UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bruce Conkey Garmin ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey Garmin ?

Bruce the info you posted fixed my tracks erasing but my hunting buddy has cleared each individual track from archives and did the trip computer reset. His is still removing dog tracks from map. Any suggestions?

GrNtCh HOF GrCh Tough Red Ruby Big Rig

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Glass Performance Sire 2009 World Qualifier

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Tank
GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Glass Shaker 9th place St Jude Saturday nite hunt 2013
NiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Shine (RIP)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Lady (Sold)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Rebel (Sold)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2019 08:47 PM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well about the only thing I can think of right now is to go into your settings and check the set up for saving those tracks. There are several settings, starting at 10 minutes going to 2 hours. Including one not to delete the tracks.

With some computer skill he should be able to plug the handheld into the computer and look at the operating system. He can see if it is an older ALPHA with (rounded off 4 gb newer one just over 7). He can see available storage and what is using it up. I would suspect Birdseye files which are jinx. files. Have to be careful but any of them you can erase that your not using the better off you are. I know the older alphas that came out with the TT10 collars have the smaller operating system and this problem often.

I would also double check the trip computer and make sure the tracks got erased. Some of this stuff people think they are doing and it doesn't take. I have done it myself, so double checking takes only a few seconds and is worth doing.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-15-2019 at 11:39 AM

Old Post 10-15-2019 11:35 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce will double check things. I was with him when did the trip and showed 4% memory used best i remember and got that down to 0.

Old Post 10-16-2019 04:10 PM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes and 4% should not affect things. If I had to take a guess as the biggest problem beside to much tracks. Is too much mapping saved. Especially if it is a Garmin that came out with a TT10 collar. Do some trouble shooting and if he is free one day and had his alpha in his hand we can do some trouble shooting over the phone.

Old Post 10-16-2019 04:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Man thanks a ton Bruce!

Old Post 10-16-2019 07:03 PM
VAPOSSUMHNTR
UKC Forum Member

Anyone know how to fix a TT15 that will not turn on? Ive updated the software, took it apart and unplugged everything,waited and plugged back in and nothing. When I connect to the charger the light is red and it never turns green.....ive even done the press the button 4 times firmly and nothing works.

Im guessing I need to send it back. Its my newest collar.

Old Post 10-16-2019 07:07 PM
VAPOSSUMHNTR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAPOSSUMHNTR Click here to Send VAPOSSUMHNTR a Private Message Click Here to Email VAPOSSUMHNTR Find more posts by VAPOSSUMHNTR Add VAPOSSUMHNTR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well if it is under a year old it would be under warranty. If not call Garmin.

Old Post 10-16-2019 07:38 PM