UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (67): « First ... « 65 66 [67]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 at the Ms. State Youth Championship

pic host

Jeremy came by yesterday and we loaded up Sheba and headed to the 2019 Ms. State Youth Championship in Meadville, Ms. Where we were to Meet Mr. Ray Necaise and His son Braiden and his Step son Payton Smith. Payton was the one that would be Hunting Sheba in the hunt. We spent an enjoyable evening watching all the kids win all kind of great prizes in different events. As 6clock rolled around all the kids were dressed to hunt along with their dads and friends and ready to go. After the draw out we learned that we had a three dog cast, and Payton had drew out against a young lady hunting a Walker dog and Tanner Gerald, Mike Gerald,s son hunting a Bluetick female. I would like to thank Mr. Wesley Ratliff for being our guide and Mr. Jeremy Purvis for Judging. Mr. Wesley put these kids in the coons. I was amazed at how well these kids called these dogs. We were in the 12 year old and under group. When we got down to about 16 minutes left in the hunt. The dogs made a tree and as they were getting them off the tree it was discovered that Sheba had cut her left back leg open just above the foot probably on a broken bottle or can somewhere in the swamp. All the dogs were close in points. I think between 400 and 500 points. Sheba was bleeding pretty bad. I talked it over with Payton and he told me he sure didn't want to see Sheba hurt, so we decided to withdraw her. I think when th hunt was over the little lady with the walker dog won the cast and overall high scoring dog with 450+ points.

In another cast Braiden, Ray's other son was hunting his dog Shadows Blue Smoke and he was also doing quite well. He won his cast and third place overall and I think this win finished Smoke to Nite Champion. I would like to thank everyone envolved with the Ms. State Youth. They are doing a great Job.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-08-2019 at 09:23 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2019 08:13 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba and Shadows Jake

Working Old Sheba and Jake in the pen. Jake is a young dog out of Shadow. He is coming along fine and should make a fine hound.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-13-2019 at 10:28 PM

Old Post 12-13-2019 10:19 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Jeremy came by last night and we hunted Sheba for a while. We made 3 trees, The first one a hugh Turkey pine. We finally found the coon sitting right in the top. We left it to run again. The second tree was a den tree. We cast on up the swamp from there. The next tree was a Cyprus leaning over into a bigger Cyprus. It was so foggy and misty out there in the slough that we could not hardly see the top of the trees, so if he was there we couldn't see him. We walked back out of the slough and cast on up the swamp. The struck a real cold track and moved it out in the middle of another slough and moved it on up the slough. and were having a rough time with the track. We let them work in there for about 30 minutes and then we went around on another road to get closer. We finally decided to call them in and I'm glad we did as Sheba came in carrying that right back leg that She had cut open at the State youth hunt last Sat. Night and it was bleeding again. We brought her home and cleaned her up and doctored her leg and called it a night. I will carry her to the Dr. Monday.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-14-2019 at 03:30 PM

Old Post 12-14-2019 03:03 PM