UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Best wormer?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tgrimmett
UKC Forum Member

Best wormer?

What's the best worm medicine for my beagles and where do you get it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-09-2013 10:18 AM
tgrimmett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tgrimmett Click here to Send tgrimmett a Private Message Click Here to Email tgrimmett Find more posts by tgrimmett Add tgrimmett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Results

I am having great results with Panacur wormer. 1ml for every 4.4 lbs of body weight.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 11-09-2013 10:56 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cswest
UKC Forum Member

I use safeguard goat wormer 1 ml for every 5 lbs. of body weight for three consecutive days $19.99 for 4.2 ounces.

buy at
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/sto...dewormer-125-ml

plenty of info.
http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/hea...nsive-treatment

Old Post 11-09-2013 11:56 AM
cswest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cswest Click here to Send cswest a Private Message Click Here to Email cswest Find more posts by cswest Add cswest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy C
UKC Forum Member

I use panacur with good results

Old Post 11-09-2013 02:18 PM
Andy C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy C Click here to Send Andy C a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy C Find more posts by Andy C Add Andy C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen the best there is bar none!!!

"We Hual With Owens Boxes"
GRCH GRHBCH White River Coal Miner
GRCH GRHBCH Weedeater Fire River Blessing (Gena)
GRCH GRHBCH Litttle Italy's Gracie Girl
Regestered National Ch. GRHBCH Hartleyville Grimm Ripper
HBCH Big T's Leo's Coal Trash
GRHBCH Huttons Big T's Rip Fuel
(And Coming Soon)
Whiteriver Awhole Lotta Trouble
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )
GRHBCH Buck Lake Lola (RIP OLD GIRL)

Old Post 11-09-2013 02:26 PM
big matt t. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big matt t. Click here to Send big matt t. a Private Message Click Here to Email big matt t. Find more posts by big matt t. Add big matt t. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beagler/mike
UKC Forum Member

Mr West, Safeguard make a product specifically for dogs. Why do you use goat wormer ? thank you

Last edited by beagler/mike on 11-09-2013 at 03:04 PM

Old Post 11-09-2013 02:55 PM
beagler/mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beagler/mike Click here to Send beagler/mike a Private Message Find more posts by beagler/mike Add beagler/mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy C
UKC Forum Member

Matt t what worms does valbazen kill? Thanks

Old Post 11-09-2013 03:17 PM
Andy C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy C Click here to Send Andy C a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy C Find more posts by Andy C Add Andy C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

All of them!!

"We Hual With Owens Boxes"
GRCH GRHBCH White River Coal Miner
GRCH GRHBCH Weedeater Fire River Blessing (Gena)
GRCH GRHBCH Litttle Italy's Gracie Girl
Regestered National Ch. GRHBCH Hartleyville Grimm Ripper
HBCH Big T's Leo's Coal Trash
GRHBCH Huttons Big T's Rip Fuel
(And Coming Soon)
Whiteriver Awhole Lotta Trouble
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )
GRHBCH Buck Lake Lola (RIP OLD GIRL)

Old Post 11-09-2013 05:49 PM
big matt t. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big matt t. Click here to Send big matt t. a Private Message Click Here to Email big matt t. Find more posts by big matt t. Add big matt t. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yankeeman
UKC Forum Member

Wormer??

What do you guy's use on pregnant female if anything ? And then pup"s? Thank's

Old Post 11-09-2013 08:49 PM
yankeeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeman Click here to Send yankeeman a Private Message Click Here to Email yankeeman Find more posts by yankeeman Add yankeeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cswest
UKC Forum Member

No matter if its horse,goat or dog wormer the ingredient is the same in safeguard wormer, Fenbendazole. The dog wormer comes in a box with three packs for $9.99 to give to your dog three consecutive day's. I like to use goat wormer instead, same ingredient Fenbendazole, 1 ml for every 5 lbs for three consecutive days. My beagles weigh about 20 lbs so a total of 12 ml per worming cycle. I can worm 10 dogs using goat wormer.A bottle costs $19.99 for 125 ml. if I use dog wormer it would cost $100 bucks to do the same thing. I have also used horse wormer paste a pea size dose on the end of your finger for 3 consecutive day. I've never counted the pea size doses in a tube for $7.99 but I'm sure it's cheaper than the dog wormer. I've used the dog wormer in the past I just prefer to save $80 to get the same results. Plus you can worm pregnant females too and the pups starting at 2 weeks of age and you can not over dose dogs using fenbendazole.

Old Post 11-09-2013 10:04 PM
cswest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cswest Click here to Send cswest a Private Message Click Here to Email cswest Find more posts by cswest Add cswest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

Panacur isn't for dogs but people use it all the time with great results! I use safeguard hoser wormer.. Same active ingredient as the others but cheaper than the rest...

Old Post 11-09-2013 11:31 PM
walkerdogman85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogman85 Click here to Send walkerdogman85 a Private Message Visit walkerdogman85's homepage! Find more posts by walkerdogman85 Add walkerdogman85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Since when isn't Panacur not for dogs? I buy it from my vet for my dogs. You can also buy it from 1800petmeds. You must be thinking of something else. It works great!!! I am actually thinking of switching my hounds over to a new shot my vet was telling me about. It covers everything even heartworm prevention for up to 6 months. I like the idea of it.

quote:
Originally posted by walkerdogman85
Panacur isn't for dogs but people use it all the time with great results! I use safeguard hoser wormer.. Same active ingredient as the others but cheaper than the rest...

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 11-10-2013 02:18 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

The panacur I have used come from TSC and it's for horses. I didn't know they made one for dogs? I coon hunted with an older guy who used panacur for horses and always had good luck. I'll have to look into the panacur for dogs. How much is it? For a tube for a horse is around 18 dollars and it will last along time just worming a few dogs.

Old Post 11-10-2013 09:47 AM
walkerdogman85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogman85 Click here to Send walkerdogman85 a Private Message Visit walkerdogman85's homepage! Find more posts by walkerdogman85 Add walkerdogman85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy C
UKC Forum Member

130 dollars for a 1000 cc.

Old Post 11-10-2013 10:16 AM
cswest
UKC Forum Member

At $130 for a 1000 ml sounds expensive at first for panacur or safeguard but when you do the math it's way cheaper than the granular type made for dogs. With a bottle that size you could worm 83 beagles that weighed 20 lbs but if you use the box of granular made for dogs it would cost $830 to worm the same amount of beagles. The ingredient is the same fenbendazole. It will kill hook, round, whip and some tapeworms with no fear of overdose.

Old Post 11-10-2013 12:38 PM
ohlinger
UKC Forum Member

P.P.O you can get it from Eisenhut it kills all intestinal worms. One dose every six months and you won't find any worms in you're dogs. Does great on Tapes especially.

Thirtyoughtsix Bred Beagles
330-987-5883
www.noluckkennels.webs.com
CH PCH GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
HBCH Gridiron Double Trouble
HBCH Highbar's No Luck High Octane
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze
LPRCH HBCH Gridiron No Luck Bad Mojo
CH Thirtyoughtsix Lucky Boy
CH 'PR' Weedeaters No Luck Ugly Betty
No Luck Red Razz (coming soon)

Old Post 11-11-2013 02:32 AM
ohlinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ohlinger Click here to Send ohlinger a Private Message Click Here to Email ohlinger Find more posts by ohlinger Add ohlinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big Boy Patch
UKC Forum Member

PPO work great been using them for a couple yr now.

Old Post 11-11-2013 04:53 AM
Big Boy Patch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big Boy Patch Click here to Send Big Boy Patch a Private Message Click Here to Email Big Boy Patch Find more posts by Big Boy Patch Add Big Boy Patch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

How much is the PPO?

Old Post 11-11-2013 04:45 PM
ohlinger
UKC Forum Member

I'm not sure on price u get a bulk discount 1 pill does 22lbs www.eisenhutdogsupplies.com

330-987-5883
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze

Old Post 11-12-2013 04:50 AM
ohlinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ohlinger Click here to Send ohlinger a Private Message Click Here to Email ohlinger Find more posts by ohlinger Add ohlinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ohlinger
UKC Forum Member

Its similar to drontal plus I believe never really looked into it to verify tho...

330-987-5883
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze

Old Post 11-12-2013 04:56 AM
KY.BOY
UKC Forum Member

Is valbaizen any good? it is a type of goat and cow wormer.

Old Post 11-13-2013 04:52 AM
KY.BOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KY.BOY Click here to Send KY.BOY a Private Message Click Here to Email KY.BOY Find more posts by KY.BOY Add KY.BOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ohlinger
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen is generally sold as a goat wormer I never seemed to be able to completely rid my dogs of worms with out reinfestation using it that was my only prblm with it....you have to kill the worms then kill the eggs or kill the hatched eggs before they can get the opportunity to reproduce as well....the p.p.o once every six month cycle works great for me same as with dog food I've tried a lot of wormers and this is what suits me best....

330-987-5883
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze

Old Post 11-13-2013 05:59 AM
Chippewa01
UKC Forum Member

It's good to alternate wormers periodically. Will prevent immunities from being formed in both dog and worms...I've had good success with Panacur and Pyrantel Paomate, Ivermectin for heartworm prevention during warm months

Ch HbCh Buckeye Bear of the Brush
PcH GrHbCh Chippewa Bear Cub
GrHbCh Chippewa Little Rachel
HbCh Chippewa King's Shooting Star

http://www.chippewa-valley-kennels.webs.com/

Old Post 11-13-2013 06:13 AM
Chippewa01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chippewa01 Click here to Send Chippewa01 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chippewa01 Visit Chippewa01's homepage! Find more posts by Chippewa01 Add Chippewa01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ohlinger
UKC Forum Member

What dosage ivermectin do u give I've got a bottle but don't know the dosages for dogs

330-987-5883
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze

Old Post 11-13-2013 07:03 AM
Don Wells
UKC Forum Member

for Ivermectin give 1/10 of a cc per 10 lbs of weigh

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Old Post 11-13-2013 10:58 AM
Don Wells is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Wells Click here to Send Don Wells a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Wells Find more posts by Don Wells Add Don Wells to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote