UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pup question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nmcoonhntr
New UKC Forum Member

Pup question

I just pick me up a new Red bone a puppy... He is approximately 7 weeks and when I picked him up he seemed very happy and paste the kennel allowed me to pet him at the kennel but now that hes home he will not come anywhere near me... I cannot pet him play with him or Otherwise.

How do I Socializing Him more... Is this typical behavior for a puppy When they've been taken out of their normal environment... Any tips would be appreciated thank you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2019 02:40 PM
Nmcoonhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nmcoonhntr Click here to Send Nmcoonhntr a Private Message Click Here to Email Nmcoonhntr Find more posts by Nmcoonhntr Add Nmcoonhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How do most kids act on their first day of school. "Socializing" is just getting anything used to their new surroundings. It is the same with people or any animal. Each person or animal has a unique personality and will need a different timeline. Some will become socialized easily and of course a few will never learn to become at ease around other people or animals.

Old Post 12-12-2019 04:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nmcoonhntr
New UKC Forum Member

Ok so just time is what is needed.

Old Post 12-12-2019 04:36 PM
Nmcoonhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nmcoonhntr Click here to Send Nmcoonhntr a Private Message Click Here to Email Nmcoonhntr Find more posts by Nmcoonhntr Add Nmcoonhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nmcoonhntr
New UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the response...it just kinda weirded me out because he was so friendly in his other kennel...now for a few weeks he is completely the opposite.

Again thank you for the response.

Old Post 12-12-2019 04:37 PM
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

try this

lay on the floor and let him come to you ,

Old Post 12-12-2019 07:05 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I think every day is critical in socializing young pups...
I would take the pup into the house with me and sit down in my favorite chair with the pup in my lap and do that every day for a few days until he learns to trust you..give him a few treats here and there until he realizes your his best buddy...

No sudden moves and don’t chase him...walk casually towards him and pick him up and pet him...

Eliminating puppy shyness at a young age is top priority for me...if I think it hereditary I usually won’t keep the pup...

Old Post 12-12-2019 07:15 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nmcoonhntr
New UKC Forum Member

Wow awsome responses! Thank you guys. I will try these tips starting today.

Old Post 12-12-2019 07:20 PM
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

That is normal. Especially if he is the only dog you have. Just take your time, give him a shirt that you have worn to sleep on and play with. Just don’t rush it, he will come around

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 12-12-2019 07:21 PM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Just get some kids around, afew tea parties and a couple stroller rides will have them acting just as wild as the younguns. Puppies at my house have no choice but to be social,lol.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 12-12-2019 09:07 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Anyone that raises pups needs either kids or grandkids.

Old Post 12-12-2019 09:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Even my grandkids are about grown up...so I have to step up and do extra on the socializing...

Used to be them grandkids wanted to come over and play with the pups...they have different priorities nowadays...😳

Old Post 12-12-2019 10:01 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When I have pups the neighborhood kids come over and ask if they can play with them.

Old Post 12-12-2019 10:56 PM