my Garmin Bark Collars.
I was going to try the Dogtra but might not after these Reviews.

I have a Garmin 320 Tracker and a Dogtra Pathfinder......So far I am liking the Pathfinder. I have Never used the Garmin Alpha so can really say which I would prefer better.....Alpha or Pathfinder....🤔
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-25-2020 01:24 PM
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
I have 6 Garmin Limiter Deluxe collars...they are tough and hold a charge close to a month and charge up in two hours...

I must’ve gotten a lemon. Mine doesn’t last three days, but it does charge in a few hours. It was like that from the get go. I’ve also seen false shocks, typically when eating, maybe it’s because they hit the bowl as someone else mentioned. I’ve also had the dial turn when rubbing against the other collar. Now I turn it so the dial is away from the other collar, no more issues with it moving. When I needed a second one, I bought a dogtra.

Old Post 02-25-2020 02:13 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think my opinions change over time. I use to love the Garmin Bark Limiter but several years ago I had several problems with them. I went to the Dogtra ys 500 that then became the ys 600. Like them but had a few issues. Then in the past year or so. Swapped back to the Garmin Deluxe rechargeable. They are working good for me.

Old Post 02-25-2020 04:04 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

The second set of Garmin limiter Deluxe collars I bought are much better than the first set that I bought back about 1.5 or more years ago...l like the newer one’s on account they seem to be trouble free...

Old Post 02-25-2020 05:23 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

2 of my 4 dogs wear a Garmin Bark Limiter every day unless they are being hunted. If I'm home on weekends during the day none of them are wearing one. I charge them when they run down dead which has been averaging every 3 to 3-1/2 mos. for the last 2 years. I've numbered the collars 1-4 and alternate them every other day. They get removed for at least 10 hours of every day. No sores.

Old Post 02-25-2020 07:26 PM
recon
UKC Forum Member

Well I bought the bark limiter and have been using it for 3-4 months now. Here's my review....waste of money!!! The dial turns easily, so had to turn it around on the dog, away from his collar, against garmins instructions. Lots of false shocks. Runs down every couple weeks. Dog will bark right through it, on highest setting. Had better luck out of the cheap ones from Tractor Supply. Had just gotten tired of having to replace them so often, but I paid three times as much for this Garmin and I'm going to throw it in the trash after just a few months.

Old Post 07-08-2020 05:19 AM
Jason Bourne
UKC Forum Member

Plan c collar

I put a tritronics on the dog for 3 days and lite em up, Manually

Then I buy a cheap bark collar at TSC, works for me me

Old Post 07-08-2020 03:57 PM
Jason Bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Bourne Click here to Send Jason Bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Bourne Find more posts by Jason Bourne Add Jason Bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I have them on both of mine. Lover mine. saves neighbor problems

Old Post 07-09-2020 07:56 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I don’t know which brand of collar I bought that said to not keep the dogs regular collar on the dog along with the bark collar but I’ve found they don’t give as many false shocks when they only are wearing the no bark collar. I like the Garmin deluxe collars that I have as long as the dog has half of a brain to shut it down when they get shocked and not whine and carry on and continue to get the juice. If I was home all of the time I’d just use a regular shock collar but they don’t stay charged long enough to stay on top of the dog every time they bark.

Old Post 07-11-2020 04:38 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote