UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cordless Spot Light
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Conner54
New UKC Forum Member

Cordless Spot Light

Who makes the best/brightest cordless spot light for coon hunting?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-14-2018 02:50 PM
Conner54 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Conner54 Click here to Send Conner54 a Private Message Click Here to Email Conner54 Find more posts by Conner54 Add Conner54 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I don't know about the "best" but Johnny Dalton at Valley Creek sells an awfully good one. I have one that works just as good now as it did 6 years ago when I got it.

Old Post 11-14-2018 04:00 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I really like my Sunspot Inferno but there are a lot of very good lights out there.

Old Post 11-14-2018 04:34 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I don't know about the "best" but Johnny Dalton at Valley Creek sells an awfully good one. I have one that works just as good now as it did 6 years ago when I got it.
Ya but Richard you hunt red dogs you don't use it often enough to wear it out. lmbo

Old Post 11-14-2018 04:54 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

I have a silver one that reads "sunspot" on it. Bought it at AO about 3 years ago. At that time it was advertised as the brightest out there, don't know now, but it has been 100 percent dependable and it is super bright!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 11-14-2018 05:12 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Surveyor
I have a silver one that reads "sunspot" on it. Bought it at AO about 3 years ago. At that time it was advertised as the brightest out there, don't know now, but it has been 100 percent dependable and it is super bright!

X2

Old Post 11-14-2018 07:58 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, mine is a Sunspot.. And Chewy, I have to use mine twice as long since I am so old and my eyes are so bad. Sometimes I have to use my spot and the scope on my rifle to search a tree.

Old Post 11-14-2018 08:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
X2

x3

Old Post 11-14-2018 10:32 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

My hunting partner will be 81 in Jan2019 and he is the best I have ever seen in finding the coons treed. He used a red lens and dim light to find most of them, rarely do we have to use the brighter lights, but do so occasionally. JS. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2018 03:20 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Coons will look at my spot just as quick as they do a dim light. I can see them when they look. When they don't, I use my spot.

Old Post 11-15-2018 04:01 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

Please explain your post, that sounded like Tarspeak, oh my goodness, You must have some pretty dumb coons. Lol. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-15-2018 at 06:23 AM

Old Post 11-15-2018 04:22 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Spotlights.....

Get the StarSpot 2.......its Sold by Star Hunting Lights in Ky.
They are Small and Compact, Very Bright Tight Beam that will reach out there. They are only $60 and the Best I have found. Burntime is 2 hrs.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-15-2018 11:35 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Ya but Richard you hunt red dogs you don't use it often enough to wear it out. lmbo

That’s sounds like something I’d say...... At least I’m. It the one getting in trouble this time. lol

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-15-2018 12:29 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I don't know what good it would do all our leaves fell off !! And oh my goodness! Looking at a lot of limbs and branches not many coons lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 12:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:

That was a good One Brother Richard..Sold that spotlight and its rights to a company in ohio who have since went Belly up..Ours were dedomed thiers was straight blinding white..
Dans had a few leftovers left at 50.00 and another texas based company was selling them at 200.00 if they have any left.

Old Post 11-15-2018 02:05 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Richard Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Please explain your post, that sounded like Tarspeak, oh my goodness, You must have some pretty dumb coons. Lol. Dave

For those with poor reading comprehension skills.... When a coon looks and I see his eyes, I can shine my spotlight on him and he won't look away or close his eyes. But a lot of times they will start moving around.
Also, I am old and have cataracts so I don't see very well in the daytime and am almost blind at night. I shine my spotlight on a tree and look through the scope on my rifle to find coons when the leaves are off and they don't look.
Everyone thinks that coons won't look at a bright light but they look at my spotlight. The next time that you are driving at night and meet an oncoming car try looking away. Your eyes are drawn to their bright headlights.

Old Post 11-15-2018 02:20 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I don't know what good it would do all our leaves fell off !! And oh my goodness! Looking at a lot of limbs and branches not many coons lol.

Tar

you need to do more hunting instead of finger talking.

Old Post 11-15-2018 05:36 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I been hunting every night it just ain't been good hunts every night lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 05:47 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lamber

Oh my goodness, you have confused articulation ability with comprehension skill. I have a better understanding of what you were trying to say, but still think it's a bunch of bull. I don't know anyone that stares at the oncoming bright lights, that's a good way to have a wreck. Sounds like you need an eye operation to remove those cataracts. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2018 09:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Have you never heard of "the deer in the headlights look"? Or have you never been frog gigging?

Old Post 11-15-2018 10:02 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Richard Lambert

quote:
The next time that you are driving at night and meet an oncoming car try looking away. Your eyes are drawn to their bright headlights.

Sounds like a good way to get killed to me. I look at the lights to avoid hitting the oncoming car but that's just me.....

Old Post 11-15-2018 10:05 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

Exactly, bright lights blind animals, they don't want to look at bright lights. Lol. You are getting the point now. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2018 10:06 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Wasn't he trying to feed a young boy to a bear not long ago? Does hunting red dogs in Tennessee cause this. I threw in the Tennessee clause to omit the other red bone hunters on here.

Old Post 11-15-2018 10:31 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr River, you jumped from the frying pan to the fire. What is the matter with Tennessee hunters? Are you saying they are all full of "it"?

Old Post 11-15-2018 11:12 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Jack we might should study this it thing !! He has a Winnie baygo .......... We don't !!

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2018 11:24 PM