UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Stokes08
UKC Forum Member

how does t-top blood do bred to Timber Chopper i have a male that i wouldnt mind breeding and im wondering has that made a good cross before

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-18-2009 12:08 AM
Stokes08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes08 Click here to Send Stokes08 a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes08 Add Stokes08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Cherry and Yank

Took Cherry up to visit Yank and had a great time while I was at T-Top kennels. Tom and Char treated me the best. Had some good Pork Chops and chicken breasts to eat too. Went hunting with Dave two nights and saw a sister and a brother to Dagger do some real fine work. ( Yank and Lienie ) Thanks for everything Tom and I will be waiting to hear on the other issue we talked over. Loved the film of old Rat and Raven and watching the training films. Great films on the Lion hunts too. Had a good drive up and back with the weather but the old gas people raised the gas prices 20 cents a gallon while I was up there. I guess the oil companies are having a hard time making it. Ha! Take care Tom and Thanks again. Dave at Bristol Ridge Kennels New Lexington, Oh.

Old Post 05-29-2009 04:01 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Visit

Hey Dave, it was great having you here, I enjoyed it and so did Char and Dave. The weather has been good since those first two days of rain but we needed it bad so we're not complaining at all.

Angel had 11 pups the day you left and I believe she still has 10 in the box. They are real dark and seem pretty active and are nursing aggressively so hopefully we'll keep at least 7 or 8 or more if she can handle them. She's acting real good and it seems it wasn't too hard on her even though the litter is large. I don't know how many males and females yet but I'll get it figured out over the next few days.

I suppose Flirt and Leinie will come in heat now that they were exposed to Cherry...Flirt is already getting fat and acting like the boys are a little better looking than they were a week or so ago

I'm glad you made it home in good shape, I know it's a long haul but I'm hoping it was worth it in the long run.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 05-30-2009 03:25 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

congrats on the litter tom.

Hurnie made show champion last night. she did good in the final round until she jumped off the bench when I was setting her back legs....lol...it was pretty funny.....the judge caught her on the ground for me......I guess that is what happens when they have a live coon in the back of a truck 30 yards from the bench show and the show was right in the wind coming from that truck. several of the dogs had a hard time focusing because they all could smell that coon. but she just needed a few points so she didn't need the overall win.....thank goodness.

I may be up this week......possibly monday night. we'll see....I have to check my schedule tomorrow. I know I have another dentist appointment on the 3rd but I can reschedule. I have radford high's graduation on the 5th and my dad's surgery on the 8th so it probably will have to be this week.

I'll let you know for sure tomorrow afternoon.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 05-30-2009 08:06 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Maitland
UKC Forum Member

Tom-

chaulk another nite champion up for Rabble.

Old Post 05-30-2009 10:33 PM
Joe Maitland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Maitland Click here to Send Joe Maitland a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Maitland Find more posts by Joe Maitland Add Joe Maitland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!

Way to go Joe! Heck of a job you're doing with that hound. Shaker needs just a cast win to finish to Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. so it won't be long and Page and Rabble will have another in the books. Good luck with him, I know you were going to hit a RQE tonight and I wish you the best of luck.

We just need a second or better to finish Leinie to Nt. Ch. and she's been looking good in the woods lately so we're hoping we can get it done at Redbone Days in Kansas next week. When we get Leinie done, we'll be working on getting da Moose in shape and on his way to finishing.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 05-30-2009 10:55 PM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Congrat's Joe on your new Nitech !! Go get-em tonight.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 05-30-2009 11:58 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Congratulations Joe! Dave

Old Post 06-01-2009 05:53 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Leinie

Hey Scott, Leinie is doing good and is getting to the woods pretty regular. She'll be making a long road trip this week so we'll see how she holds up. It's not my favorite time of the year to hunt but Dave is gearing up for the end of the school year so hopefully it will make it a little easier on him the next morning after going to the woods.

Pastor Mike was here yesterday and he went to the woods Monday night with Dave and Leinie and they made a couple of good trees with her. You'll have to plan to come and visit some time later on this summer when you can free up some time and we'll make a drop or two.

By the way...that's one of my favorite pictures of a dog on the wood.

Old Post 06-04-2009 02:30 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Home Sweet Home

Finally made it home tonight at 11:30pm. Left Tom's at 4:30am and also lost an hour for the time change..........it was a long drive. Had rain from bloomington-normal all the way to ohio. No vehicle trouble at all...thank goodness.

Had a good time Tom and Dave. It was nice to know that after I drove 18 straight hours to get up there and go hunting with Dave that some things just don't change...... Dave is still the ole eagle eye...lol.

You forgot pigeon Tom.......she came along for the second drop and cleared the path for leinie with her pot belly hanging down...........she really put pressure on leinie to get it right.....lol.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 06-04-2009 05:04 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Visit

Hey Mike, I'm glad you made it home OK...I was thinking about you all day. It's nice to have some "new blood" in the yard, they're getting along fine and we'll get them going shortly. I don't see anything that would give me any indication that they won't get with the program so it should be fun to see how it all plays out.

Yep...ol' Pigeon is the picture of a real athlete If she's not excavating something...she's eating. She's hardly ever any trouble and just goes about her business.

Dave and Don are on the road already so I hope they have an uneventful day on the road and that they have a good time visiting with old friends by tonight. I think they plan to meet up with Mark and hunt the Red hunt tonight but it will make for a long day for them and the dogs so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Old Post 06-04-2009 12:52 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tom for the hospitality.

I saw some real nice gobblers yesterday morning along the interstate down toward madison.......made me drool a little...lol.

Yea...ole pigeon licked the inside of the crate for the first 30 minutes yesterday morning......lol. then she settled in for the long haul. I fed her last night and she barked for a little while afterwards....I guess she was wondering where the rest of the food was.....lol......she was on her doghouse this morning waiting for more but it didn't come.....she'll just have to get through it. she's going on the 25/8 feed tomorrow so she'll trim down nicely in the next month.....in the meantime.....i'll get her tested for the hyperthyroidism.

I'm glad the pups have taken so well to their new environment......I really like both of those pups. I've gotten a little attached to frog though...so it's probably a good thing that I'll be away from her for awhile...lol.

When you get them on a coon......take some pics.....would love to see it.

I'll be watching for updates from Kansas.....I hope they do well. Leinie looked good the other night......."Scott...what were you thinking?"....

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 06-04-2009 03:42 PM
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

Tom

Guess it is not a huge deal, but Griz made bench champion Saturday at Troy's RQE, with 3 BOS.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 06-07-2009 07:52 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!

Great job Tim! Everything comes a step at a time and you can't achieve one step without the others. I thought that Griz was a real nice looking hound when I got to see him down there a few weeks ago and I believe he's going to make a tough dog to beat in the woods also with just a little more experience under him.

If a dog has what it takes to title in one way or another or both ways, then it's a credit to the owner if they put in the time it takes to get it done. Nice job!

Old Post 06-07-2009 08:18 PM
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Dave and Leinie on your 4th place win and HSF on Saturday night!

Aubrey and Ann Butler

VISIT: http://redfeverredbones.tripod.com/

Check Out Our What's Available Page For Upcoming Litters

Home of:
GRNITCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Jack Pine Duke (only current living Quad Grand)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox (October 2017 #6 Current Reproducer)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Gangsters Pair A Dice
GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Ryders Red Fever Tater (2013 ARCA Overall Hunt Winner)
NITECH GRCH PR' Two Worlds Collide (2 wins towards GRNITE, pts toward FCH WCH, Former #1 Reproducer)
NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Razor's Rip N Tear
NITECH GRFCH GRCH WCH Red Fever Ain't Going Down
NITECH GRCH PR Tree Rizin' Razor's Lil' Ghost
NITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Full of Mischief
NITECH GRFCH PR Red Fever Phantom By Moonlight
NITECH FCH GRCH PR Goza's Sing Along Country Girl
NITECH GRCH PR Red Fever Let Er Rip Taterchip
NITECH WCH GRCH GRFCH PR Red Fever Baby Likes To Rock
FCH CH PR Red Fever Rip Tearn' Beast Mode (wins toward NITECH, WCH)
WCH CH PR Red Fever Beware The Ricochet (wins toward FCH, NITECH)

****We use and recommend BLAZER Lights****

Old Post 06-08-2009 03:57 AM
Red Fever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Fever Click here to Send Red Fever a Private Message Click Here to Email Red Fever Visit Red Fever's homepage! Find more posts by Red Fever Add Red Fever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Leinie

Congratulations Dave and Leinie. Enjoyed hunting with you. Dave

Old Post 06-09-2009 01:58 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Get-R-Done

There Dave & Leinie !!!

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 06-10-2009 01:50 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Carter
UKC Forum Member

Tom, I recieved your message and sent you a PM...Thanks

PKC Ch Southern Ruckus ( GrNt Midnight Crow X GrNt Tic Tac )
Solos Super Flo ( GrNt Solo x GrNt Midnight Monkey )
Carolinas Super Crow ( GrNt Midnight Crow x GrNt Tic Tac )
GrNt PKC Ch Super Flo HTX ( GrNt Kansas Jr x NtCh Hawkeye Rose )
GrNtGrCh Midnight Black Wind ( GrNt Fr8liner x GrNt Super Flo )

Old Post 06-10-2009 03:59 PM
Brian Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Carter Click here to Send Brian Carter a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Carter Find more posts by Brian Carter Add Brian Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Close

Dave took Leinie to an RQE last night and had a good hunt but came up short. Sometimes the least possible scenario is what happens and you've just gotta grin and bear it.

Dave and Leinie ended up with 625+ but lost on the last drop, getting shut out on a tree. When they cut them loose, Leinie headed one way and the other dog the other way and only one of them found a coon. She covered but after the time was up so she got shut out...which is about the last thing that I thought would happen with her. She is independant but will usually cover easy enough. It was down to a two dog cast so all she had to do is cover second and second to finish with 775+...but it didn't happen. Dave said the other dog was well deserving and was handled by an upstanding young man so it was nothing more than how the chips fell in the end.

From what Dave reported, Leinie did her job very well with a couple of first strike and first trees and close to shutting out the other dogs twice but the winner covered in the nick of time. He said it was a good hunt with good dog work all around so no complaints.

I scored 1075+ with Rat once and lost and I scored 980+ with Rabble Rouser once and lost but I didn't feel bad about the dog work at all, I just didn't come out on top...it happens.

Anyway, Dave wanted to share that it was a good hunt and Leinie is looking very good so we expect her to get that last cast win to finish to Nite Ch. in the near future. Any cast win will do it for her so we'll keep putting her out until she gets it done.

Old Post 06-14-2009 10:49 PM
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the update Tom. Always gets me amped up when I read about Leinie. Sure would have been nice to get that last cast win to finish her to Nite champ.
Like to make a trip up and bring JJ and Tator with. Like to see JJ go with other top dogs. Not with Leinie if possible. I know how she hunts with her..
Give that long legged red headed freak a hug for me. LOL

Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Last edited by 1deadeye on 06-15-2009 at 05:03 AM

Old Post 06-15-2009 12:14 AM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Hay guys

I havent been getting to hunt much in the past few months. But I got a chance to go tonite took Deuce alone made one tree had the meat. He is a treeeeeeeeeee dog and put me to walken over a 1/4 mile but it was well worth it. Man it has truned off realy hot down here the flood waters have just fallen out and the mud is deep and the bugs are thick as smoke.Well you just got to love. Good hunten will keep you posted.

Old Post 06-17-2009 06:34 AM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Young dogs

Hey Don, I'm glad to hear that Deuce is keeping you interested, he sounds like a real nice young prospect. I think Cane will make a nice hound for Brian C also but I guess time will tell.

It's tough to hunt when it's hot and folks have to be careful when it's real hot and humid. Dogs get worked up regardless and sometimes it can get to an extreme and pose a risk to their health so it's good to be cautious. I know that it helps a lot if you can find and use some of the products that replace electrolytes in a dog, it has always helped us keep our hounds going good when it's hot.

I hope he keeps coming on for you Don, you've got the makings of some real nice crosses if you can get them finished.

Old Post 06-20-2009 10:49 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations to Dave and Leinie!

Dave took Leinie to a Nite Hunt last night and had a good night. He ended up with 400+ and it was good enough for another first place win.

This win finishes Leinie to Nite Champion and it's well deserved. She has matured nicely into a reliable hound that has been consistent and accurate...we like her a lot. Scott Brown should be proud of her accomplishments seeing as how he put a lot of time in on her, building her foundation.

We will mate Leinie to one of her good half brothers in the winter and look forward to early spring pups from the cross. We believe she will be a top reproducer as will her half brothers and sisters. She is double Rat bred like her full brother Nite Ch. PR T-Top Northwoods Yankee and she has a lot to offer just like he does.

Folks...Leinie is a hunting dog! She stands by the gate when ever she sees or hears activity in the yard...waiting for the sound of the truck starting. She won't eat her food until she is absolutely sure she's not going to get loaded up...she lets it sit there all day long. When she gets back from the woods, she piles into the food dish, takes a drink of water and climbs in her house waiting for the next day and night when she can do it all over again. She has characteristics familiar to me, I've seen them again and again in our T-Top line of hounds. If she can reproduce what she is and what she's from...she's another foundation block in a long line of hounds built to track and tree game and to make it an enjoyable process for the folks who follow them.

Don't overlook these hounds, all these years of top hounds after top hounds isn't happening by accident...

Last edited by topdog on 06-21-2009 at 06:33 AM

Old Post 06-20-2009 10:59 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

congratulations guys.........nice job.

What was the last female you guys finished in the hunts before Leinie?

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 06-21-2009 01:58 AM
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

TopDog;

Congrats on Daves win! That sounds like an interesting cross. Call me sometime! 574-533-0558 Cell 574-850-5252
Thanks, John

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 06-21-2009 03:11 AM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote