UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question about leather boots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Question about leather boots

Can anyone recommend a good leather hunting boot? Comfortable, insulated and light weight. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-07-2019 07:59 PM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Boots

Matterhorns, these are great boots goretex , warm and made to last. A lot if the military guys buy matterhorns boots for their duty boots with their own money instead of using issue boots. I have owned these boots for several years and highly recommend them. Dave

Old Post 11-07-2019 08:46 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave

Old Post 11-07-2019 09:11 PM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

Danner pronghorn. You can get them insulated or non.

Old Post 11-07-2019 09:18 PM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Boots

Danners are good boots, but Matterhorns are way better. I own both brands and my pick is Matterhorns. Dave

Old Post 11-07-2019 09:50 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Boots

Dave, do you know the model number or name of the boots that you suggested? I googled and saw military boots black ones and tan ones, also a work boot, I think composite. Are the military ones what you have? Thanks

Old Post 11-07-2019 11:10 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Crookedridge

I have the military all leather goretex insult model. You may find them on eBay if you don't have a supplier close to you. Mine are black, but I have a pair in brown. Prefer the black duty boots p, even the top of the boot is light padded to be more comfortable, vibram soles help in steep ground good traction. Dave

Old Post 11-07-2019 11:42 PM
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

Cabelas Iron Ridge boots are what I like $129

Old Post 11-08-2019 01:53 AM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

Kennetrek mountain boot and mountain guides are really nice. Costly, but you get what you pay for. I used to run Danners and they don’t compare.

Old Post 11-08-2019 02:48 AM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Crooked ridge if you find any that come in a narrow width please let me know. I have gone thru a lot of boots. Have a very narrow foot.

Old Post 11-08-2019 02:53 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom

Matterhorns duty boots comes in a wide range of sizes in narrow, you should have no problem in finding your size. These boots are not cheap but affordable and more important they will last for years ( mine have ) making them cost less. They are goretex and insulated very very comfortable boot and definitely waterproof over time ( very important ). When a military man buys these boots with his own money over the issue boots at no cost, you can bet they are worth the cost. I have owned and used matterhorns for years, hunted 5 to 6 nights a week in steep mountains with no issues what so ever. You can't go wrong with these boots made in USA not some import like most boots these days. Dave

Old Post 11-08-2019 03:14 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Dave can you direct me to a sight that has the narrow width Matterhorns. Everything I find only has d or wider. Thanks.

Old Post 11-08-2019 07:12 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom

Corcoran and matterhorns are owned by same company and made in the usa .Work Boots USA has the Corcoran field boots in narrow sizes and these are really top line boots. Tom, specifically the 10 inch waterproof field boot, it's on sale with free shipping the sizes are true to fit, heavy socks, would go up half to full size. Corcoran field boots 10 inch 1949 model. Do Google search for Corcoran boots and you will see these on WORKBOOTSUSA. Sale 184.50 I believe other places they are around 275.00 plus you get free shipping from WORKBOOTSUSA THESE ARE WHAT THE MILITARY GUYS BUY

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-08-2019 at 10:05 PM

Old Post 11-08-2019 07:46 PM
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

corcoran

Dave, I just got on here and read your latest post. My wife just got through ordering me a pair. We looked at all the sites and ended up ordering from WorkBootsUSA It was the price you stated but with a 10 percent off. Brought it down to $166.05. I couldn't find one bad review of that boot. I think its what I have been looking for, many thanks for suggesting it Jack

Old Post 11-09-2019 02:18 AM
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Tom, They did have these boots in narrow width. Be sure to get your 10 percent coupon if you order. Jack

Old Post 11-09-2019 02:52 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Jack where did you find the 10% coupon? Thanks.

Old Post 11-09-2019 03:52 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Jack also what boots did you buy?

Old Post 11-09-2019 03:55 AM
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Tom, I bought the insulated Corcoran-1949, which as far as I could tell were the exact boot as the Matterhorn, same item , look identical, same description, etc. They were $184.50 My wife googled 'workbootsusa' coupon code. Found one for 10% off. (save10) Free shipping. Brought the total to $166.05.

Old Post 11-09-2019 04:28 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jack

Both companies are owned by same owners and they are the same boot. They are comfortable from the start no break in needed. NO coming apart like most import boots. I have danners and Irish setter but prefer the matterhorns or Corcoran as they are better boots. USA made. Dave

Old Post 11-09-2019 04:52 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Dave and Jack thanks for the help. Got a pair ordered. Found the 10% coupon. Let's hope these fit my narrow feet. Thanks for the help.

Old Post 11-09-2019 02:39 PM
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Dave, you should get a finders fee, discount on your net purchase, for selling two pairs of boots. And Tom , you are most welcome but its Dave to thank. Jack

Last edited by crooked ridge on 11-09-2019 at 06:21 PM

Old Post 11-09-2019 06:19 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom and Jack

Hope you men enjoy your new boots, they are indeed excellent boots. I don't want any credit for recommending something, I was glad to help. It's hard to know what someone else will like, I just know that these are top notch boots that I use and enjoy. It's easy to recommend a product that's proven it's value and I really hope you guys agree. Tom, I don't have experience with the narrow sizes, hope you will get a good fit. Dave

Old Post 11-09-2019 10:10 PM