UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Top 10 best hounds.
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pabeagler
I agree with Dave Richards . One cannot truly judge a dogs ability in a couple nights in the woods. I always said it takes 30 nights in the woods to form an opinion on a dog . Looking at the whole picture !
True not just in thick coon or same woods 30 nights hunting same buckets. I want to see him every where swamps, thin coon ,thick coon ridges corn fields after all a true lable of top ten best. Should he not tree coons every where and do it right.

I use Sunfire lights

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-25-2016 02:48 AM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

How come??

How come it takes several nights to form an opinion of a coon hound and just a couple hours in a competition hunt to form an opinion of a handler That goes to show you how much human influence plays part in a dogs outcome!

Old Post 07-25-2016 06:08 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

one things for sure.
if you hunt one long enough, sooner or later it will look like crap.

Old Post 07-26-2016 12:31 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
one things for sure.

It will look like crap way more than once. Hounds are like atheletes. Even the best get in funks. The ones I've seen that didn't have the funks were the same old sorry dog every night.

Old Post 07-26-2016 12:47 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2ol2hunt
We were talking about good dogs.... already faster louder and consistant. Just so much they can do
ill just shut up

Old Post 07-26-2016 12:51 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd_Miller
UKC Forum Member

Consistency with a coon looking down and the dog not necessarily deep but alone. Good 30 days to make a decision.

Old Post 07-26-2016 01:17 PM
Todd_Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd_Miller Click here to Send Todd_Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd_Miller Find more posts by Todd_Miller Add Todd_Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CAAN
UKC Forum Member

Clyde Little's Extreme Skipper dog out of Insane X and Kersley's Solid Gold.
I think Clyde made him gr.nt. in 10 hunts and hunted him in one big hunt Autumn oaks top 16 finish.

Shipper has Brains which was Joe Newlin's favorite saying many years ago as first ingredient needed in a coon dog.
Skipper also is accurate as any dog I ever hunted with.

Quick fast 55lb coon dog 140 barks a minute in cool weather unbeatable in his territory for Clyde has about a 1,000 acres only he can hunt Clyde does not hunt him in any more hunts but if you need a measuring stick to see how good your dog is come on down to Booneville Kentucky and I am sure Clyde would be glad to show him with anything you want to bring.
Pm Clyde I am sure he would be glad to show shipper in any conditions and I did spend about two years hunting with him and never beat him not once yes ever dog he ever beat I got rid of and no longer own .lol.

Last edited by CAAN on 07-27-2016 at 06:45 PM

Old Post 07-27-2016 06:33 PM
CAAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CAAN Click here to Send CAAN a Private Message Find more posts by CAAN Add CAAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CAAN
UKC Forum Member

Skipper will never skip a beat and Clyde does not even advertise him at stud any more very few front page every day will you see him.

Clyde breeds to a few selected females and if some one calls about Skipper he wants to know all about the females pedigree.

Old Post 07-28-2016 05:33 PM
CAAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CAAN Click here to Send CAAN a Private Message Find more posts by CAAN Add CAAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
one things for sure.

very true words

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 07-28-2016 06:16 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Val Nelson
UKC Forum Member

Top Hound

1972...Gr Nite Ch Indian Creek Sounder........1978 Gr Nite Ch Gr Ch Nelsons Flying Sally.. UKC WORLD HUNT 6 th place... Both of these dogs I train from puppies..... 2010 Gr Nite Ch Gr Ch Banjos Stylish Jed.......trained by Tom Jones.... This dog was not mine but was the greatest dog out of Spring Creek Rock was GR Nite Ch Minklers Kansas ROCK... 78 and 79 Walker day winner....

Old Post 07-30-2016 02:02 AM
Val Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Val Nelson Click here to Send Val Nelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Val Nelson Find more posts by Val Nelson Add Val Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Val Nelson
UKC Forum Member

Top Hound

1972...Gr Nite Ch Indian Creek Sounder........1978 Gr Nite Ch Gr Ch Nelsons Flying Sally.. UKC WORLD HUNT 6 th place... Both of these dogs I train from puppies..... 2010 Gr Nite Ch Gr Ch Banjos Stylish Jed.......trained by Tom Jones.... This dog was not mine but was the greatest dog out of Spring Creek Rock was GR Nite Ch Minklers Kansas ROCK... 78 and 79 Walker day winner....

Old Post 07-30-2016 02:03 AM
Val Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Val Nelson Click here to Send Val Nelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Val Nelson Find more posts by Val Nelson Add Val Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

never hunt with him.Pac man with 4 final 4 apperance.would like to go back and try1

Old Post 07-30-2016 02:47 PM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

I haven't seen 10 impressive dogs.The 2 best coon treeing cast winners I've seen were Backwater Sue and Backwater Homer.Both out of Bone and different nice females.My dad has a Bluetick English that is a top notch coon treer but likes to back to much to win very many cast.

Old Post 07-30-2016 07:14 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WiscCoonHunter
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with houses Mr. Clean at a sectional for UKC worlds and i can't imagine any dog being better or smarter.

I know every dog has their night, but man he was **** impressive, treeing and tracking coon that the other dogs couldnt even smell...

Old Post 06-03-2018 06:31 PM
WiscCoonHunter is online now Click Here to See the Profile for WiscCoonHunter Click here to Send WiscCoonHunter a Private Message Find more posts by WiscCoonHunter Add WiscCoonHunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Jones cedar hill Billbo

Hard hunting absolutely straight. Would tree with others on a coon but would NOT cover a slick or trash. Accurate as they came.

Old Post 06-03-2018 08:25 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Jones cedar hill Billbo

Hard hunting absolutely straight. Would tree with others on a coon but would NOT cover a slick or trash. Accurate as they came.

Old Post 06-03-2018 08:25 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Never seen one!! That impressed me like wow I got to have it.
My top 10 no particular order
1. Wch HOTSPOT (fast on both ends)
2. Flatrock topper (just like his daddy hotspot)
3. Parsley wipeout Jake (tree them hard to tree Kind)
4. Ruger (Logan ray owns the dog and he is my kind)
5. Full throttle meltdown ( get struck and had them animals)
6. Back water Homer (quick locater)
7. Dark side of the Moon ( tree any kind of coon) don't like his mouth.
8. 3sum (junky get struck slam em)
9. Major pain (accurate, big hunting dog)
10. I own insane x con!! Nothing special

Old Post 06-04-2018 12:48 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

I've never seen 5 I really liked.

Nocturnal Tipper
Xjr
Wipeout Suds
Skuna River Girl
Skippers Con Man
Traders Diggin up Bones
Trader
Stylish Bella

Those are probably the ones I've hunted with a lot and didn't want to kill......which is saying something

Old Post 06-04-2018 05:02 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

The ones I can think of are.

3 Sum
Action Jackson
Hotspot
Eli Stone
And I own Red Ruby Hardtime Dot. Only dog I've ever kept over 2 years.

Those are ones I hunted with and drew more than once I seen a little consistency out of.

Old Post 06-04-2018 12:58 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Mojo Mason? I was on a cast with him and Thousand Dollar Bill that Mason dominated but that was only one night. Anyone else hunt with him more?

Old Post 06-04-2018 01:36 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Williams
Mojo Mason? I was on a cast with him and Thousand Dollar Bill that Mason dominated but that was only one night. Anyone else hunt with him more?

Never hunted with mason but heard he could flat tree them coon. I forgot to mention Down and Jiggs. They were consistent. But I will promise if you see one winning consistently if you draw them enuff and hunt with them enuff you will see why. You will also see the dog come out in them and see them get in funks.

Old Post 06-04-2018 02:11 PM
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

COONDOG

Hunted with Get Ahead Lil Red she made treeing coon look effortless! All nite long!

Old Post 06-04-2018 06:35 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark nethery
UKC Forum Member

My top ten I have hunted with

1 turners flatwoods dasiey
2 Nethery treeing Sadie
3 jack Vaughn’s Rusty dog
4 bean blossom buck
5 bob bouriffs chopper dog
6 jim ridges Houdini dog
7 Tom Johnson Ol Ben dog
8 Nethery salt creek Archie
9 Hardwood Henry
10 Steve Robertson Ol Katie

This is my list no order just way I recalled them. Just Ol country coon hounds.one world champion Most walkers but few English red ticks.
And I love the dog I am hunting now GrNtch Stylish Hammer. He is Trick Magic and Tar hill Nitro bred. 👍👍

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

PR Git Ryght Ryta. (GrNtCh Kant Git Ryght x GrNtCh Magic Style Dolly )

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Old Post 06-04-2018 07:03 PM
mark nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark nethery Click here to Send mark nethery a Private Message Find more posts by mark nethery Add mark nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

Not taking anything away from all the dogs mentioned, but I will add one.

Awesome, the name pretty much sums him up.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 06-06-2018 01:59 AM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRILEY
UKC Forum Member

In no particular order here is the top 10 I can think of I’ve hunted with ...

1) Quinn’s Southern Blue Thunder
2) Southern Oaks Jets Blue Ghost
3) Jet 8
4) Mr Moe
5) Stylish Cloey
6) Wicked Vapor
7) Triple Creek Rat
8) Stylish Sable
9) Booger Holler Worm
10) Wipeout 3sum

A few more that come to mind I’ve hunted with that stick out in my mind ...

11) Briar Creek Missy
12) Hardwood Money
13) Wipeout Zeg

UKC Performance Sire
Ukc #1 Top Reproducers List
PKC Top 5 both spring and fall Super Stake Sire

NtCh PKC Silver Ch Southern Miss Heat
( Moe x Tree Slammin Trixie )
4th Place 2017 UKC World Hunt

Old Post 06-07-2018 02:35 AM
RRILEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRILEY Click here to Send RRILEY a Private Message Click Here to Email RRILEY Find more posts by RRILEY Add RRILEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote