UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Hooper Ridge English
Pages (18): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Well Ole Holly/Thrasher & I are slowly getting back into shape. Had a few good races and trees the past couple weeks. Sure loving this cooler weather.

Puppies are growing like weeds, and man are they fun to watch as they play in the yard. That clumsy tumbling and falling can sure be entertaining on a lazy afternoon, LOL.

Now I cannot wait for season, as that is what I call my (training) season LOL.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2015 04:51 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Bumping Up, Hunting couple night a week. Holly is slowly getting back into shape, but not sure she will ever get back to where she once was. I understand at 8 years old things start to change. It takes longer to get in to hunting shape. I'm finding that out for myself, LOL!

Hope one of these young dogs turns the crank. It's hard to settle for average, when you have owned one that preformed at the top of the food chain. But we all know, the caliber of hound we get to own is really in Gods hands. We just simply get the privilege to own and hunt what is provided. The good news is that if we don't like what we are hunting, at least we are not married to it. We can change directions.

Hunting season is just around the corner, hope to get back into the woods with some of my dear friends.

Good Hunting to all!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-05-2015 04:00 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

BTT-Man was it ugly tonight. Think I better go check my calendar. I have kept statistics over the years and for me,(on average) the toughest night to tree coons on the outside is two nights before the calendar full moon. That is of course so long as it is a clear night, no cloud cover.

Not sure if tonight is that night but it sure felt like it when I shined those trees, LOL!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-24-2015 04:57 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Got Ole Holly and Thrasher out for a couple drops the other night. Man I cannot wait till season comes in so I can begin the tuning process on my young dog Thrasher.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-02-2015 09:35 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun

Chris, here is that old video of my Gun dog from about 3 years ago. Gun is a stand on the wood tree dog until you arrive and then he wants to watch you to see if your going to shoot it out, LOL.

Danged Crazy dog anyway!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-13-2015 04:17 AM
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Dave!!

When does your season come in???

Sounds like you are as excited about young Thrasher as I am about my young Samson boy it's exciting to see a young dog come on and want to please you!!

We have hunted off and on weather and schedules permitting and treed some coon here in NY I have only 5 nice big coon in freezer no sense killing too many I got a few hides for the 4 mos old up and coming crew too LOL!

Be safe Dave have fun watch that knee and give Holly a good hug and pat for me! We are expecting a couple inches of snow tonight but weatherman calling for nice and in 60's next week oooooweee we will be huntin these young dogs!!!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 11-13-2015 03:33 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Doug, sure is good to hear from you. Our season came in this week, Nov. 10th to be exact. I have been out twice and popped a coon each night to ole Thrasher.
He is coming along at a pretty fair pace. Now that the leaves are off, hunting him by himself will bring him so much faster. He absolutely hates a coon. Has good speed on a good track. He is still figuring out that trailing part though, LOL. But that will come with time and experience.

Man I hate to hear about the snow coming your way tonight. Its been windy here for the past couple days but looks like it will lay sometime tonight. Hope so anyway.

Take Care and keep posting them pics of Ole BlueSpeck and Sampson. I love looking at them.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-13-2015 08:52 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Well deer season came in today. Be glad when its over. Probably not hunt till Thursday or Friday. That should give most of those out of town lease hunters enough time to fill their tag and spend next weekend with their family LOL.

Mean time, Holly, Thrasher and I will be on ice, so to speak.

Have a safe week if your hunting the big game!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-30-2015 07:00 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Won't be long before we will be hunting with this stuff on the ground. But man we cannot complain about the weather we have had so far this season. My good friend Bill Cottrill is coming over for a hunt tomorrow night. Should be a great night of hunting with the temps they are predicting. Good Hunting to all.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-12-2015 04:35 AM
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Man Dave i just been hanging out at home and thought about ole Holly. I bet that girl is like my seasoned hounds and just relaxing more now and eating more now and i really hate for you to be out that extra money on her so figured you might be ready to let her come here for a really long visit. 😜 Probably one of the best loooking blue english gyps i ever seen. There something about Holly that just blowed my skirt up. Lol.... Dont hurt none knowing she is a coondog either. Enjoy the weather! Like you said there's gonna be a big change soon.

GrNtCh HOF GrCh Tough Red Ruby Big Rig

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Glass Performance Sire 2009 World Qualifier

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Tank
GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Glass Shaker 9th place St Jude Saturday nite hunt 2013
NiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Shine (RIP)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Lady (Sold)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Rebel (Sold)

Old Post 12-12-2015 04:56 AM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks so much Dave. Just got in from hunting tonight with my buddy Bill and we sure did have a great hunt. Temps were super nice, Dogs looked real good. Even my 5 month old out of Holly got in on the excitement on that first coon. Holly got in about 450 yards over a hill, and Bill and our 80 year old buddy, (we call him Old Man Charlie) couldn't hear Holly treeing. I told them Holly was treed and there was something else treeing with her. When we got to where we could hear them we'll danged if that little pup wasn't trying to match tree barks with momma Holly. This little pup has Holly's personality but is marked up a lot like the old Sandy dog that Wilcox Bingo was out of. At least that is the dog I think of every time I look at her.

If she would only make as good, I would be tickled pink, LOL!!

Thanks for checking in on us, and I sure will keep an eye on that stuff Tank is putting on the ground. Man that pup you have is SOMETHING else!! Take care!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-13-2015 06:20 AM
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Dave gald you guys had a good hunt. It sounds like you might be in for lots of fun with your pup off Holly! When them pups go to eating that tree up it will put some pep in your step for sure. Keep us posted! Enjoy them hounds.....

Old Post 12-14-2015 01:18 AM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave, I sure know what you mean about those young pups putting a little extra pep in your step. I hope this one does it for me but only time will tell.

Take care and enjoy this wonderful hunting season!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-15-2015 09:28 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

HAPPY 2016 to all. Went to the brush tonight split dropping Thrasher from Holly. Almost got stuck, then Holly's tracking collar wasn't working, Then She ran a coon and just almost got out on a busy 2 lane highway before I caught her. Thrasher got wooded on a big ole den about 600 yards up and over the top of a big ridge. Last drop I dropped them both together and instead of blowing across this deep holler, they went parallel to the road I was parked on and got treed within 75 yards of someones house.

Thank Goodness this house was a former neighbor of mine from 25 years ago. A good man he is, but I still don't like getting treed beside someones house. Guess what, another big den, but they were cracking it, lol.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-02-2016 05:11 AM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

DAVE

Dang! Dave sounds like fun! heck you have coon there. even a walker mite tree one. got behind someones house last nt. he let out sound like a shotgun blast telling me to get out. dang dog was headed rite for him on a cold track! I toned him and he came back! must been some deer hunter thout he owned whole county.

Last edited by CHEWBACH on 01-02-2016 at 06:29 PM

Old Post 01-02-2016 06:24 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I heard that, about those touchy Ole deer hunters. Sure will be glad when muzzle loader season is behind us. Then those kind of deer hunters can go back to their Big City life and leave us danged Ole country boys alone. LOL.

I always enjoy hunting the month of January if we are not trying to do it in a foot of snow. I sure hope Ole El Nineo keeps bringing us that warm southern breeze.

Now about them ole walker hounds and coon hunting down here. I know them ole walker dogs can tree coons down here cause I think they are just line bred English hounds, with a few shots of some track driving walker fox hound mixed in to give them that extra boost of speed and endurance when they need it.LOL.

Just teasing with you my friend. I sure wish my English pups were preforming like those walker pups you are hunting up there. They are some good ones!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-03-2016 05:15 AM
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

David

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
HAPPY 2016 to all. Went to the brush tonight split dropping Thrasher from Holly. Almost got stuck, then Holly's tracking collar wasn't working, Then She ran a coon and just almost got out on a busy 2 lane highway before I caught her. Thrasher got wooded on a big ole den about 600 yards up and over the top of a big ridge. Last drop I dropped them both together and instead of blowing across this deep holler, they went parallel to the road I was parked on and got treed within 75 yards of someones house.

Thank Goodness this house was a former neighbor of mine from 25 years ago. A good man he is, but I still don't like getting treed beside someones house. Guess what, another big den, but they were cracking it, lol.

Glad to see your getting after it!! Sounds like a scary night and that is why I hunt so far off the road and never cut a dog from the road just too many high speed NY drivers up here !!LOL!! I know what you mean seems like last few yrs so many people from the city and suburbs come out to rural Warsaw, buy a couple acres in the middle of the woods then shoot at ya if your dogs get too close like they think they are Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson protecting their homesteads!! I'm still lucky to have some secluded off the road sites to hunt but it is forever more changing. In all the 50 yrs I have hunted this was the first yr I ever got fired on by a landowner and he started shooting when the dogs were still 400 yrds. from his little homestead on property we had permission to be on.
Take care Dave keep after them and stay out of trouble now!! LOL!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 01-03-2016 01:59 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

The above picture is of a dog I sold as a pup to a man in Illinois. This is Ole Huck. He is out of my first cross of Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rocket's Top Gun and Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly. He is a full brother to my new project, Hooper Ridge Wicked Lizzie. Huck is from the first cross and Lizzie is from the 2nd cross. Huck is now owned by Mr. Luke Foster of Decatur, Indiana. Luke sent me this picture the other night and from what he had to say, a big Thanks goes out to Mr. Mark Harmon, for doing such a fine job of training this hound. Marks was the man who purchased this pup from me, and from what Luke has told me, Mark did a wonderful job training him. And now that Luke has purchase him, He and this hound have had a very enjoyable hunting season. So Thank You Luke for trusting in, and putting out your hard earned money, toward owning a Hooper Ridge born and bred hound.

It is hard to breed for a good pup. It is even harder to get those good pups in the hands of folks that really give them a chance. Thanks again to all who have played a part in allowing this hound to reach his full potential.

Yes Doug you sure are right about those crazy high speed drivers. We have them here as well. Hope this snow gets off in the next day or so as our season goes out this coming sunday night. Good Hunting to all!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-27-2016 08:33 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Needs a bump. Weather was bad, I decided to take a trip to to Florida. Looks like things will be looking much better by the weekend, so hope to get back to the timber REAL soon.

Holly's pup (Lizzie) is ready to start rocking so let the fun begin!!!

Also getting good reports on Lizzie's litter mates.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 02-25-2016 04:13 PM
jbarrett
UKC Forum Member

VIDEO

Dave thanks for sending me that video of your young male dog locating and treeing I like his mouth!!! Thanks again

CURRENT HOME OF:

CH.NT.CH. LIMITED EDITION SPONGE BOB

PAST HOME OF:
GR.NT.CH. SUNDAYCREEK MICHONNE
GR.NT.GR.CH. SUNDAYCREEK KOBE VII
GR.NT.GR.CH. SUNDAYCREEK IZZIE
NT. CH. SUNDAYCREEK ELLY

JAY BARRETT

Old Post 03-02-2016 03:39 PM
jbarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jbarrett Click here to Send jbarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email jbarrett Find more posts by jbarrett Add jbarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Your welcome Jay. I sure do appreciate your kind words about Ole Thrasher's mouth.

Did you get those pups on the ground yet?? If so, are pups and mom all doing well??

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 03-02-2016 07:47 PM
jbarrett
UKC Forum Member

PUPS

Dave Michonne ended up with six pups she had eight but two was born dead!! Seem to be doing ok mother and pups. Thanks for asking.

CURRENT HOME OF:

CH.NT.CH. LIMITED EDITION SPONGE BOB

PAST HOME OF:
GR.NT.CH. SUNDAYCREEK MICHONNE
GR.NT.GR.CH. SUNDAYCREEK KOBE VII
GR.NT.GR.CH. SUNDAYCREEK IZZIE
NT. CH. SUNDAYCREEK ELLY

JAY BARRETT

Old Post 03-05-2016 10:05 PM
jbarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jbarrett Click here to Send jbarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email jbarrett Find more posts by jbarrett Add jbarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jay, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Been busy around here. Looking forward to really being able to focus on my Lizzie female. Though she is only 8 months old I see a lot of natural potential in her, but man it is tough starting all over again with another pup, but this one is out of my old stuff and I sure like what I see early on.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 03-15-2016 02:10 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

HOPER RIDGE YOUNGENS!!!!

I would like congratulate my son David and his little blue female, Hooper Ridge Tree Singing Babe for winning their first cast last night, as well as winning 1st place at the coon hunt at Barlow, Ohio, registered division. Babe scored on 3 coon 550+ no minus, and had the 4th one treed after hunt time was up. Not bad for a young man that has done EVERY bit of the work on this hound. It's nice to have success along the way but its especially nice when your first success is a first place win.

Congrats to you David and your fine hound Babe. Babe is Off Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly and Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rocket's Top Gun.

Those that live in and around SE Ohio know how awesome it is to win this spring hunt at Barlow. This club is not only one of the oldest standing clubs in UKC, but this spring hunt draws dogs from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, so it always has a great turnout. To win this hunt is always quite an honor in our neck of the woods, and I'm especially proud on this day of my son and his fine hound Hooper Ridge Tree Singing Babe. Congrats again, and good luck next weekend !!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 03-19-2016 10:33 PM
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Re: HOPER RIDGE YOUNGENS!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
I would like congratulate my son David and his little blue female, Hooper Ridge Tree Singing Babe for winning their first cast last night, as well as winning 1st place at the coon hunt at Barlow, Ohio, registered division. Babe scored on 3 coon 550+ no minus, and had the 4th one treed after hunt time was up. Not bad for a young man that has done EVERY bit of the work on this hound. It's nice to have success along the way but its especially nice when your first success is a first place win.

Congrats to you David and your fine hound Babe. Babe is Off Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly and Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rocket's Top Gun.

Those that live in and around SE Ohio know how awesome it is to win this spring hunt at Barlow. This club is not only one of the oldest standing clubs in UKC, but this spring hunt draws dogs from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, so it always has a great turnout. To win this hunt is always quite an honor in our neck of the woods, and I'm especially proud on this day of my son and his fine hound Hooper Ridge Tree Singing Babe. Congrats again, and good luck next weekend !!

Wow! That is nice! Congratulations to your son (David) and Babe on the big win! Sounds like lots of good things to come for those two. I know you gotta be a proud Daddy and you should be. Great job!!!!

Old Post 03-19-2016 11:30 PM