UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > BRINER'S BLUE MIDNIGHT BLUETICKS
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

BRINER'S BLUE MIDNIGHT BLUETICKS OFFERS AT STUD

I am offering HARDWARE for stud services to the public. Hardware is the direct result of what I have been breeding and raising over the last several years. Harpeth River Blue Joe is the foundation I have tried to build from. I have owned, hunted , bred, raised and started hounds from this stock for over 25 years now. I have always mainly bred for myself so I would always have some young hounds around to start. I have in the past offered public stud services of Hardware's sire(NiteCh Blue Midnight Ambush). Hardware is a good solid Hound that is consistent at treeing coons. Hardware is a fast track dog, definite locate, turning over to a chop/ bawl on tree. Hardware will not be a Stud that lives the rest of his life in a stud pen, he will be hunted. If you are interested in breeding your fine female to Hardware give me a call at (618)-553-4754. If you want to come and hunt with Hardware give me a call so we can set up a time that works best for the both of us. Nothing to hide here, solid hound, built from a solid foundation. Thanks for your interest, Chris Briner.

HARDWARES PEDIGREE BELOW
-----------------------------DUAL GRAND HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE-(Rebel x Sadie Mae)
----------------------NITECH ECHO RIDGE BLU BULLET BOB
-----------------------------GRNT POUDRE RIVER KARI-(Hawk x Bell)
---------NITECH BLUEMIDNIGHT AMBUSH
-----------------------------DUAL GRAND HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE-(Rebel x Sadie Mae)
----------------------NITECH BRINER'S BLUE BRANDY
-----------------------------CEDAR GLADE BLUE BEBE-(Moody Creek Blue Jammer)

-----CH NITECH BLUE MIDNIGHT HARDWARE HTX

-----------------------------GRNT UCHTMANS BLUE B.A.-(Hawk x Bell)
----------------------PERSINGERS BILL
-----------------------------ZWILLINGS POW WOW PUD-(goes back Old Uchtman Bred)
----------HONEY CREEK RUNT RAT
-----------------------------GOLDENS BLUE BOY BANDIT-(goes back Old Uchtman Bred)
----------------------BOPUS CREEK LADY
-----------------------------NORTHERN BLUE DIAMOND-(Quail Creek Jet)(also goes back tripled up Jet IV)

CH NITE CH BLUE MIDNIGHT HARDWARE HTX - 2012 UKC PERFORMANCE SIRE AND 2012 PKC SUPER STAKE SIRE.
(STUD SERVICE BY PRIVATE TREATY)

There are a few replies below that were posted towards another "AD" I had on here it was named "Dual Grand PKC CH to be leased for breeding" I have since sold this female and have change this thread. Sorry for any confusion, Thanks Chris.

Most of the pictures throughout this thread are closely relatated to Hardware.

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-20-2012 at 10:45 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2011 01:28 AM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I have a pup from the last litter and she's a fine looking pup. Penny made Gr Nt at a young age and has done some winning since she was finished. She's from a litter of top hounds and reproducers. She would just stay in my pen if I was Chris. I understand him not wanting to raise pups when he already has young dogs to hunt.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 11-08-2011 04:12 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theo
UKC Forum Member

female

if only u were closer.im lookn for a smokey river bred female to breed too!!!!

Old Post 11-10-2011 02:00 AM
theo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theo Click here to Send theo a Private Message Click Here to Email theo Find more posts by theo Add theo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StanleyWagner
UKC Forum Member

Chris

If this the mother to my female I got from you she is good looking , loud ,smart, and going to be an every breath chop mouth tree dog.Thanks Stan.

Old Post 11-10-2011 03:06 AM
StanleyWagner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StanleyWagner Click here to Send StanleyWagner a Private Message Click Here to Email StanleyWagner Find more posts by StanleyWagner Add StanleyWagner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Yes, Stan. Penny is the mother of your female. I know several at the Fall Round up were impressed with her. I'm kind of surprise they didn't try to talk you out of her. Good luck and keep in touch.

Chris

Old Post 11-10-2011 03:32 AM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Sizemore
Banned

Penny

Great looking hound and a tree dog , 3 pictures mouth open, up on the wood close.

Old Post 11-10-2011 06:42 PM
Bill Sizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Sizemore Click here to Send Bill Sizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Sizemore Find more posts by Bill Sizemore Add Bill Sizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

SEASON STARTED TONIGHT

Tonight is the first night of season here in Illinois where I'm at.
I took Penny, Zeus and a 4 1/2 month old pup out of Penny and Harpeth River Blue Jack. Penny and Zeus split on the first and second turn out. Penny's first tree had a nest in it, she may have mised it, not sure. Zeus' first tree had several nest in it, he may have missed it, not sure.They were split 300 yards apart. Second turn out Penny got deep in a hurry, 800 yards from Zeus. Zeus treed in a big oak that I seen a coon in but could not find when I got in close. Went to Pennys second tree Big Oak had the meat, one of the biggest coons I have treed in a while. Next drop took just a couple minutes and Penny treed again, Zeus backed her, had the meat at least 2 coons in this tree. Got the pup to bark at the coon some when hit the ground. Next drop Penny looped back around the truck and treed a coon that we drove past. I seen it in the tree driving in, but was expecting to get a different one treed in the other direction. Coon hit the ground with plenty of fight in him. It was just Penny and the pup on this one. The pup started getting fired up on this coon. Coon got the pup by the ear and the pup drag that coon 10 yards before the coon let go. Thought it may have set the pup back, but he came back for more. I messed with the pup on this coon. laid a drag and hung it up. Yes he treed on it. He was around 120 BPM on the tree. This is was the first time this pup has ever been taken out hunting. He went nearly every step of the way, and ended up fighting a coon and treeing a drag hang up. I was happy. I headed home seen a road coon turn Zeus out by himself, treed it next to the road. Zeus started near the end of last season at 6 months old, so this is his real first season. I got a few pictures to share of tonights hunt. I would like to introduce BLUE MIDNIGHT BASH, the 4 1/2 month old pup out of Penny & Jack.

PENNY AND ZEUS

BLUE MIDNIGHT ZEUS

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-11-2011 at 10:14 PM

Old Post 11-11-2011 06:56 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Took Penny,Zeus and the pup Bash last night. Bright moon, I had kind of a bad feeling about going but I went anyway. First drop, Zeus treed Penny backed and I heard the pup barking in there too. All dogs were at the tree. The pup didn't seen all that interested in that tree when I got there. Penny and Zeus hammering, they thought they had it but I could not find it. So I sent them on. Penny got treed in at 900 yards in a hurry. Zeus backed her. The pup followed.I had heard the pup barking. Figured he was barking at creek. Drove closer and headed in. Penny had the meat. The pup was nowhere to be found. I left the coon. I was worried about the pup. got the dogs off tree and started looking for pup. Coyotes sounded like they were everywhere. I feared the pup may never be seen again. I looked and looked and had basically gave up for the night. I was walking back to the truck heard him bark in the woods behind me. I took off to him.he was glad to see me.and I was relieved. I just had a lighted collar on him.Tracking collar from now on. This is a lesson I learned long ago,but did not follow and almost paid for it last night. Another lesson learned.I will try it again tonight.

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-12-2011 at 05:16 PM

Old Post 11-12-2011 05:11 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Third night of Season.

Last night was very windy. I decided not to take any pups. I went northwest about an hour to pick up an old female I own. The mother to my Hardware dog and Harpeth River Blue Jack. We took a short hunt. Penny and Max's Indy II dog got struck and treed quick. They were in 300 yards but sounded like They were a mile with that wind. We got to the tree and they had the meat. I had gotten a call that my Hardware dog had gotten loose from his pen.So I head home to look for him. My friend Mike was already looking. With the wind blowing and knowing bow season is at its prime here I was worried. We figured he had gotten loose at about 3:30 PM. We found him at 11:00 PM inside a den tree treed and bloody. He had been fighting the coon. His nose was tore up. But it should heal up fine. He had been there along time and it was a tight fit in that den tree for him. We got lucky with all things considered to find him alive and well. Plus I said a little prayer for help. And I got it. I am thankful.

Old Post 11-13-2011 06:00 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Gave Penny the night off . Hunted Zeus with my brothers black female. It was still windy here. Had a tougher hunt, but managed to tree one before calling it a night.

Old Post 11-14-2011 05:13 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Took the night off. Had to transport a couple hounds. If the weathers fit I will go hunting tomorrow night.

Old Post 11-15-2011 02:59 AM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Sure have enjoyed reading your posts-regarding breeding of your female as well as your hunts. Best of luck with everything and here is hoping it is all good!

Old Post 11-15-2011 08:37 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

CW,

I believe the Indy II dog owned by Max Duniphan I hunted with is a grand pup to Jet 6. Max Still has Indy II's sire Indy. The Indy II dog is 1 win away from grandnight I believe Max told me. I'm not sure if the old Indy dog is titled or not. The Indy dog would be out of Jet 6, I believe. I can't remember if he said Jet 6 or 6 again.

Thank you for your interest in reading this post. I'm glad it is enjoyable reading to some. I'm thinking of putting together a series of true life short stories of my coonhunting adventures called Chris's Coonhunting Chronicles. It could make me rich and famous, you just never know. LOL.

Thanks Chris

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-15-2011 at 11:38 PM

Old Post 11-15-2011 11:25 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Took my 6 month old pup tonight by himself. Sonic made 3 trees. It is awesome to hear him locate a tree and turn it over. First tree had the meat. Second tree was a leaner, that went up into a vine mess. Did not see a coon,but it was a thick mess. Third tree was a den tree. He was starting to slow down some, so I decided to call it a night. I will try to get some pics of Sonic next time out.

I'm still interested in offers to lease Penny for breeding.
Thanks. Chris

Old Post 11-16-2011 05:01 AM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Rich and famous?

Chris-it just might at that. My advice for people who want to make a fortune with dogs has always been to start out with a large one because you will end up with a small one.LOL Good Luck especially with the pup!

Old Post 11-16-2011 12:30 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

7th night of season

Hunted Zeus with my brother's black female. First drop, seemed to have some trouble with the track. Zeus and the black female got split 150 yards from each other. Zeus had a den and so did the black female. 2nd drop, The dogs worked in to the creek, ran what sounded to me like a bad bad track. It took some time and 800 plus yards down the creek they treed. The black female treed first with Zeus backing quickly. They had the meat. There was at least 2 big coons in this tree. We led back to the truck and I called it a night. Brother went on hunting. I have to work tomorrow and he is off. It seemed to be a tough night here running coon. The following pictures are of Zeus on a den tree along a ditch tonight.

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-17-2011 at 05:26 AM

Old Post 11-17-2011 05:14 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

8th night of season

Took Penny and my pup called Sonic. Sonic is 6 1/2 months old. He is out of Harpeth River Blue Jack X Mcginnis' Thunder which is a Pounder and RC&Jenny bred female. He has treed coon on his own and with others since he was 4 months old. Screaming loud locate and turns it over to 120 plus a minute on the tree. It just sounds awesome out there in the bottoms. First drop,Penny blasted out like a rocket and with in seconds was 150 yards treed with the meat. Sonic was right there with her for a while, but moved over 20 yards from Penny and treed his own tree. Tree was big and still leafy, but could not find his coon, he may have missed it. Second drop,cut loose and again within seconds 100 plus yards in "BAM" treed again with the meat and both dogs there. Third drop, treed 300 yards in, both dogs there, they missed, I sent them on. Penny covered some ground fast, making a big loop looking for the coon. Penny treed 500 yards deeper, she had the meat. Sonic backed her. Can't hunt again until Sunday night,because of Deer Gun Season this weekend.Below is some pictures of tonight's hunt.
PENNY ON THE FIRST TREE OF THE NIGHT

PENNY ON THE LAST TREE OF THE NIGHT

SONIC ON THE LAST TREE OF THE NIGHT

SONIC TIED BACK ON THE 2ND TREE

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-18-2011 at 05:11 AM

Old Post 11-18-2011 04:55 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Season has been pretty good for me so far.

BASH, male pup out of Harpeth River Blue Jack X Penny, 4 1/2 months old, has shown excellent potential. He has stayed out hunting good with the other hounds and treed hard by himself on his first drag.

SONIC, is my 6 month old male pup out of Harpeth River Blue Jack X Mcginnis's Thunder which is a Pounder & RC x Jenny bred female. He has to me an awesome sreaming loud locate and 120 plus on the tree. He has treed several coon by himself and has ran and treed with the older dogs, he has also split treed.

ZEUS is my 17 month old young dog out of Harpeth River Blue Jack X Blue Midnight Starr. Zeus is heavy linebred on Harpeth River Blue Joe. He started when he was 6 months old. Treed his first coon 3rd night in the woods by himself. He has been doing it ever since. Split trees alot. He is very tight on track, which I hope I can get him opening more on track this season. He can be a hard headed sucker.

PENNY has not been hunted much in the last year, but I have been trying to get her in good hunting shape. She has been doing a great job. She makes very few mistakes. Here were I live she is lightning fast from tailgate to tree and is very accurate. Penny is all business when you load her in the truck and head to the woods. She covers ground fast while hunting. She doesn't need a track to tree a coon. She has put on some pretty good shows out here at night. Has been a pleasure to hunt this season so far.

HARDWARE my main male dog is being hunted and handled by a friend of mine right now. We are trying to pick up the last 2 nite hunt wins to grand him out. HARWARE has had 9 cast wins as a NiteCh this year. 6 in sanctioned events, 3 in a nonsanctioned money hunt the "SHOWDOWN". He just received his Show CH degree, entering in only 3 events. HARDWARE is a brother to Harpeth River Blue Jack. I raised both of them. I will have an AD in both Blue books this year on HARDWARE. I have considered breeding HARDWARE to PENNY, but I just really don't want to mess with raising any pups right now. I have several young dogs already needing my attention. These are a couple of the main reasons for making PENNY available to be leased out.

Its been a good year so far and good start to this years hide season. I really have been enjoying it.
Below is a couple pictures of HARDWARE:
2011 BBCHA ILLINOIS SECTIONAL KING OF THE HUNT

HARDWARE TREED

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-20-2011 at 04:42 AM

Old Post 11-18-2011 10:25 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

zeus

Chris I thick Zeus should head to NY about March 2012. keep pushing him. we have alot of that ugly white stuff on the ground. sure hate to see it this early in the season take care Dave

Old Post 11-19-2011 12:15 AM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Dave,

The little girl helped raise Zeus, she probably won't let him go anywhere permanently. I hope the snow holds off for you, so you can get some hunting in. Your always welcome to come here and hunt whenever you like. Shane and I may go to the Winter Classic and the Grand American Hunt this year. Are you going?

Take care, Chris

Old Post 11-20-2011 03:12 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

<<<<WE HAVE AN ACCEPTED OFFER>>>>

PENNY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR LEASING AN OFFER HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND ARRANGEMENTS ARE BEING MADE.

Thank you to everyone that has expressed interest in Penny. Goodluck with your studs, alot of good ones.

Thanks again,
Chris Briner

Old Post 11-20-2011 04:01 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

9TH NIGHT OF SEASON

GETTING READY TO HEAD OUT FOR A HUNT. 9TH NIGHT OF SEASON

Old Post 11-21-2011 12:26 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

9TH NIGHT OF SEASON

Just got in from hunting. We took my brothers black female"RAVEN", ZEUS, and my pup out of Penny&Jack,"BASH".
First drop, Zeus went 500 yards opposite of Raven, Bash was somewhere out there between them. Bash came back and checked in, but turn and headed right back in. Raven gets treed as Zeus is making his way back towards us. I thought he was backing Raven but was trying to tree 25 feet from her. I tied him back. Raven had the coon. I laid a drag for the pup and hung it up. He found it in short order and immediately started treeing on it. I left it hanging to pick up later on our way back through. We walked out 150 yards or so next to the field and cut all 3 loose again. They all took off in the same direction. A few minutes go by and the pup loops back behind us. It doesn't take long and he is treeing there back on the drag, hang up. Zeus goes back in and tree 10 feet from the pup, Raven is in this general direction but 80 yards away and trees. The pup is not tied back and is treeing good, holding all kinds of pressure with Zeus just treed 10 feet away, and Raven blowing the top out of her tree. I tie Zeus back. Raven has another coon. I knock the hang up out to the pup. We move to another place by truck. We cut them, Raven opens followed by Zeus, The pup went off in the opposite direction. Raven and Zeus tree, we get there they are split 10 yards apart. both trees go up and tie in together, this is a den tree. we cut back from there they get treed again but not sounding right, after looking we figured it slick. We let them know they missed and sent them on. They go another 200 yards and tree, Raven first with Zeus backing quickly. They have the meat. I lay a longer drag and hang up much higher. I cut BASH loose he finds it in no time and starts treeing, I let him tree for a while and push it out to him. I call it a night and head home. I am real please with how BASH is coming along. This was his third night out. He is becoming more and more intense on the coons. Watching these young dogs and pups progress really makes it enjoyable. Below is some pictures of tonights hunt.

BASH TIED BACK ON FIRST COON

ZEUS SPLIT ON THE DEN

ZEUS AND RAVEN ON THE LAST TREE OF THE NIGHT

BASH TREED ON THE LAST DRAG TONIGHT

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-21-2011 at 06:03 AM

Old Post 11-21-2011 05:59 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

10th night of season

Went hunting with my brother and his black female"RAVEN". I took Zeus. It was misting rain and light fog, getting heavier as the night went on. First drop, dogs work a wide area on a bad track, they tried to tree a couple times, but never locked down. They ended up moving it out of this area and travel 1 3/4 mile on in, before treeing on a large tree with a ladder stand in it. They had the meat. The Garmin saveD us a lot of walking. Zeus has been very tight on track, but has shown improvement on this each new time out. Second drop, Zeus opens on track first. Raven trees, Zeus is not convinced. We head in to her tree Zeus backs as we get there. Large locust tree, lots of big thorns. With the fog, rain, and size of tree it was hard to shine, couldn't find the coon, they may have missed. We burned up alot of time on the first drop and the rain and fog was getting heavier, we decided to call it a night and head home. Below is some pictures of tonights hunt.

ZEUS ON THE 1ST TREE OF THE NIGHT

ZEUS ON THE LAST TREE OF THE NIGHT

ZEUS AND RAVEN ON THE LOCUST TREE

Old Post 11-22-2011 05:34 AM
s. alumbaugh
New UKC Forum Member

11th night

it was raining and the wind was blowing so the fair weather hunter and his blue dogs stayed on the porch. yes the black bitch had to handle things on her own. she treed 4 coons, i shot 3 out and the 4th was a big den and i went home early because the rain was getting very heavy. chris i thought i would fill this night in for you HAHAHAHA..

Old Post 11-23-2011 04:20 AM
s. alumbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s. alumbaugh Click here to Send s. alumbaugh a Private Message Click Here to Email s. alumbaugh Find more posts by s. alumbaugh Add s. alumbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote