UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Famous Dogs First Hand
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Ledbetters Tenn Lead

Tenn Lead won the ACHA World Hunt in 1975 as a young dog. Died a short time afterward from electric fence. Had two brothers, Black Hawk Luke, and Crabtree's Luke that also placed in top ten of ACHA World Hunt. It was a great cross. I have a friend that owned a couple of outstanding females from that cross.

Bloodline = Crawford's Boss and Proctor's Melody Bill. Not sure if that helps anyone that hasn't been in this game for 40-50+ years.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-09-2020 04:16 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corey ryan
UKC Forum Member

Moonlight Kate
Stylish Reno
Buck creek Preacher
Wipeout Speck was just unreal to watch and listen to the night I hunted with him he was a freak would love to have him on the end of my leash.

Check out www.ryanskennel.com

Old Post 04-10-2020 12:01 AM
corey ryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corey ryan Click here to Send corey ryan a Private Message Click Here to Email corey ryan Visit corey ryan's homepage! Find more posts by corey ryan Add corey ryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corey ryan
UKC Forum Member

Moonlight Kate
Stylish Reno
Buck creek Preacher
Wipeout Speck was just unreal to watch and listen to the night I hunted with him he was a freak would love to have him on the end of my leash.

Check out www.ryanskennel.com

Old Post 04-10-2020 12:01 AM
corey ryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corey ryan Click here to Send corey ryan a Private Message Click Here to Email corey ryan Visit corey ryan's homepage! Find more posts by corey ryan Add corey ryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

Interesting thread. It was fun to read some of the stories about some of them. Be interested in hearing about some of the “old blood” and how they were. Seen where someone said they hunted with Rattler and Sacket Jr. how were they? Anyone other stories on these famous dogs of the past? Nailor, Scar, Cowee Creek Clint, Fletcher’s Jake, etc.

Nitech Ch 'PR' Cornell's Hardwood Hurricane HTX

GrSqch 2017 Arklahoma Winter Classic Champion
The Outlaw Dottie

Old Post 05-22-2020 05:36 AM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Hicks Six Time Albert
Hicks Sundown Ryder
Hicks Two Time Albert
Wolf Creek Deisel

Those are the best competition dogs I've ever had a chance to hunt with and it was a great experience for a young man in his teenage years. Two Time Albert would hammer on a tree better than any black dog I've ever seen. And Wolf Creek Deisel was the best english dog ever been in the woods with. So much so that I purchased a pup out of him and hunted and trained a lot of pups with him for many years until he died from blastomycosis. Haven't had a english dog since dont feel like any could.live up to what he was to me.

Old Post 05-22-2020 06:42 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mitch loggins
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with yakin tar rattler at that time owned by Robert Wooten yakin tar jojo owned by my dad sparetime spanky owned by bart nation at that time northern Levi Ron taylors hardwoid buster and buster 2 rusty thomason Deyton and bridges magnum Alvin snead hachette mtn shug long bros. Dixie and trump Allen roberts and since I am a black dog man smokey 2 tim whitaker ace and hobie brain and Jimmie Reece tiger lily carl minehart timber king john woods slam and rumor Bruce gilliam ears and jill carl judkins hank glenn greene jack Tommy devaney sue gauge and timber mark sliger jukebox jack amy thomas rachel Larry prince ruby jerry flippo black mac robert rhinehart foggy dan Doherty pride brandy and Amos Lawton robinson and sorry i probably forgot some oh yeah !! And gene hicks albert dogs especially 2time some might remember him hehehe!!

Old Post 05-24-2020 07:27 PM
mitch loggins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mitch loggins Click here to Send mitch loggins a Private Message Find more posts by mitch loggins Add mitch loggins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mitch loggins
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with yakin tar rattler at that time owned by Robert Wooten yakin tar jojo owned by my dad sparetime spanky owned by bart nation at that time northern Levi Ron taylors hardwoid buster and buster 2 rusty thomason Deyton and bridges magnum Alvin snead hachette mtn shug long bros. Dixie and trump Allen roberts and since I am a black dog man smokey 2 tim whitaker ace and hobie brain and Jimmie Reece tiger lily carl minehart timber king john woods slam and rumor Bruce gilliam ears and jill carl judkins hank glenn greene jack Tommy devaney sue gauge and timber mark sliger jukebox jack amy thomas rachel Larry prince ruby jerry flippo black mac robert rhinehart foggy dan Doherty pride brandy and Amos Lawton robinson and sorry i probably forgot some oh yeah !! And gene hicks albert dogs especially 2time some might remember him hehehe!!

Old Post 05-24-2020 07:27 PM
mitch loggins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mitch loggins Click here to Send mitch loggins a Private Message Find more posts by mitch loggins Add mitch loggins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mitch loggins

How was Rattler?

Nitech Ch 'PR' Cornell's Hardwood Hurricane HTX

GrSqch 2017 Arklahoma Winter Classic Champion
The Outlaw Dottie

Old Post 05-24-2020 11:06 PM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

Honalieh. I had a female sired by a dog named Stranges Banjo that was sired by Banjo II; He was a Grand nite owned by Troy Strange.The females mother was a grand nite sired by Crawfords Boss. My female, Gypsy, was the first dog I made nite ch. She was barely 2 years old when I finished and died shortly after with complications from heart worm treatment. This was around 1972 or 73. I was 15 years old in 72. I still remember that gyp barking 100 plus times a minute on every tree. Times slips away. Jr.Steelman

Old Post 05-24-2020 11:17 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Been very lucky to have seen a whole lot of them go over 40 years, and even luckier to own a few that I would put up against any of them - as a few folks have already said there aint one in a million that looks totally awesome every night - they all can be beat - and they all look like crap once in a while - but ones I have owned aside........................

Best Mouth - Yadkin Tar Rattler
Best Tree Dog - Yadkin River Cruise
Best Coon Tree'r - Hardwood Dan

Old Post 05-25-2020 03:59 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

Everything Mark Wheatley puts time into or Josh Howard it seems

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 05-28-2020 03:14 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

Everything Mark Whatley puts time into or Josh Howard it seems

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 05-28-2020 03:15 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I saw Stylish Harry go for one turn loose. He was extremely fast!

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 05-30-2020 11:40 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Hopkin's Cash once. Dohoney's Boone when he was still Johnson's Boone. And Tar Heel Henry, Piney Hill Sam, Mundar, McKnight's Queen, Read's Ky. Clipper, Sieper Creek Stump along with a few more.

Old Post 06-02-2020 09:40 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Insane Jane
Quick
Davis white river salin sadie
Big Country

Old Post 06-03-2020 03:21 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy harrelson
UKC Forum Member

What was your opinion of McKnights Queen ?

Old Post 06-03-2020 04:04 PM
andy harrelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy harrelson Click here to Send andy harrelson a Private Message Click Here to Email andy harrelson Find more posts by andy harrelson Add andy harrelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy harrelson
UKC Forum Member

What was your opinion of McKnights Queen ?

Old Post 06-03-2020 04:04 PM
andy harrelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy harrelson Click here to Send andy harrelson a Private Message Click Here to Email andy harrelson Find more posts by andy harrelson Add andy harrelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

She seemed like a decent hound but was pretty grouchy on the chain (I kept her here to raise a litter of pups). I wasn't as impressed by her ability as I was Sam's. She reproduced a pretty fair hound there.

Old Post 06-04-2020 02:03 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel
Half pint patty
Martins high style aka JP's high style
Pac man
Nocturnal nailer
Lipper
Stylish lipper
Yadkin tar rattler
Handsome deamon
Cobbler creek wendy
Boz
Box
Bellars ann
Flatrock coma
spiderman
Meltdown
Insane x
Hardwood dan
Cox spare time spanky
Tequilla Sunrise
Tony's Wild Joy
Wild clover
Sackett
Sackett jr
Lawyer
Adios lightning

and a bunch more!!!

Tell us about Flatrock Coma.

Old Post 06-16-2020 04:34 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clif Owen
I hunted with Hopkin's Cash once. Dohoney's Boone when he was still Johnson's Boone. And Tar Heel Henry, Piney Hill Sam, Mundar, McKnight's Queen, Read's Ky. Clipper, Sieper Creek Stump along with a few more.

Always wondered what Mundar was like. How was he the night(s) you hunted with him?

Old Post 06-16-2020 04:39 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Pch meltdwn
Wch hotspot
Wch thousand dollar bill
NCH SHOT THROUGH THE WORLD
WCH 3 dee
Pch flatrock topper
Pch major pain
Pch flatrock break box
Pch Jessie Jane
Pch Sunday’s best aka Tank
Pch billionaire
Pch 3 sum
Pch wipeout Jake
NCH insane xcon
Pch big country
Pch electric rodeo (aka joe)
Pch set em up joe
Pch hillbilly deluxe
Pch big money
Pch money maxed out (aka lil money)
Pch wch dark side
Pch whole nine yards
Pch clone
Pch Oxendines trigger
Pch backwater homer
Hunted with all these good sobs!!

Old Post 06-16-2020 06:27 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A. Walter
UKC Forum Member

Ole Hoss

Aside from X which of those would be your pick of the litter so to say.

Old Post 06-16-2020 07:09 PM
A. Walter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A. Walter Click here to Send A. Walter a Private Message Click Here to Email A. Walter Find more posts by A. Walter Add A. Walter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ole Hoss

quote:
Originally posted by A. Walter
Aside from X which of those would be your pick of the litter so to say.

Hot spot was my favorite of them all...when he was on a man didn’t have time to drink a cold rc in between his trees in places they was no coons!! Super fast and accurate. They all just dogs though I’ve seen em look good and I’ve seen em on nights they wouldn’t bring 15 cents if people didn’t know they name.

Old Post 06-16-2020 07:39 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stonehill
UKC Forum Member

Leopard Hounds ( curs )

Back when Leopard Curs were just starting to catch on a man by the name of Fred French had the Golden Valley kennel. This was the home of some Hall Of Fame leopard legends like Golden Valley Sweet Talk II and Golden Valley Hell's Afire. Fred and I were regular hunting buddies for several years during this time so I spent many many nights in the woods with these two and one that Fred had that I actually liked better by the name of Sheba.

A houndsmans drive is not the thrill of the kill it's the sound of the hound !!!

Old Post 06-18-2020 06:38 AM
stonehill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stonehill Click here to Send stonehill a Private Message Click Here to Email stonehill Find more posts by stonehill Add stonehill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

I started Mr. Quick as a pup. He was by far the fastest track dog that I have ever hunted in 55 years.

Old Post 07-29-2020 10:00 PM
Joe W. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe W. Smith Click here to Send Joe W. Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Joe W. Smith Add Joe W. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote