UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Event Reports
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

New Event Reports

https://www.ukcdogs.com/article/exp...ports?news_id=4
I like that these can be emailed in if we wish.

On another note it was good to see that bird dog and yapping beagle of Todd and Roy's dogs finally get scratched they deserve it I know they have been getting off game! But I'm not sure how the breed reps beat out the music greats in the bench show had to be biased judges. I never knew the World Champs were also top contenders in the field trials, so proud of Elvis.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-14-2018 05:49 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Haha! Yeah, I was judging that cast. Their dogs were obviously involved in an all-out dog fight so I scratched them both for fighting. The funny thing was that Roy and Todd were both arguing with me all the way to the tree that it was a coyote that came in on them at the tree. That was until we got to the tree and both dogs were still on the ground rolling. That was the third scratch for both dogs so they are both banned from and further hunts in UKC. You'll probably see them both next week hunting in another registry.

Old Post 11-14-2018 08:56 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Light broke coyotes are to blame!
Now that you mention it there were 2 guys trying to look incognito at a hunt last weekend. One had this little short dog, said it was out of Reezen but looked alot like a beagle to me. The other guy much taller than the other was single registering a dog he said was Cabin Creek Rowdy bred pretty sure it was a bird dog.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-14-2018 11:07 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Did I read it right where UKC will no longer be giving out the yellow win receipts

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 11-15-2018 12:41 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by jakecumberledge
Did I read it right where UKC will no longer be giving out the yellow win receipts

Yes correct no yellow slips. You can purchase a booklet to keep track of wins. I think for our clubs I'm going to print up receipts to give to CW.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-15-2018 03:27 AM
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Yes correct no yellow slips. You can purchase a booklet to keep track of wins. I think for our clubs I'm going to print up receipts to give to CW.

I like that idea I'll have to do the same for my own club but I'm still not a fan of of them not giving the yellow slips

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 11-15-2018 03:46 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by jakecumberledge
I like that idea I'll have to do the same for my own club but I'm still not a fan of of them not giving the yellow slips

Neither am I.Wonder if it is just a cost cutting reason?
Of course the new page set up is not really a very good set up for individual receipts. No excuse for no official copy though.
But think about it the new reports themselves are less expensive just because everything is now on one page for both hunts and shows.They are generic by design because the club ID number is no longer preprinted.
We all know the local clubs that are bad at late reports.
When you call in to UKC they tell you to copy receipt after 3 months .Mail it in and they will award the win.
Now they want us the paying participants to buy a receipt book .Or in above case throw it on the clubs expense to still hand them out.
Tell you what I am planning. I am going to buy one of those 2 or 3 for a dollar spiral note pads. I will fill out my information and have the BSJ or MOH sign it when I win.

Additionally while I am on my rant. There are no longer carbon copies for officials that are required to keep a copy for their records. The "NEW" way will be to take a copy with "YOUR SMART PHONE" or make a photo copy of reports and hand copy all the winners.
I don't know about all you other MOH and BSJ but I do a lot of free events for no charge.
I don't have a "SMART " phone .Mine is still the dumb kind. So no photo for me. I will not sit at 2 or 3 in the morning and hand copy one I made at my expense for myself when UKC could have made one more carbon for us to tear off. This reeks of cheap.Come on how much more could one dang gum carbon cost???

And the new reports. I was really hoping that they could be filled out as the winners came in so we would not have to wait for the last cast to report in.
I am of the mind to do just that and write the winners down and then highlight 1,2,3 and write beside them the same placement.

Think about this also .Under old format cast winners came in sat around b s ing bought breakfast. Had to wait for receipts and trophies .Now ...oh well won my cast .. got a win..and just leave. Why wait ? No reason to. I can see kitchen breakfast sales declining which is a big source of income at good food serving clubs.

Has nothing to do with receipts or reports but it really irks me that everyone thinks that everybody now a days has a smart phone or computer. Scan this or that app .
Well they don't!!! I know several people that do not.

I would be willing to bet better than half the people still subscribing to BLOODLINES are doing so for the hunt schedules because they don't do computers .
Does everyone know that in November every year that all magazines print the subscription sales ?
Paid subscriptions are 5397.Throwing this out there for general info.
A lot won't like this but I think you should be a paid member or subscriber per se to use this board.
How many sell and advertise absolutely free?
You get a member ID # to be allowed to post . No different then the money club .Will get rid of some of the scammers and rift raft that get on here.
It will increase subscription numbers. Higher subscription = more advertisers and a better product.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 11-15-2018 at 06:47 AM

Old Post 11-15-2018 06:20 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am just glad I am old and got a chair by the fire and got my dog finished. Think I will just set back and watch how all this shakes out lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 12:00 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
....I am just glad I am old......
Tar

....Really?....

Old Post 11-15-2018 02:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

For clarification purposes, participants are not required to purchase any record keeping pamphlets. They're available if someone would like one, that's all.

Pat mentioned that event officials are required to retain a copy of the event reports for a year. That will go away as well. The club will have the extra copy if UKC needs it.

As for win receipts being used to process points, considering how very, very, few are processed in that manner each year, it's not a concern. I'm pretty sure the officials will appreciate less paperwork and the waste of paper vs raising recording fees to keep up with the rising cost of paper. It was a no-brainer when you look at the big picture. Especially, the wasted Bench Show Reports. 85% of it was wasted paper. That was crazy.

All will be and work out just fine Pat. Give change a chance. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

Old Post 11-15-2018 05:15 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Not having win receipts to hand out i'm afraid is a bad idea.
One should prob take a picture of the score card and or the filled out hunt report with their cell phone of their win that way they have proof of the win. JMO

Old Post 11-15-2018 05:17 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Allen,

Can we just take a picture with our phone of the completed nite hunt report and email it in ? and pay our fees with a debit/credit card.?
This would REALLY save paper , an envelope , a stamp and a possibility of the ONLY copy of the report that could get lost in snail mail.

Old Post 11-15-2018 05:25 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

I don't have a "smart phone", I still have a dumb one. I'm thinking of printing the forms (at home) and use a piece of carbon paper to make a copy of the report. I can then give the cast winners a copy. Problem solved.

At home the new reports won't be a problem but at the big hunts, just WOW!

Old Post 11-15-2018 06:19 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I like my chair by the fire even better now.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 06:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Allen,

Can we just take a picture with our phone of the completed nite hunt report and email it in ? and pay our fees with a debit/credit card.?
This would REALLY save paper , an envelope , a stamp and a possibility of the ONLY copy of the report that could get lost in snail mail.

Sure!

We're actually working towards making it easier than that for clubs. Online reporting, just like you would enter a dog online. Hopefully, soon. You'd then save your copy electronically. How simple would that be?

Same for clubs confirming their event dates.

Old Post 11-15-2018 07:45 PM
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Sure!

We're actually working towards making it easier than that for clubs. Online reporting, just like you would enter a dog online. Hopefully, soon. You'd then save your copy electronically. How simple would that be?

Same for clubs confirming their event dates.

Wonderful, I can't wait!!!

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 11-15-2018 07:50 PM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
I don't have a "smart phone", I still have a dumb one. I'm thinking of printing the forms (at home) and use a piece of carbon paper to make a copy of the report. I can then give the cast winners a copy. Problem solved.

At home the new reports won't be a problem but at the big hunts, just WOW!

Bill, it's highly likely that you won't even have to worry about the big hunts, other than the top three scores. UKC might just do that work for you. We require the scorecards for any Purina Points Events, other than RQEs. So, with those we can kill a couple birds with one stone. Record their cast win and their Purina Points at the same time.

Old Post 11-15-2018 08:03 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I like my chair by the fire even better now.

Tar

Tar, you'll be a pro at this stuff in no time, considering all the time you spend with your electronic toys. You'll be confirming your events and recording the winners from the easy chair by the fire.

Throw another log on the pile. More cold and snow coming your way!

Old Post 11-15-2018 08:06 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Boss man I ment the fire in the clubhouse !! I ain't skeered of chit !! Only paper work skeers me is that great value kind it takes hide , hair and all lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 08:55 PM
yadkintar
Banned

No surprise to me everybody is going green. Won't be long till they have corn cobbs in all public restrooms.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 11:03 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yea Tar but the classy ones will have both red and white cobs. Use a red one then a white one to see if you need another red one.

Old Post 11-16-2018 01:16 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

This thread has taken a terrible turn.

Old Post 11-16-2018 04:26 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc

Well I can't speak for everybody. But the ones I have talked to get tired of always being asked to do or give more for the same price !! Jennifer can tell you the youth hunt we did we did not get the paperwork in time and we printed off of old hunt reports and had to write everything in triplicate and it was a nightmare but we powered through it. Somthing easier than all this is look at the numbers from the same date the year before bench show and hunt and only send them the paperwork they will use. We always got way more in the hunt packet than we can use.

Score cards too !!

Tar

Old Post 11-16-2018 05:29 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc

When you are full of "it", that is what happens.

Old Post 11-16-2018 06:26 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Brother Richard this comment is mine and mine only. You have a United States full of old doggies just like me that have been donating their time and a lot of times money out of their own pocket trying to hold this thing together. With nothing to gain but hope on the horizon that it will get better. I feel right now is not the appropriate time to ask them to give more. Some have nothing more to give !! Ukc is not struggling might not be making as much as they like but that's not our problem.

Sincerely yours.

Robert hitt

Old Post 11-16-2018 06:47 PM