UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Not treeing your dog rule
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gunduke314
UKC Forum Member

Not treeing your dog rule

Hi I have a question for Allen or Trevor. According to new rule passed if dog isn't treed he gets minused his strike no matter the outcome of the tree. I was at 2 RQEs this weekend and on Friday night we had dogs that treed and one guy didn't tree his dog. When we got there it was a hole. The judge wanted to minus the dog. They put a question on it guess when got back to club the MOH said his strike points oils be deleted. Now on Saturday night a guy treed his dog we got was a hole my dog was there the judge minused my dog her strike points.

Can someone clarify. If it's a hole do the dogs not treed get minused strike points or deleted.

It's on the back of the card but people at the RQE read the rule different ways.

So could Allen or Trevor clarify dogs in hole please maybe do a short video so we can save what they say thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2023 04:06 PM
gunduke314 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gunduke314 Click here to Send gunduke314 a Private Message Click Here to Email gunduke314 Find more posts by gunduke314 Add gunduke314 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
donaldpeyton
UKC Forum Member

I would think if you cant get plus you cant get minus! Might be wrong haven't even read tules but it common since

Old Post 03-12-2023 05:08 PM
donaldpeyton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for donaldpeyton Click here to Send donaldpeyton a Private Message Find more posts by donaldpeyton Add donaldpeyton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheBandit
UKC Forum Member

It seems like there is a lot of misunderstanding on this from what I’ve seen.

If a dog is at a closed tree when the judge arrives, and the dog is not declared treed, it gets minused its strike regardless of how the tree is scored.

*The only time you don’t receive strike minus on a tree that the dog is treeing on but not declared treed is if it is shut out on strike for that particular tree. Since you would have been struck with a line for striking after the first dog treed, you have no strike points to minus on that particular tree.

If dog A is declared treed and dog A’s tree is closed, and dog B is treed, dog B is awarded 125 as if it is split. If dog B is on Dog A’s tree when the cast arrives, dog B gets 125 minus and then js minused it’s strike points as well.

That’s the way I’ve understood it from reading on it and listening to the rules change podcast Allen and Trevor did. If I’m wrong, I hope I get corrected here.

Last edited by TheBandit on 03-12-2023 at 05:32 PM

Old Post 03-12-2023 05:28 PM
TheBandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheBandit Click here to Send TheBandit a Private Message Find more posts by TheBandit Add TheBandit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gunduke314
UKC Forum Member

I understand about being on the tree if not declared tree you get minus strike but what about a hole when you get is it the same as being a tree. That's why I was hoping Trevor or Allen can clarify

Old Post 03-12-2023 07:29 PM
gunduke314 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gunduke314 Click here to Send gunduke314 a Private Message Click Here to Email gunduke314 Find more posts by gunduke314 Add gunduke314 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gunduke314
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by donaldpeyton
I would think if you cant get plus you cant get minus! Might be wrong haven't even read tules but it common since

You do get a minus at the tree if your dog is not declared treed when you get there regardless of circle slick or coon there.

Last edited by gunduke314 on 03-12-2023 at 07:45 PM

Old Post 03-12-2023 07:31 PM
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

The rule for a hole is different from rules for a tree. Dogs declared treed at a hole are responsible for tree rules. Dogs not declared treed at a hole but are indicating the coon is in the hole are eligible for strike points per what is seen in the hole.

Old Post 03-12-2023 09:06 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gunduke314
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
The rule for a hole is different from rules for a tree. Dogs declared treed at a hole are responsible for tree rules. Dogs not declared treed at a hole but are indicating the coon is in the hole are eligible for strike points per what is seen in the hole.

Ok dogs not declared treed when everyone get their strike points minused no matter what is seen circle slick or coon. What I'm trying to figure out does the same rule apply to a hole since the dog is not treed does his strike points get minus like on a tree

Old Post 03-12-2023 11:27 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)

This MOH has the correct answer 99.9% of the time. No exception here. The new rule pertians to a tree. Like Bill says, specific rules for holes. Dogs declarted treed in a hole to recieve strike and tree values, dogs not declared treed, strike points only valued. This rule has not changed and has been this way as long as I can remember. Refer to Rule 3(b) or 5(a) as applicable.

Old Post 03-13-2023 03:20 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gunduke314
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
This MOH has the correct answer 99.9% of the time. No exception here. The new rule pertians to a tree. Like Bill says, specific rules for holes. Dogs declarted treed in a hole to recieve strike and tree values, dogs not declared treed, strike points only valued. This rule has not changed and has been this way as long as I can remember. Refer to Rule 3(b) or 5(a) as applicable.

Thank you for clarifying this. Helped a lot

Old Post 03-13-2023 03:38 PM
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

NO. Treeing in a hole is considered different than treeing on a tree.

3 points will be plus
rule 3-b When dog is declared struck and treed and coon is seen
other than in a tree, dog declared treed recieve strike and tree
points. Dogs not declared treed, strike points only.

4 Points will be minus,
strike points
Rule 4(f) If dog declared treed;_etc_______________. Dog(s) treeing
but not declared treed when the judge arrives receives minus strike
points. Dogs shut-out on strike will receive no minus strike points.
Refer to _etc__.

4(g) When dogs tree and (1) a non-hunting judge or(2) a majority of
the cast when a hunting judge is used, can plainly see no coon to
be there, strike and tree to be minused.
5 Circled and deleted points
circle points:
(a) When a strikes and trees on a tree or a hole in the ground
where there could be a coon, yet the judge does not see a coon and
no off game is seen. NOTE: in case of running coon in a hole or
place of refuge other than a tree, handler may call dog treed.
However, if not called treed, cast may proceed to the general area,
and track can be considered finished if dogs, by actions either tree
barking or otherwise, show to the satisfaction of the judge, coon to
be there. One dog must show the end of trail. For dogs declared
treed in a hole or tile, see Rule 3(b) or 4(g), if applicable.

Old Post 03-13-2023 04:03 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

UKC should really bring the new rules to the top of the forum. Hunts in the midwest and northern states are starting to ramp up. Not to mention there is a fairly large hunt coming up in a couple weeks might be a good reminder.

Old Post 03-13-2023 05:53 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Henry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
UKC should really bring the new rules to the top of the forum. Hunts in the midwest and northern states are starting to ramp up. Not to mention there is a fairly large hunt coming up in a couple weeks might be a good reminder.
This could be a mess .. lol

NITECH 'PR' River Has Rizen
GRNITECH 'PR' Nowhere Hardware

Old Post 03-14-2023 01:41 AM
Josh Henry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Henry Click here to Send Josh Henry a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Henry Find more posts by Josh Henry Add Josh Henry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote