UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ehrlicia
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
OK, last question: Would you purchase a dog that has been diagnosed with Ehrlicia?

NO!!
It never really goes away.Just lays dormant.
You deal with them and the $$$ for Doxy the rest of their lives.Mine is 11 now,not sure how long he will live with it,plus Doxy prob isn't good on liver either.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2019 07:07 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cyoung
UKC Forum Member

E

I treated sue the same way jason explained up above matter a fact he is the one that told me how and she looks just as good as she ever has IV never had her back to the vet to check her out but she shows no signs of it and we treated her last year at this time u. She's 4 now and I can hunt her all night 7 days a week and she's same ol dog

Piney Creek Kennel
Pkc ch Grnitch Pr Hardtime Sue
(2018 St Jude 2nd over all hunt winner
High scoring grand nite Friday night
2018 Tennessee state hunt 2nd over all opposite sex winner high scoring grand night Friday night)
2020 Winter Classic overall winner.2nd Friday night 5th Saturday night.

Old Post 06-29-2019 10:01 PM
Cyoung is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cyoung Click here to Send Cyoung a Private Message Click Here to Email Cyoung Find more posts by Cyoung Add Cyoung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

You can get your dog back to performing at a high level, the trick is keeping one there and not relapsing repeatedly after hard hunting.

I check the lymph nodes on my dog every day when I feed him. I feel any inflammation and I have an anti biotic cocktail with anti inflammatory meds my vet made up for me that I pith him on for three days.

Mine was diagnosed and treated last June and we have had two relapses since. Started this current protocol in April and have had no relapses since. Not gonna push him in this heat either.

My .02 worth

Old Post 06-29-2019 10:48 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Thanks for all the replies. One thing seems obvious, not every dog is affected the same. Maybe has to do with how quickly it is diagnosed and treated. I'm in NW Arkansas and I think it is something we will deal with in a lot of our dogs. Mine was on Simparica every month and sprayed with permethrin every hunt and still got it. His symptoms were he left two trees after getting treed right and I knew something was wrong but he wasn't showing really any other symptoms.
tick disease transfer time from tick to dog can be as little 2 to 24 hours from time tick starts feeding on blood , if you are finding live or dead ticks that have attached and feed on blood on your dog you need to change up your tick preventive routine . simpairica tick kill time is not fast enough to provide the needed results required for tick born disease . no oral on the market has the kill time required , i have tried permethin products for years , have not found one that works well enough to keep from finding dead ticks on my hounds . i now use the seresto collar on my dogs.ln 3 years i have not found a dead tick or live flea on my hounds . the collar kills ticks before they attach and feed on blood , i think some of the of dogs that relapse are from unsound tick preventive and dogs being infected for a second time , i have had 1 hounds with tick disease , she made a full recovery with no ill effects, could be because it was caught early because i take both my hounds in the spring for a tick heart worm test ,

Last edited by thomasg on 07-01-2019 at 12:01 AM

Old Post 06-30-2019 11:47 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
You can get your dog back to performing at a high level, the trick is keeping one there and not relapsing repeatedly after hard hunting.

I check the lymph nodes on my dog every day when I feed him. I feel any inflammation and I have an anti biotic cocktail with anti inflammatory meds my vet made up for me that I pith him on for three days.

Mine was diagnosed and treated last June and we have had two relapses since. Started this current protocol in April and have had no relapses since. Not gonna push him in this heat either.

My .02 worth

i got buddy that has a outstanding bird dog , after 2 treatments of doxy dog was 50% the dog he was before lymes, looking for a cure he found a vet that was willing to give his dog a blood transfusion ,if you got a extra 4 grand laying around you can do what he did , he swears the results were outstanding and worth the cost .

Old Post 07-01-2019 03:15 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote