UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Beagle Classifieds > Beagle Prices
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Beagle Prices

How do they compare to coonhound prices? I've bred, trained and sold coonhounds for 40 years but was curious about the beagle side of things. Please don't respond with "there worth what a buyer will pay", I realize that, just looking for a general idea.

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2019 01:59 PM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coacher
New UKC Forum Member

Prices

It varies somewhat, but here is what I've seen. $200-$300 for AKC registered pups, $350-$450 for "started" pups/dogs. The term "started" varies from merely barking on track to circling a rabbit. Unregistered or "grade" dogs are priced lower.

Old Post 12-18-2019 08:16 PM
coacher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coacher Click here to Send coacher a Private Message Find more posts by coacher Add coacher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

right up through the 80s to mid 90s beagle pups registered or not went for about 150 .then after that they went to about 250 until about 2005 when they went to around 350 plus. now I see them as high as 450 about every decade or so they went up about 100. you can still get some at around 250 which is a good deal for the buyer in todays economy with the cost of having a litter of beagles and everything that goes with it. that's what I paid for the reg.female I bought in 2018.raising beagles(hounds) here in maine is in a big decline except by people raising them to hunt and maybe selling the few extras.the adds use to be full of hounds .now there are very few.hounding other than maybe coyote hounds is in a big down cycle here in maine.as far as the money part for selling beagles it is a hard pill to swallow when a guy puts everything in to raising and training those die hard little hounds only to receive a few hundred for pups.then see those bull dogs that cant breathe and live to about 6 go for 2000 plus as pups and sellk like hot cakes.

Old Post 12-19-2019 12:35 PM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote