UKC Forum Member
Registered: Aug 2003
Originally posted by coldtrail
Why not wait until they are weened then put them up for sale? Booking pups seems to be the "in" thing to do and acceptable but I'm not sure why.
Oakridge, I'm sure you are an upright honest feller but if you cant trust me why should I trust you? I've been burned too and have found if I dont look after myself no one else will.
Simple fact is, if you pick up the phone and talk to me about a pup, and during our conversation I get the sense that you are serious about a pup.....I will "suggest" to you that you could send a deposit. I might get four more calls that day wanting the same female pup.
I am "holding" that pup for you and I have turned away four folks that are just as interested in the pup as you are.....I never hear from you again. (trust me it happens every day). I wait two or three weeks, call you back, send you emails....all of which go unanswered. Now I have a pup that had your name on it.....I am trying to track you down to see if you still want it, and I have turned down four other offers on the pup. Next thing you know, the pup is 12 weeks old, and even though it was a pick o the litter, it's seen as a cull pup because its the only one left.....
I do this a bunch.....to me, the deposit is a kind of "insurance" that you are going to do what you say, and it will ensure that I do what I tell you!
Now I realize that you probably would never even dream of calling about a pup, and committing to buy one that you have no intentions of following up on....but I had six in the last three litters that I have offered for sale.
UKC Cur Advocate
Home of Oak Ridge Kennels
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged