UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Silent on track
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Walleye10
UKC Forum Member

Silent on track

I've got a 14 month old pup that is really starting hunt hard. A month ago I couldn't get her to leave my side now shes getting out 700+. I wanna try to put her in a few comp. Hunts this summer. Shes very accurate and can work a track extremely fast. Only down fall is she doesn't open on track. I know this may sound stupid but has anyone ever corrected this. A friend of mine said he has by releasing a caged coon in front of his hound. And keeping it on the leash and only letting him move the track forward when he opens on track. Does this sound reasonable?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2019 04:25 AM
Walleye10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walleye10 Click here to Send Walleye10 a Private Message Click Here to Email Walleye10 Find more posts by Walleye10 Add Walleye10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

no

JUST KEEP HUNTING HER , SOME DOGS DON''T OPEN UNTIL THEY BEEN HUNTED FOR A WHILE, IF IT'S IN HER GENTIC MAKE-UP
TO OPEN SHE WILL..DON'T BE IN A HURRY TO TRY THE NIGHT HUNTS . SOMETIMES THE DOGS GET BAD EXPERIENCES IN THE NIGHT HUNTS WHICH COULD SET A YOUNG DOG BACK THAT IS DOING GREAT.

Old Post 04-21-2019 09:56 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

silent on track

Do ya wanna sell her? Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 04-23-2019 02:01 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Try hunting her on water

Old Post 04-24-2019 02:02 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Don't give up. I have one that was completely silent until she was 4 now she's full open.

Old Post 04-24-2019 02:18 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walleye10
UKC Forum Member

Re: silent on track

quote:
Originally posted by robgregory
Do ya wanna sell her? Rob Gregory

Sorry not for sale. The kids would kill me if I sold her.

Old Post 04-25-2019 01:05 AM
Walleye10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walleye10 Click here to Send Walleye10 a Private Message Click Here to Email Walleye10 Find more posts by Walleye10 Add Walleye10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote