UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog Hauler Cost
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JAH
Banned

Dog Hauler Cost

Does anybody know how those guys base their charges? I'm just wondering because I have a litter of puppies I'm in Virginia somebody in Fort Lauderdale Florida wants to buy one. And wants to know what it would cost to bring it to him. I have no idea how much to charge going that far that's almost two thousand miles round trip.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2019 03:18 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

The one I use is $250 for pups and small dogs $280 for large. Idk if he goes that route though.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 04-25-2019 03:23 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

That's what I was thinking to charge him somewhere around $250. Since I will be making a trip just to take him a puppy and no other reason to go there. I put in my add I'm willing to meet up to 300 miles I guess he didn't see that part

Old Post 04-25-2019 03:36 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

If you count your time its cheaper to get a hauler. I had a pup go from NE Ohio to Texas Oklahoma line. Cost $250 l think. Great lakes dog hauling. N

Old Post 04-25-2019 04:22 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JAH
That's what I was thinking to charge him somewhere around $250. Since I will be making a trip just to take him a puppy and no other reason to go there. I put in my add I'm willing to meet up to 300 miles I guess he didn't see that part

At 20 mpg and price per gallon averaging $2.75 it would cost you $275.00 just on gas...

At 1.5 hours per 100 miles traveled you are looking at 30 hours round trip...

Add wear and tear on vehicle which includes tire wear and depreciation due to higher mileage...and add oil change to that...

Haulers do it this way to make a profit...they pick up and drop off dogs on their route both ways...it usually takes them a while to pick up enough clients before making a trip...

Sometimes we have to shop around to find one that can make the trip...if you could sell more than one pup in the mid Florida area it will become more profitable for the hauler and your chance of finding a hauler improves...
Usually, it is the buyers responsibility in getting the pup home...and breeders that have experience in shipping usually will recommend a good hauler...I’ve used several and both were outstanding business folks who provided a great service...

Old Post 04-25-2019 04:47 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
At 20 mpg and price per gallon averaging $2.75 it would cost you $275.00 just on gas...

At 1.5 hours per 100 miles traveled you are looking at 30 hours round trip...

Add wear and tear on vehicle which includes tire wear and depreciation due to higher mileage...and add oil change to that...

Haulers do it this way to make a profit...they pick up and drop off dogs on their route both ways...it usually takes them a while to pick up enough clients before making a trip...

Sometimes we have to shop around to find one that can make the trip...if you could sell more than one pup in the mid Florida area it will become more profitable for the hauler and your chance of finding a hauler improves...
Usually, it is the buyers responsibility in getting the pup home...and breeders that have experience in shipping usually will recommend a good hauler...I’ve used several and both were outstanding business folks who provided a great service...

If he wants to buy one I would take it there myself. I don't trust just anybody with one of my dogs. That's just me and how I am. I can actually drive down there and back for $110 in gas. But I told him $300 because I figure if my time is worth something since it's only a 8 week old puppy I will use my wife's car and gets 55 miles to a gallon. That's a lot better than the 25 miles to the gallon my truck gets. I'm assuming he changed his mind because he hasn't replied to me. Plus I seen where he put up a post looking for a female black and tan in Florida. So apparently he missed two things in my ad that I will drive up to 300 miles and it every puppy was a male.

Old Post 04-25-2019 06:02 PM
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Had 1 hauled from Kansas to West Ky $275. Dog was picked up on monday at 8:30pm got to my house on following monday at 4:30 pm. Lot of miles before getting here so not figured on mileage. Don't know how many states she was in but several

Old Post 04-26-2019 12:23 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

i had one hauled from georgia to virginia $300. well worth it i've made the drive before makes for a long day and half the night. i used proline transport dont know if they are still in business or not.

Old Post 04-26-2019 02:32 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote