UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Speed
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Speed

All right, I have been going in one direction and I have just about reached where I wanted to go. So now I have decided to take a left turn. I deviated a little bit when I bred Wendy to Buck and I am still waiting to see how that turns out. I used to have a lot of speed but I needed hunt and independance. Well now I have the hunt and independance but I sacrificed the speed to get it. So now it is time to add some more speed.
So with that said, who has the speed? Who has a wild and crazy run a deer down and catch it Redbone male? I am looking for a Sire that can score 2,000 points in a 2 hr hunt. One who is linebred or both parents are the same type would be ideal. And I don't care if he leaves out barking and doesn't shut up. I am not going to hunt them anyway. I will sell them to young comp hunters.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-18-2018 at 08:39 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:37 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Has a redbone ever scored 2000 points in a nite hunt?

Old Post 04-18-2018 09:13 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
awolf
UKC Forum Member

Breed to Danno. I heard some them pups can burn the hooves off a hog.

Old Post 04-18-2018 09:14 PM
awolf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awolf Click here to Send awolf a Private Message Find more posts by awolf Add awolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

Call Wade Kuhns. Simple, can't get know easier. He has what you are looking for.

Old Post 04-19-2018 12:26 AM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

SPEED

The faster they go, the farther they get.
Richard you've got the right idea. Everything I own now needs a young person behind um.
LOL, my hounds are a job.

Old Post 04-19-2018 12:30 AM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Don, Bear had plenty of speed and so did Ginger. I know very little If anything about Wade's dogs.

Old Post 04-19-2018 01:21 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Hhhhhhmmmmmm, hope this isn't from the statement I made on the drive post. But my next question is what is your dog averaging now for speed? I know what I think is fast and I'm still looking for one I can buy of any color. But I don't think you'll ever reach that 2000 point goal.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 04-19-2018 01:25 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Independence and 2000 points rarely go hand in hand.

Old Post 04-19-2018 02:17 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

As I said, I have got the independance, looking for speed.

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:10 AM
jkhutch
UKC Forum Member

Richard I think you are doing a great job!! Keep it up

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:26 AM
jkhutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkhutch Click here to Send jkhutch a Private Message Find more posts by jkhutch Add jkhutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Richard

You are welcome to some Deuce juice. I'll go one step farther with you. I will split the cost with ya. Partner.

Old Post 04-19-2018 06:41 AM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lawsreddog
UKC Forum Member

Dozer

Spencer Smith's grnitech smith's rusty red dozer! I got some females and males off him that can down right leave them walkers on track! The entire litter was lightning fast on track, off my Ace breed female!

Lawson's Buck Creek Wildman

Old Post 04-19-2018 12:03 PM
Lawsreddog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lawsreddog Click here to Send Lawsreddog a Private Message Click Here to Email Lawsreddog Find more posts by Lawsreddog Add Lawsreddog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So you bred an Ace bred female to a Rusty Red bred male? Now that was a novel idea.
Where is Spencer? Does Dozer have the speed that I am looking for??

Old Post 04-19-2018 03:16 PM
Lawsreddog
UKC Forum Member

Talking Spencer

He is in Illinois! About 2 hours northeast of St Louis. He has his stud on stud page double grandson to Rusty! My female is heavy hennings chief! He might have the speed your looking for with track!

Lawson's Buck Creek Wildman

Last edited by Lawsreddog on 04-20-2018 at 11:43 AM

Old Post 04-19-2018 03:44 PM
Lawsreddog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lawsreddog Click here to Send Lawsreddog a Private Message Click Here to Email Lawsreddog Find more posts by Lawsreddog Add Lawsreddog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

LIL RED MAY HAVE HAD 2000 IN A HUNT

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 04-19-2018 07:23 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
LIL RED MAY HAVE HAD 2000 IN A HUNT

Yep but she was part walker.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 04-19-2018 10:05 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

SO IT TAKES A WALKER TO SCORE 2000 IN A HUNT

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 04-20-2018 02:50 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

SPEED

You have to be careful with SPEED. I have seen several fast dogs that had a hard time on trace. But they could ambush a coon really good. It's hard to run up a score in the ambush mode.

Old Post 04-20-2018 03:13 AM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
As I said, I have got the independance, looking for speed.

You might as well stick with pack dogs if you want 2000+.

Old Post 04-20-2018 12:50 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

As I said about ten times now.....I have the independance but I am looking for a Stud dog that is fast enough to score 2,000 points in a 2 hr hunt. I don't care if he is a pack dog or not. I know where the independance is but where is the speed?
Apparantly no one knows.

Old Post 04-20-2018 02:27 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

You say a lot of stuff, but 9 outta 10 times I can’t figure out if you’re serious. You need like a green light or a red light with all of your comments. Or is it safe to assume a question answered with a question is sarcasm?

It hasn’t been too long you was knocking deep hunting dogs and dead loaners. Or at least I think you were, again, I can’t tell.

Old Post 04-20-2018 02:35 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

As I also said...Jared is going to have to hunt them not me. Open your mind and let what you are reading sink in. And I have Old Timers Desease so I don't remember what I said or did last week. I don't have to change my mind because I don't remember what I was thinking.

Old Post 04-20-2018 02:43 PM
barnyard01
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
You say a lot of stuff, but 9 outta 10 times I can’t figure out if you’re serious. You need like a green light or a red light with all of your comments. Or is it safe to assume a question answered with a question is sarcasm?

It hasn’t been too long you was knocking deep hunting dogs and dead loaners. Or at least I think you were, again, I can’t tell.

Excellent Post!!! X2

Old Post 04-20-2018 02:44 PM
barnyard01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnyard01 Click here to Send barnyard01 a Private Message Find more posts by barnyard01 Add barnyard01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreeDogKennels
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
As I said about ten times now.....I have the independance but I am looking for a Stud dog that is fast enough to score 2,000 points in a 2 hr hunt. I don't care if he is a pack dog or not. I know where the independance is but where is the speed?
Apparantly no one knows.

I think what Richard is looking for is a dog that can flat out hunt,run and tree most any thing its cut with,that takes one with extreme heart,nose,brakes,and enough brains between its ears to know how to use these three thing most importantly the brakes at the right time and with out hesitation,now put that with something that don't care or likes to get deep and lonely you be ready to go to town and might even be able to just ambush one now and then,think Richard might be a old dog that knows what he's after

Last edited by TreeDogKennels on 04-20-2018 at 04:16 PM

Old Post 04-20-2018 03:06 PM
TreeDogKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TreeDogKennels Click here to Send TreeDogKennels a Private Message Find more posts by TreeDogKennels Add TreeDogKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Maybe someone will have one at Jared's hunt on the 3rd of July and I can see him go.

Old Post 04-20-2018 03:19 PM