UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Waterproof Boots-Non Rubber
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Waterproof Boots-Non Rubber

I've asked about this before but are there really any waterproof non rubber boots? I have a pair of lacrosse boots with waders that work well but I want a pair of boots that are lighter weight lace up that really don't get wet. To me the Gortex stuff is a joke. Waterproof for maybe 2-6 months and then nothing you can do to keep them from soaking up the water. Any suggestions? I would look at some of these more expensive boots but worried that after spending $500 I would have the same problem.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-07-2020 05:44 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

If you are looking for waterproof leather boots and you do not like gortex, I am afraid you are out of luck. Before gortex, I have never had a pair of leather boots that were waterproof, they do not make any leather that's going to be waterproof at any price. I have never had a good pair of gortex lined leather boots leak even after 2 to 3 years of service. Matterhorn or their parent company makes some of the best leather gortex lined boots money can buy, that's all I buy and use and never have a leaking boot. Dave

Old Post 08-07-2020 10:44 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

L L Bean makes a rubber bottom Leather top boot. No sweat in summer. They are super light weight. Not real good if you live in a real rocky terrain. Like moccasins on your feet If you wear out bottoms you can send then back and have new bottoms sewed on. Like new again. The cheaper knock off styles are junk. If you like them don't buy the cheap brands. They are not sewn right and leak.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 08-07-2020 11:59 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tom Wood

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
If you are looking for waterproof leather boots and you do not like gortex, I am afraid you are out of luck. Before gortex, I have never had a pair of leather boots that were waterproof, they do not make any leather that's going to be waterproof at any price. I have never had a good pair of gortex lined leather boots leak even after 2 to 3 years of service. Matterhorn or their parent company makes some of the best leather gortex lined boots money can buy, that's all I buy and use and never have a leaking boot. Dave

Dave I haven't tried Matterhorn but have used Irish setter Vapotrek and Danner boots with the Gortex and never got 6 months before they leaked bad. Maybe I'm too hard on boots. Maybe the more expensive boots are made in a way the Gortex holds up. What model or whatever have you used?

Old Post 08-08-2020 12:18 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

I use the Matterhorn military style with gortex , you can get them or Corcoran made by the same company Cove Shoe. These boots are the preferred choice of AMERICAN troops that buy them with their own money, they are made in USA and will hold up for years. I think you should Google the Corcoran boots as they still have the military style while matterhorn may not. I have owned Irish Setter and a bunch of other top brands, you will not be disappointed with the Matterhorn or Corcoran boots. Dave p. s. Look at Corcoran 1949 model waterproof insulated.

Last edited by Dave Richards on 08-08-2020 at 01:05 AM

Old Post 08-08-2020 12:58 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. I see they come in B width. Think I will try a pair.

Old Post 08-08-2020 01:59 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Well Dave I tried to order a pair and they said they might have them back in stock in January. Thanks for trying to help.

Old Post 08-09-2020 01:07 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

Try Work Boots USA, I think they have them in stock. Dave

Old Post 08-09-2020 02:02 AM
Ronman
UKC Forum Member

Thank you for this information. I believe I’ll be trying a pair of these as well. It’s mighty hard to find good fitting long lasting boots these days.

Old Post 08-09-2020 02:36 AM
Ronman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronman Click here to Send Ronman a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronman Find more posts by Ronman Add Ronman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Try Work Boots USA, I think they have them in stock. Dave

That's where I ordered them from and they sent me an email saying possibly have them January. Might be just my size. If I would let them go ahead and charge me they would put me on a list for whenever they get them. Didn't think I wanted to do that. Thanks again.

Old Post 08-09-2020 02:53 AM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Hanwag trapper boot. We wear them for several years without them leaking. My son in law currently has a pair that have been on multiple Alaska hunts and he is on Kodiak as we speak for 21 days of sheep hunting with them. I wore mine that have coon hunted many nights to Kodiak last spring for 14 day bear hunt and just took them off after a coon hunt and feet are dry. Lowe and kenetrek both make a similar boot that many folks like also. They are pricey but hold up and stay water proof.

Old Post 08-09-2020 05:54 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

Please list your size and I will try my best to find you a pair of boots. Dave

Old Post 08-09-2020 09:22 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Please list your size and I will try my best to find you a pair of boots. Dave

Dave I need a pair of 9.5 b width. May have found one.

Old Post 08-09-2020 11:15 PM