UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Oldest "green" dog to start
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SC pleasure
New UKC Forum Member

Oldest "green" dog to start

At what age was the oldest "green" dog that you started that turned out to be a good decent coondog ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:35 PM
SC pleasure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SC pleasure Click here to Send SC pleasure a Private Message Find more posts by SC pleasure Add SC pleasure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

2 yr old had never been out of the pen when I got him . 6 months later he was a gr nt and then sold and became a well known stud dog , good luck

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:44 PM
Olrebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Olrebel Click here to Send Olrebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Olrebel Find more posts by Olrebel Add Olrebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

My pap started hunting a older dog once, I thought she was a 1.5 or so, after he hunted her just a short while she started quick and was doing a nice job. He eventually showed me her papers and she was 4 going on 5.... 😂😂 he proved to me it is never too late.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:55 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

3 year old dog once. It was free

Old Post 02-23-2020 07:03 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Back in the day we started them no matter how old they were all we could get anyone that thanks they get to old to start don’t know much about dogs or they are to sorry to hunt one. Seen plenty of them make dogs that would tree coons and they had coons now days they are easy to start just to fast on track and beat ole Ricky to,the tree.lol

Old Post 02-23-2020 07:21 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

i remember a t ball add in american cooner several years back about one that was like 5 years old before going to the woods have to look and if i still have it !

Old Post 02-23-2020 07:30 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I bought a brood female at the age of 5 she had never been out of the pen just been used to have puppies. I started carrying her and within 6 months had her running and treeing by herself. She made a real nice pleasure dog.

Old Post 02-23-2020 10:01 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I got one the vet estimated was about 4 from the shelter. Didn’t know what a coon was the first time it saw one in a cage. He runs and trees his own coon. Good pleasure dog.

Old Post 02-24-2020 03:30 AM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

My old Racket gyp was 3-4 when I got her. Hadn't been hunted in terms of anybody actually bothering to walk to her when she treed, but had ran loose around Turkey/chicken houses (confinement farms) her whole life.

Think varmint control if she could catch them on the ground....

I spent about 2 months knocking out coons she treed when I got her, and just ignoring everything else...she never offered to run fast game twice though.

She ended up being one of my 2 all time favorites, and I owned her until she died.

birthplace of UKC WORLD SHOW CHAMPION CINDERELLA

Old Post 02-25-2020 08:02 AM
L. Poe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L. Poe Click here to Send L. Poe a Private Message Click Here to Email L. Poe Find more posts by L. Poe Add L. Poe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote