UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Is that the new trend ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Is that the new trend ?

They are having special breed hunts all over the place so the ( off ) breeds don’t have to compete against the walkers for the big prizes ?

Asking for a freind.

Tarbaby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:15 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Is this another one of those negative posts just designed to stir up trouble? Can't you get banned for that?

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:25 PM
Richard Lambert is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Is this another one of those negative posts just designed to stir up trouble? Can't you get banned for that?

Answer my question is all you got to do lol

I been banned before ain’t no biggie.

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:29 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

This has been going on since the dawn of the coonhound...and I thought you reveled in the "good ol' days". Maybe we could slap together a 3 hour hunt of grade dogs for ya.

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:31 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We always had sectionals we had several members that were big in the bluetick breed but all breeds were welcome they were not exclusive.

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:38 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
We always had sectionals we had several members that were big in the bluetick breed but all breeds were welcome they were not exclusive.

Tar

Nearly every "breed" days event (UKC inclusive) has a Thursday night hunt exclusive to that breed. It does a number of things but 1 is to ensure the winner is of that particular breed. Only most recent have I noticed the opposite trend, which is strictly done to increase the dwindling turnout.

When the old timers gathered at the club to sit around that table all day, right up until the casts were drawn, and the 2-3 hours after the casts arrived back, did they sit and complain and point out every little single thing that wasn't how "they" did it? If so, I bet that was a real blast and a huge surprise when the club shrank. But, let's blame the IPad.

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:46 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well could a dog gain points to qualify for a bigger event without competing against anouther breed ? Just asking because I don’t know.

Back in the day the whole family was there all day. It was their entertainment like a family reunion. Since the 80’s no matter who’s fault it was we ukc did not evolve fast enough. We lost the interest of the youth you ain’t going to drag them out of the air condition. In the snakes , briars, mosquitoes,and ticks to chase a dog a mile. The kids back in the day were entertained with day events the were exposed to coonhunting till they were old enough to hunt in the hunt then they got to judge they learned the rules the love of coonhunting has to be instilled early it’s not being done any more that’s why it’s dwindling there are no replacements for us old doggies.

Just my opinion

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 02:01 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Is that the new trend ?

quote:
They are having special breed hunts all over the place so the ( off ) breeds don’t have to compete against the walkers for the big prizes ?

Asking for a freind.

Tarbaby

Say it ain't so! You have to be kidding ... right? I don't think anybody has ever seen or mentioned anything like this before!

I think you should immediately report this to the UKC Police

You got to start sharing tarbaby, whatever it is gotta be sho nuff good!

You could even ice the cake by telling us about the rabbit .... shewwweee

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 06-25-2019 08:39 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

No Vic I don’t know and sombody that has anouther breed of dog asked me to ask. I didn’t know it was a secret !! Maybe the king and the red boys are being sneaky weekie is why he got hoytie toytie lol.

But never mind geez !!

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 08:48 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Na, to each is own in this wonderful free country, but this message forum (that is near about dead except for those racing to be a top poster) has become the complaint department who only care about how "it use to be when I...I...I..." as if how it use to be actually works anymore.

Old Post 06-25-2019 09:04 PM
yadkintar
Banned

So if we don’t know we can’t ask without offending someone? The ones easily offended are the only ones complain about what we talk about and all they ever do is :

Complain about our complaining when in reality we are really trying to fix complaints.

Just sayen

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 09:09 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
So if we don’t know we can’t ask without offending someone? The ones easily offended are the only ones complain about what we talk about and all they ever do is :

Complain about our complaining when in reality we are really trying to fix complaints.

Just sayen

Tar

It's never about offending anyone. That worn out excuse to say whatever you want doesn't work here, nor with 90% of real men. It's simple grownup discussion, kinda like a message board, or at least what it was at one time. This isn't the hangout for hipsters so the feelings are left at the door.

I responded because it was a really stupid question for someone who has been around as long as you claim. I guess I took the bait in the today's pot to be stirred.

But, I'll continue to bite. So, what are you fixing? Let's be specific to your original question. End any hunt that doesn't conform to how Mr. Tar feels it should be? Let's go back to them 3 hour hunts? Tell all the kids they're idiots for playing sports, attending church, or heaven forbid a little TV time instead of living in the woods and/or the clubhouse 24/7? And really it isn't just kids, it's anyone interested and willing to follow a hound. So if a smaller hunt among folks that spent a lifetime surrounding a particular breed brings them together, what the heck is the problem?

Just sayin'

Last edited by Adam Wingler on 06-25-2019 at 09:38 PM

Old Post 06-25-2019 09:36 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
It's never about offending anyone. That worn out excuse to say whatever you want doesn't work here, nor with 90% of real men. It's simple grownup discussion, kinda like a message board, or at least what it was at one time. This isn't the hangout for hipsters so the feelings are left at the door.

I responded because it was a really stupid question for someone who has been around as long as you claim. I guess I took the bait in the today's pot to be stirred.

But, I'll continue to bite. So, what are you fixing? Let's be specific to your original question. End any hunt that doesn't conform to how Mr. Tar feels it should be? Let's go back to them 3 hour hunts? Tell all the kids they're idiots for playing sports, attending church, or heaven forbid a little TV time instead of living in the woods and/or the clubhouse 24/7? And really it isn't just kids, it's anyone interested and willing to follow a hound. So if a smaller hunt among folks that spent a lifetime surrounding a
particular breed brings them together, what the heck is the problem?

Just sayin'

No Adam all I ever been around is either mixed or walker dog functions I really don’t know the sectional hunts are mixed I never been around a all one breed hunt but there has to be a reason they are becoming more popular and common.

How dat ?

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 10:14 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Really! I think we all can conclude that these breed hunts are to get those of a certain breed together and see how their digs compare to other dogs in the same breed. I think they are a great way to attract interest in the certain breeds and for those interested in a particular breed to see that breed perform. We have enough all breed hunts as it is, kudos for those holding certain breed only hunts. It can only benefit the hunts as a whole to have these types of hunts. Dave

Old Post 06-25-2019 10:55 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Really! I think we all can conclude that these breed hunts are to get those of a certain breed together and see how their digs compare to other dogs in the same breed. I think they are a great way to attract interest in the certain breeds and for those interested in a particular breed to see that breed perform. We have enough all breed hunts as it is, kudos for those holding certain breed only hunts. It can only benefit the hunts as a whole to have these types of hunts. Dave

Good answer !! An all walker Purina hunt would be a wonderfull hunt every couple months man Dave your a genious !!

Might be 300 walkers there !!

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2019 11:03 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Lol. About time you recognized talent. Lmao. Dave

Old Post 06-26-2019 02:56 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

Re: Is that the new trend ?

quote:

Asking for a freind.

Tarbaby

I thought walkers was one of the off breeds?

Old Post 06-26-2019 03:36 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

It has been this way as long as I can remember. All of the breeds have their "breed days" hunt. It is breed specific for one night, open to all the other two.

I been hunting the hunts since 1988 or so and as far as I remember it has been that way since then.

Old Post 06-26-2019 03:44 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
It has been this way as long as I can remember. All of the breeds have their "breed days" hunt. It is breed specific for one night, open to all the other two.

I been hunting the hunts since 1988 or so and as far as I remember it has been that way since then.

Rip drink you some warm buttermilk put on your jammies and your fuzzy socks it will come to you in a dream.

Here’s a hint : Purina

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2019 04:51 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Rip drink you some warm buttermilk put on your jammies and your fuzzy socks it will come to you in a dream.

Here’s a hint : Purina

Tar

I will admit I don't follow the Purina standings. I was speaking only of the breed hunts.

Old Post 06-26-2019 05:12 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

What cracks me up more is when they have a breed specific qualifier. If you can’t beat a Holstein at a qualifier you won’t beat them at the world hunt either. I guess some just like to say they went to the Zones and get that fancy piece of paper.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 06-26-2019 06:53 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Just bc the Walkers hav'nt won the Purina national under the new format, isn't a reason to hang your head.

Old Post 06-26-2019 10:17 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
What cracks me up more is when they have a breed specific qualifier. If you can’t beat a Holstein at a qualifier you won’t beat them at the world hunt either. I guess some just like to say they went to the Zones and get that fancy piece of paper.

X2
Breed only Rqe's {except Walker} makes no sense.
I guess it's Ukc's way to keep 1 breed from domination?

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 06-26-2019 02:07 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
X2

It is possible a breed of dog could make it to the nationals or world hunt without competing against anouther breed of dog.

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2019 02:57 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
X2

So exactly how many dogs qualify at each RQE? I only know of them allowing one breed specific RQE per year per breed at their breed hunt.

Now if they really wanted to make the odds even they would just allow X number from each breed to qualify, say the top 20 in each breed. That would keep a breed from having a 10000 to 1 advantage.

Old Post 06-26-2019 03:07 PM