UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tell me what he'll be..........
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Tell me what he'll be..........

I'm getting a male walker pup tomorrow. I've read a lot of posts of opinions on bloodlines, and I find it pretty fascinating how some lines are better at tracking, some at treeing, etc. So anyway, I'm going to post a bunch of dogs in my new pups pedigree, and I'd like you guys to describe what he's gonna be like when grown. Mouth, tree style, hunt style, trashy, age he wants to start, whatever y'all can think of. It'll be cool to see if anybody's right. I'll keep everyone posted on his progress.
Grnitch yadkin tar rattler
Lockdown lassie
Lippers stylish rank
Rogers Sugarloaf Luke
Railey creek sackett
Houses rock Mtn prowler
Fosters windy
Greened wild thang Jane
Flatwoods thunder
Foggy Mtn chief_
Nocturnal nailer
Hard time buck
Burdines buffalo Jane_
Wldnitech bellars PAC man
nitech big creeks stylish roxy
Wild thang Jane again
Buffalo river smoke
trackman
Stylish duke
Lot lizard
Rat attack
Nocturnal nailer
Sackett jr twice
Nocturnal style
Rock river lady
Hardwood slough
Hardwood tiny
Hardwood maniac
Nite heat Dixie twice
Schmersals stylish Anna_

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-13-2013 03:11 AM
RIDGERUNNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RIDGERUNNER Click here to Send RIDGERUNNER a Private Message Click Here to Email RIDGERUNNER Find more posts by RIDGERUNNER Add RIDGERUNNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

He should turn out to be a Walker hound.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 04-13-2013 03:16 AM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dumbdog1988
Banned

hard to say you have about ten different types of bloodlines and they all have their diff traits lol. Just go by his parents and grand parents i wouldnt worry about the dogs past the 2nd gen...especially not the 3rd gen

Old Post 04-13-2013 03:21 AM
dumbdog1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dumbdog1988 Click here to Send dumbdog1988 a Private Message Find more posts by dumbdog1988 Add dumbdog1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I would say a lot of what he'll be depends on you. Good luck with him though.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 04-13-2013 03:02 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MUSKY
I would say a lot of what he'll be depends on you. Good luck with him though.

Those names mean very little if you dont give them a fair chance in the woods. I agree with the above post. Good luck

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 04-13-2013 04:35 PM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxmanwillie
Banned

blood line

ped looks good should be early starting hiund especialy with the maniac blood should be balance track and tree should start early good luck

Old Post 04-13-2013 07:48 PM
boxmanwillie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmanwillie Click here to Send boxmanwillie a Private Message Find more posts by boxmanwillie Add boxmanwillie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

Loud bawl on track chop on tree comes on the tree with a super long loud locate has the coon 60% of the time if praised at every tree early on 80% if not praised to much for treeing. Will smoke a hot coon well open his mouth a good bit on the ground. Good tree dog hunts out 900 yards. Will run trash like none other as a pup. Good luck with your red head Walker should be bigger then avg. did he get the trackman leg?

Last edited by Tyler Vaden on 04-15-2013 at 04:19 AM

Old Post 04-14-2013 05:02 AM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Those last two responses are what I'm talking about! The first few were a little remedial. I REALIZE I'll have to train and hunt the dog. Sheesh. I'm not sure what you mean by the trackman leg though. What does that mean? As far as training goes, im going to go the wick route with him. I'm going to let him get around 8 or 9 months old before I show him a live coon, and I'm not going to spend a lot of time working him on a caged coon in a tree. He should tree because that's what tree dogs are bred for. I'll turn out coons without him knowing, and cut him loose. Between running released coons and hunting the hair off him, he'll make a dog. Keep the predictions coming!

Old Post 04-14-2013 08:12 PM
RIDGERUNNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RIDGERUNNER Click here to Send RIDGERUNNER a Private Message Click Here to Email RIDGERUNNER Find more posts by RIDGERUNNER Add RIDGERUNNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

Does he have red running down his back leg? Like Trackman, Cold Sweat and Cornell?

Last edited by Tyler Vaden on 04-14-2013 at 10:46 PM

Old Post 04-14-2013 10:30 PM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

I dont reckon. His left back leg is white, and his right is black and white with A dab of red on his knee. He's not blanket backed. He's bout half black and white spotted. His head will be red though. He was the only male of the litter that wasn't blanket backed. I like him cause it seems everybody wants the blanket backed pups. I'm glad to be different. He ain't but five weeks old. Hopefully, he'll put a bunch of ozark mountain coon on the wood for me and my nine year old boy.

Old Post 04-14-2013 11:07 PM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

What kind of nose do you reckon he'll have?

Old Post 04-14-2013 11:24 PM
Nat Thomas
Banned

There's no way to predict what he will be.

Old Post 04-15-2013 12:33 AM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

Guys he knows he has to hunt the dog. He also knows just cause one of you guys(or me) thinks something don't make it true. There is lot of people that get on here and say (ol Bill throw track dogs and Hank throw tree dog that have a coon about 1 out of 100 trees.) You guy can't say that blood has nothing to do with the way most of you buy pups, because you like the traits that line of dogs is know for. I have seen a coondog that both his mom and dad should have never been bred and never treed a coon. Just take a guess at what he will be and see who is right or almost right. I think this will be fun can't wait to see how right or wrong I'm in 2 years.

Last edited by Tyler Vaden on 04-15-2013 at 01:16 AM

Old Post 04-15-2013 01:11 AM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

That's what I'm talking about Tyler!

Old Post 04-15-2013 01:21 AM
kayapellijed390
Banned

I guarantee you could take a pup out of my stud and one of my personal bitches and raise and train it without me ever seeing and hearing that dog and hand me the lead strap at a hunt and say handle this one. I wouldn't have a bit of trouble calling that strange dog. Of course my dogs are bred a lot tighter than this one. But still there are plenty of people out there who have hunted with the above mentioned dogs close relatives and should be able to give this guy at least a few likely traits that are prolly gonna pop up.

GRNITECH 'PR' DERBY CITY SANDY
GRNITECH GRCH CASH'S CAMO JUG OF SHINE
--2012 National Grand Nite Champion American Leopard Hound
--High Scoring Leopard 2012 Autumn Oaks
--High scoring Leopard Saturday night at Leopard days 2011
--Qualified for the 2011 UKC World Hunt.
--High Scoring Leopard of the 2011 UKC World Hunt
--Breed Winner for the 2011 Purina Race Hunt
--2011 South Dakota State Hunt Champion
CH RYLEIGH'S GRIM REAPER
--Tri-State Coonhunters Association 2010 Bench show dog of the year

And the Redbone--
2013 Tri-State Overall Bench Show Dog of the Year:
'PR' CH RAGGED RIDGE CJ (Willie) co-owned with Bob Julson

Old Post 04-15-2013 03:52 AM
kayapellijed390 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayapellijed390 Click here to Send kayapellijed390 a Private Message Click Here to Email kayapellijed390 Find more posts by kayapellijed390 Add kayapellijed390 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 04-15-2013 05:19 PM
justin tumbleso
UKC Forum Member

Come on kayapellijed390.....Are you breeding Me-Tooers too?

Give me a good Me-Too dog and I can compete in any cast. Strike the first dog that strikes and tree the first dog that trees. As long as ole Me-Tooer is there and the dogs he's packing with tree coons, I'm golden.

Just kidding with you kayapellijed390...I couldn't resist.

Happy Hunting!
Justin

"I do it to feed my competitive desire"

Old Post 04-15-2013 09:29 PM
justin tumbleso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justin tumbleso Click here to Send justin tumbleso a Private Message Click Here to Email justin tumbleso Find more posts by justin tumbleso Add justin tumbleso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big m.d.
UKC Forum Member

If you want a good answer post a real pedigree instead of just a list of names

Old Post 04-15-2013 10:43 PM
big m.d. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big m.d. Click here to Send big m.d. a Private Message Visit big m.d.'s homepage! Find more posts by big m.d. Add big m.d. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Good point big M.D!

Old Post 04-16-2013 12:27 AM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

....... Nocturnal style
.................Trackman
........rock river lady
......sire.....all grand track lizard
........ Rat attack
................hardwood lot lizard
........ Maniacs hardwood slough
Pup
....... Grnitch hard time buck
.................grnitch stylish duke
....... Stylish Jesse
.......dam.... ntch burdines flaming star
....... Ntch buffalo river smoke
.................Grnitch Burdines buffalo Jane
....... Nitch wild thing Jane again

Old Post 04-16-2013 01:05 AM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

It seems to have come out backwards looking. Didn't look like that when I typed it!

Old Post 04-16-2013 01:07 AM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 04-16-2013 05:58 PM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 04-19-2013 02:05 AM
RIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Trying to figure out how to post pics of him. He's four months old now. About 40lbs. He's a biggun. Houndy. Smart too. Tears up a coon hide. Got a big loud bawl mouth, and chops at the cat when he bays it up. Wish it would climb, but it fights, and he ain't scared. He'll ball that cat up and bay it somewhere! Red headed, and yes Tyler, his black leg turned red. I'll try to figure out how to get a pic on here. He never hesitated to swim a nice sized creek me and family went swimming on. Already got him broke off chickens..... His name is Otis. I'm really excited about him.

Old Post 07-23-2013 11:01 PM
boxmanwillie
Banned

ridge runner

the trackman dogs seem to start early and have big mouths its hard to say what he will be like i know this much the maniac dogs are track dogs and the trackman dogs are tree dogs hopefully he will be a balance hound only time will tell good luck

Old Post 07-24-2013 12:46 AM
boxmanwillie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmanwillie Click here to Send boxmanwillie a Private Message Find more posts by boxmanwillie Add boxmanwillie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote