UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > New Rules - link
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

New Rules - link

Where do I find a list of the new rules and when will they start? Did all the chartered breeds agree to the changes??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2018 03:34 AM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

I would say the rules are the same. what changed is the hunt format breed ass. don't vote on that. That is a business decision.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 09-04-2018 09:32 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

link

What you’ve all been waiting for......

***UKC Nite Hunt Changes for 2019.***

Registered Category and Champion Category:
Dogs that have not earned a NITECH, FCH, or WCH degree are drawn out and will compete in the Registered category. Champions and Grand Champions will draw out together and compete in one category in Nite Hunts, Field Trials and Water Races. This category will further be referred to as the Champion Category.

Note: Any portion of the World Championship (includes RQE’s and Zones) and Youth Events will have all dogs drawn out together, regardless of category. Autumn Oaks is the only event where all three categories will be drawn out separately (Reg, Nite, Grand Nite).

Placing Dogs in Events:
Each event will place up to three dogs, based on highest cast-win scores of both divisions (Registered or Champion). However, clubs may choose to place more than three dogs for further recognition and award purposes. Otherwise, any additional cast winners will be noted on the Event Report as a Cast Winner. Dog must have a total score of plus points to be considered a cast winner, unless otherwise noted.

a. Performance points are issued to the top three placements at each event. The number of points awarded is based on the total entry of each division (REG, CH/GRCH).

The maximum number of Performance points that may be awarded for each placement is:
a. 1st – 2 points.
b. 2nd – 1 point.
c. 3rd - .5 point.

Nite Hunt Degree Structure. Nite Champion, Grand Nite Champion degrees, and beyond will be earned as follows:
a. Five (5) cast wins to earn Degree of Nite Champion.
b. Eight (8) cast wins in Champion division to earn Degree of Grand Nite Champion.
c. After a dog has earned the Degree of Grand Nite Champion, each additional eight (8) cast wins will earn a Degree of GRNITECH2, GRNITECH3, GRNITECH4, and GRNITECH5.
d. A dog having earned a grand total of 50 cast wins will earn a title designation of UKC Hall of Fame (GRNITECHHOF).

Hunt Time Options:
Sponsoring club have the option of 60-minute, 90-minute, or 120-minute hunts, with exception to RQE and Youth events. All Regional Qualifying Events will be 120 minutes. Youth Events may be 60 or 90-minute hunts. Clubs to advertise hunt time at time of event scheduling and may only be modified on day of event to a lesser time, if within reason as it relates to foul weather conditions. Hunt time not noted at time of event scheduling will default to a 120-minute hunt.

Double Header Nite Hunts:
Club may choose to schedule two separate hunts on the same night. Club will schedule two separate entry deadlines, with one event license fee. Top three placements in the event are based on highest combined double cast wins first, followed by single high scores, of either hunt. The hunt time scheduled for each separate hunt shall be the same. The amount of Performance Points awarded at a Double Header is based on the total entry for both hunts.

Slam Events:
Clubs may schedule any one or more of their scheduled dates as a Slam Event. Clubs have the option of $20, $30 or $50 entry fees. $20 and $30 entry fees pay out 55% of the total entry income. $50 entry fees pay out 75% of the total entry income.

Performance Points are awarded at Slam events. Dogs will be drawn out in two divisions (Registered and Champion/Grand Champion). Up to three placements awarded, based on highest first-round scores of both divisions, if Final Cast chooses to split cash award. If Final Cast hunts, dogs will place in the event according to scores in this cast.

Share away!

Please email fieldoperations@ukcdogs.com with questions or call the office next week when staff has returned from Autumn Oaks. Thank you!

Old Post 09-04-2018 10:58 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhasty
UKC Forum Member

What About

What is done with dogs that are already on the Nite Champion category and have wins towards Grand already?

Do they have to change to the new rules or start over?

Old Post 09-05-2018 06:16 PM
mhasty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhasty Click here to Send mhasty a Private Message Click Here to Email mhasty Find more posts by mhasty Add mhasty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

NiteCh - nothing, they will stay Nitech's

If they are already NiteCh's they will need 8 cast wins with plus points hunting with Nitech's and Grnitech's to make it to GRNITECH

Old Post 09-05-2018 08:08 PM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

I don't understand

the double hunt thing, can a dog get 2 wins at a double hunt??

Old Post 09-05-2018 08:38 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Re: I don't understand

quote:
Originally posted by timber hunter
the double hunt thing, can a dog get 2 wins at a double hunt??

Two hunts, same night. So, it appears you could get 2 cast wins in one night.

Old Post 09-05-2018 08:44 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Spurr
UKC Forum Member

Great new rules

Stylish Shaker 2018 fall baby stakes 2nd place

Stylish Lacy

Old Post 09-05-2018 10:49 PM
Jason Spurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Spurr Click here to Send Jason Spurr a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Spurr Find more posts by Jason Spurr Add Jason Spurr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, what is Redbone Days going to look like in the future? Will the membership be able to bring up changes in the format this summer for the 2020 hunt? Or will it be an Executive Directors decision? We now have Mini Slams, 60 min, 90 min or 2 hr hunts. We could have 60 min or 90 min early rounds and then a late round hunt off. We could have a 90 min early round on Sat night and then the top 4 overall dogs hunt it off for Overall Champion. What are some more ideas?

Old Post 09-06-2018 02:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
We could have a 90 min early round on Sat night and then the top 4 overall dogs hunt it off for Overall Champion. What are some more ideas?

Now that is an EXCELLENT idea!

Old Post 09-06-2018 02:14 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Will we recognize a first, second and third place Gr Nt and Nt Ch? Or will we now just have a first, second and third place Champion Class winner.

Old Post 09-06-2018 04:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

My question and others I have talked to

who have dogs closed to being finished to Nitech or GrniteCh.

Shouldnt a dog with a certain amount of wins be grandfathered in?, ie 2 of these people have 4 wins towards GRNITECH and dont think it fair for them to get another 4 wins to finish to GRNITE. Would like to hear from others on this!!!

Old Post 09-07-2018 01:59 AM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

What I mean by grandfathered

is that they still should be under the old rules, Ie if if a dog needs just one win to be Nitech or 1 win to be GRNITECH

Old Post 09-07-2018 04:20 AM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

The ONLY advantage I see in this change is to UKC, not the hunters. In many cases it’ll simply mean we have to enter more hunts as I seriously do not see # of entries on any given night increasing as a result.

And think about it, so let’s say a registered hound currently has 5 second place wins on record at UKC, so as of 1/1/19 he’ll be a NTCH, great, that did help a couple hounds. But that’s the only hound getting anything out of this, a little local 2nd place NTCH isn’t even recorded or turned in to UKC is it? So what about that hound? No grandfather for him. Like many organizations this change has yet to look as if it was made with the actual participants in mind, or with their input.

Now, if money gets involved it could possibly make more sense, so I guess we continue to wait.

Old Post 09-07-2018 01:22 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Changes were made because of hunter's complaints about the old system. UKC didn't care and didn't just make the changes for the organization. They consulted with many hunters and made the changes the hunters wanted. These changes are made to benefit the local clubs and the hunters. And y'all aren't even considering that it will take the need to "run up" a score out of the equation. After Jan 1st, it won't matter who your guide is or whether you have the best buckets. Isn't that a benefit for the hunters? How does that benefit UKC? And how does allowing clubs to decide whether to hold 60, 90 or 2 hr hunts benefit UKC? That can only benefit the hunters.
The change takes place on Jan 1st. The only way to do that is to say that after that date "all" dogs have to have 5 cast wins for Nt Ch and 8 for Gr Nt. You can't have some dogs operating under the old format and some under the new. There has to be a hard and fast cut off date.

Old Post 09-07-2018 03:22 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Talking

I GOTTA A HEAD ACHE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 09-07-2018 03:50 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

With a head like yours, it should ache every day.

Old Post 09-07-2018 04:46 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: What I mean by grandfathered

quote:
is that they still should be under the old rules, Ie if if a dog needs just one win to be Nitech or 1 win to be GRNITECH

They're giving everybody 4 months to do it the old way. Seems fair enough to me.

Old Post 09-07-2018 05:15 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chase214
UKC Forum Member

So my question is if my dog doesn't make grand before jan 1
Do I keep my wins or do I have to start all over

Old Post 09-07-2018 07:01 PM
Chase214 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chase214 Click here to Send Chase214 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chase214 Find more posts by Chase214 Add Chase214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Bull butter Richard.

The only time a high score is plain ole stupid is when it takes said high score to continue forward in an elimination style event, which has always been the dumbest thing I could possibly imagine and this new process isn't taking that out of the equation. My dog can ONLY beat the 3 I've drawn and can ONLY tree the coons available by the guide I'm assigned. At the local club level, the turnout is so pitiful it's rare to see more than 1 NTCH cast, and I'm not just talking turnout in the armpit of the coonhunting world in which I live, I always watch closely total hunt entries all over the map in the CB each month.

Old Post 09-07-2018 07:29 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Chase, you keep all CW's recorded by UKC.

Old Post 09-07-2018 07:40 PM
redtide
UKC Forum Member

Re: link

I always thought this should be done - nothing else to do after GRNITECH.
c. After a dog has earned the Degree of Grand Nite Champion, each additional eight (8) cast wins will earn a Degree of GRNITECH2, GRNITECH3, GRNITECH4, and GRNITECH5.

BUT- Still not clear on the cross over - Am I correct that a registered dog will keep the cast wins earned prior to Jan. 1, but has to have 5 instead of 3 now? Or, what is the "4 month" rule someone referred to below?

quote:
What you’ve all been waiting for......

***UKC Nite Hunt Changes for 2019.***

Registered Category and Champion Category:
Dogs that have not earned a NITECH, FCH, or WCH degree are drawn out and will compete in the Registered category. Champions and Grand Champions will draw out together and compete in one category in Nite Hunts, Field Trials and Water Races. This category will further be referred to as the Champion Category.

Note: Any portion of the World Championship (includes RQE’s and Zones) and Youth Events will have all dogs drawn out together, regardless of category. Autumn Oaks is the only event where all three categories will be drawn out separately (Reg, Nite, Grand Nite).

Placing Dogs in Events:
Each event will place up to three dogs, based on highest cast-win scores of both divisions (Registered or Champion). However, clubs may choose to place more than three dogs for further recognition and award purposes. Otherwise, any additional cast winners will be noted on the Event Report as a Cast Winner. Dog must have a total score of plus points to be considered a cast winner, unless otherwise noted.

a. Performance points are issued to the top three placements at each event. The number of points awarded is based on the total entry of each division (REG, CH/GRCH).

The maximum number of Performance points that may be awarded for each placement is:
a. 1st – 2 points.
b. 2nd – 1 point.
c. 3rd - .5 point.

Nite Hunt Degree Structure. Nite Champion, Grand Nite Champion degrees, and beyond will be earned as follows:
a. Five (5) cast wins to earn Degree of Nite Champion.
b. Eight (8) cast wins in Champion division to earn Degree of Grand Nite Champion.
d. A dog having earned a grand total of 50 cast wins will earn a title designation of UKC Hall of Fame (GRNITECHHOF).

Hunt Time Options:
Sponsoring club have the option of 60-minute, 90-minute, or 120-minute hunts, with exception to RQE and Youth events. All Regional Qualifying Events will be 120 minutes. Youth Events may be 60 or 90-minute hunts. Clubs to advertise hunt time at time of event scheduling and may only be modified on day of event to a lesser time, if within reason as it relates to foul weather conditions. Hunt time not noted at time of event scheduling will default to a 120-minute hunt.

Double Header Nite Hunts:
Club may choose to schedule two separate hunts on the same night. Club will schedule two separate entry deadlines, with one event license fee. Top three placements in the event are based on highest combined double cast wins first, followed by single high scores, of either hunt. The hunt time scheduled for each separate hunt shall be the same. The amount of Performance Points awarded at a Double Header is based on the total entry for both hunts.

Slam Events:
Clubs may schedule any one or more of their scheduled dates as a Slam Event. Clubs have the option of $20, $30 or $50 entry fees. $20 and $30 entry fees pay out 55% of the total entry income. $50 entry fees pay out 75% of the total entry income.

Performance Points are awarded at Slam events. Dogs will be drawn out in two divisions (Registered and Champion/Grand Champion). Up to three placements awarded, based on highest first-round scores of both divisions, if Final Cast chooses to split cash award. If Final Cast hunts, dogs will place in the event according to scores in this cast.

Share away!

Please email fieldoperations@ukcdogs.com with questions or call the office next week when staff has returned from Autumn Oaks. Thank you!

334-580-7940

https://redtidekennels.wordpress.com/home/

http://i53.tinypic.com/xpq06h.jpg
NITECH 'PR' THORN'S ROLEX (R.I.P.)

Old Post 01-30-2019 11:17 PM
redtide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtide Click here to Send redtide a Private Message Click Here to Email redtide Visit redtide's homepage! Find more posts by redtide Add redtide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote