UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How to break a dog from Armadillos!!!!?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
NEOKHUNTER
Banned

How to break a dog from Armadillos!!!!?

Ok Ive tried everything I know to break this dog, from rolling him down a hill in a barrell with a shock collar to the good ole' fashioned way. What else can I do to break this dog or is he just unbreakable?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-10-2009 02:53 AM
NEOKHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NEOKHUNTER Click here to Send NEOKHUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email NEOKHUNTER Find more posts by NEOKHUNTER Add NEOKHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder

hey joe

take him back up north to the man that claimed he was a coondog and get your money back!!!! they can use every excuse in the world, but if a dog is a coondog they will not run off game!!! my dogs have never seen a bear, moose, or porky, but they didn't run them when we crossed them in maine. stay blue, they are true!!!

Old Post 01-10-2009 04:07 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEOKHUNTER
Banned

Good advice

Yeah I hear ya Eddie. But like you said earlier on the phone sometimes you lose money and well thats part of the game. Im just gonna send him back up North where there aint no armadillos and well he will make someone a hound up there but down here, he just cant cut the mustard...

Old Post 01-10-2009 04:59 AM
NEOKHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NEOKHUNTER Click here to Send NEOKHUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email NEOKHUNTER Find more posts by NEOKHUNTER Add NEOKHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder

joe

i'll say amen to that!!! hope your new male turns out good for you. hunt him lots by himself and give him the coon, like i told you john carrol is an honost man, if he told you he'll tree then he will.
whats the pedigree on that dog?

eddie harp

Old Post 01-10-2009 05:13 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young
UKC Forum Member

Come on guys

I myself had the mother to my young female that only opened on coon here in ky. ,but when sold to a gentleman in alabama she turned into an armadillo dog. it does happen. I had known this old female a long time & hunted her myself after buying her from a very good freind & i know she was coondog & coondog only in ky. she had never been out of ky. so never exposed to armadillo & yes we gave the buyers money back, but i know for a fact it can happen, & would still put this female up against anything except a dillo dog lol

06' UKC World Championship Finalist
Kings Mtn Stylish Nut

Old Post 01-10-2009 08:13 PM
Les Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young Click here to Send Les Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young Find more posts by Les Young Add Les Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote