UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (82): « First ... « 80 81 [82]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Took BO to a UKC RQE last night in Louisiana. Told Beverly before Christmas that I wanted to do something I have never done before and thatís to hit the hunts hard this year. We kicked it off last night with our first hunt and Bo won the cast and was High Scoring Dog of the Hunt, winning the Plaque for First Place. We scored on 3 Coons seen under the Bright, Full, Super Snow Moon with no leaves on the trees. While the other dogs were not hunting and treeing slicks and possums, Bo was putting Coons up. Darren Willams, aka Sleepy, placed Second with Redstick Ann. She is Roseíes dam. He bred her to BO almost 3 years ago. Rose is in Illinois right now treeing Coon in the Snow. Her parents did her proud last night. Lot of hunts coming up the next few weeks and we gonna give them all a shot. Now that heís Qualified for the World Hunt, I want to get 4 more wins and get Qualified for the Tournament of Champions which is a great thing UKC has done. BO is the dog tied out back behind the barn you always hear about. We fixing to Show Out.

Last edited by steve bankston on 02-10-2020 at 02:04 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-09-2020 04:09 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Took BO out for a round last night and he went 2 for 2 in 37 minutes. Feeder track on the first one and struck off the leash on the next one which was a hot, less than 200 yard track. We have had such warm wet weather the past two months the leaves are right at the bursting point of appearing on the trees. Another month and the easy to find Coon wonít be so easy to find anymore.

Old Post 02-12-2020 01:13 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Bo went 2 for 2 again the other night and 3 for 3 in less than two hours last night. Flooded Seamps and timber. Took ROO with him last night and she went every time I cut him and treed on the last tree which was a hot track. These two pups have the Giddy Up that most do not. 7 months old and taking to the swamps like old pros. Going to keep hunting them this spring and summer until I decide which one I will push this Fall. Might be the hardest decision Iíve had to make in a long time because I really like both of them that much. Congrats to all the ones that won at the Winter Classic and took the time to tell me Congrats on Boís Win and getting Qualified for the World Hunt. Kyle Bush Of Coon Hunters suits me just Fine. Itís what Fuels me and Bo, the dog tied out behind the barn.

Old Post 02-19-2020 06:54 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

All three

Took Bo and both pups tonight. When cut they left like shot out of a cannon and soon struck a hot track at 152 yards. Ran it over 200 more and hit the tree. Bo and ROXY were knocking the top out. Roo was there and treeing just not as hard as ROXY was. It was something to hear echoing up out of that swamp bottom. They had the Coon and I knocked it out to them. Only the second track and tree the pups have been in on and they have treed on both and got to pull some fur. Gonna make some fine ones and going to be fun watching them mature and get better all summer long.

Old Post 02-20-2020 04:24 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

2 for 2

Bobby Gates II came down for a hunt last night. We had two inches of rain all day and itís a flooded mess in the woods. He had Tabby and I took my pup ROXY. I used to own Tabby. Sheís off Bocephus and a sister to the Bam dog I used to have. Tabby is a year and a half old and has really made a nice hound. She went 2 for 2 last night and ROXY treed with her both times. Really proud of my 7 month old pup. She get a few treed by herself she will be well on her way.

Old Post 02-21-2020 01:09 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Snake Bit

Went to a BBCHA Sectional the other night and BO got Snake Bit with the temperature in the 30ís. It has been warm and rainy for quite a while and I have killed several cottonmouths so I knew they were out. But with the cold front coming in I didnít think it could happen but it did. We were in Rattlesnake Country so we think thatís what got him or a Cottonmouth. Front Paw the size of a tennis ball. Needless to say we didnít have any luck, he didnít even make a tree. Garmin looked plum crazy the way he was moving and hunting, nothing normal. Venum had him screwed up bad. Giving him penicillin twice a day and Benadryl. Heís eating but itís still swollen bad. Give him a cc of Dex too. Hopefully he will be better in a few days. Another hunt coming up Saturday night that I would like to hit. Pups looking good. ROXY worked a track last night 300 yards through a lot of water and located up a few times but didnít stick. Tough track in tough conditions. Seven Month old pup doing a hell of a job and hunting out good to. Always on the move and knows that sheís got something to go find and do. Just putting it all together is fun to watch a smart pup do. Going to enjoy hunting her this spring and summer. Just ease her along and keep her progressing in the right direction then push her hard this fall and winter.

Old Post 02-24-2020 02:07 AM