UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > no bark collars
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
carpenter
UKC Forum Member

no bark collars

wanting to get feed back on brands of no bark collars thanks so much for any help

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2023 01:10 PM
carpenter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carpenter Click here to Send carpenter a Private Message Find more posts by carpenter Add carpenter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

I currently have 4 Sportdog SBC10 rechargeable collars. They work great. Once a month I recharge them. Well worth the $

Old Post 03-14-2023 01:17 PM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

WELL

I have garmin barklimiter collars. I WILL NOT PUT THESE ON MY DOGS ANYMORE. Too many times they get shocked when not barking. They end up with hairless spots on the neck. I have had better luck with dogtra collars.

Old Post 03-14-2023 04:00 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

No-Bark Collars :

I've had 3 garmins and 1 tri-tronics . The tri-tronics was ok . Next time that I buy one , it will be something other than a garmin .

Old Post 03-14-2023 09:45 PM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

No-Bark Collars :

I've had 3 garmins and 1 tri-tronics . The tri-tronics was ok . Next time that I buy one , it will be something other than a garmin .

Old Post 03-14-2023 09:45 PM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

I have tried different brands what I have concluded in my study of the no bark collar market. Is that there is only one brand for my needs, the Dogtra Ys600. The Dogtra Ys600 is like baby bear soup, not too cold ,not too hot, but just right. When I tried Garmin brands I noticed they was way to sensitive they would shock a hound trying to eat. I had to then train a hound not to be afraid of a feed pan. That was both Garmin bark limiters 1 and 2. Other brands was just cheap quality and less features. You won’t go wrong if you go with dogtra ys600. It has vibration and several different stimulation levels. Also you can get a dummy collar from dogtra the same size to mix it up in the kennel where you don’t have to purchase so many actual bark collars if you have multiple hounds. Different strokes for different folks. Any way I can help shoot me a message. On any of my social media platforms Facebook, TikTok, Instagram.

Old Post 03-15-2023 11:22 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I’ve got 3 of the YS600, they all are under a year old, some just afew months old, they go dead in about a week or sometimes less like 3 or 4 days, I would say bad batteries but all 3 do it and they aren’t on dogs that bark all day. Has anyone else had this issue?

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-16-2023 12:48 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

Both mine are the same Jeremy, went to the Garmin ones they go a month or more before I recharge them and always are still working at that length of time.

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Old Post 03-16-2023 02:03 PM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

No bark

I prefer the Garmin because of their size and their longer lasting battery life. But I do have one collar that does false shock a dog sometimes when it shouldn’t.
I have two new Ys600 dogtras. To me they are too big and bulky. I also don’t like how they don’t automatically adjust the shock stimulation. Don’t seem to stay charged as long.
With that being said, I wish someone would come out with something better.

Old Post 03-16-2023 05:02 PM
BluetickHound22 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

40 dollar ones from tractor supply is by far best on market for the money last for at least 2 yrs without battery change

Old Post 03-17-2023 11:41 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

I’d recommend sort dog rechargeable or the dogtra ys-600

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Old Post 03-18-2023 02:02 AM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I like the Sportdog No Bark Collar you can get at Tractor Supply. I have one that I’ve had for over a decade and it still works!

They’re right around $70-$80.

Old Post 03-18-2023 01:17 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote