UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Numbers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rockyford
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Numbers

how are the hunt numbers looking at the local club level? Increasing any with the incentive of the Tournament of Champions? Do the double headers seem to help as well with more entry’s?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-2020 04:55 PM
Rockyford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rockyford Click here to Send Rockyford a Private Message Click Here to Email Rockyford Find more posts by Rockyford Add Rockyford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Numbers way down

Our local club hit double digits every hunt except 1 last year. All double headers. The first hunt of the year this year only 2 dogs showed up in the early round. None at all in the late round. This could be due to alot of reasons but the 6" of snow and the fact it was 10 degrees was probably the biggest factors. The same two would have been there for the late round if that English dog would have came out of that brush pile quicker. That's the only hunt we've had around here, but it'll be interesting to see what happens. A couple clubs have hunts coming up. Wonder if the Winter Classic had any more dogs than past years?

Old Post 02-12-2020 04:11 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

14 early 7 late $35 double header mini slam. This is in an area with common low numbers there were guys that hadn’t hunted in a hunt for years. One hour hunts appeals to the older guys. They love the tree countdown and no leash lock it’s a perfect fit.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2020 01:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

You made several predictions last year, that the hunt numbers would increase by large numbers. We will soon see.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
14 early 7 late $35 double header mini slam. This is in an area with common low numbers there were guys that hadn’t hunted in a hunt for years. One hour hunts appeals to the older guys. They love the tree countdown and no leash lock it’s a perfect fit.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2020 01:46 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Lance

That’s double with what we usually draw. You had to get the old doggies off the bench to bring up numbers. Plus we like to cook fix them somthing to eat were they can come early and visit we were brought up going to a hunt visiting and playing dominoes all day.

We just ain’t bringing younger hunters in the sport fast enough to make up for the older ones we are loosing.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2020 01:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

Ive repeatedly read that the no leash lock, 3 minute trees and hour hunts would have the young guys flocking to the hunts. I guess we will see

Old Post 02-12-2020 01:58 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Laymon
Ive repeatedly read that the no leash lock, 3 minute trees and hour hunts would have the young guys flocking to the hunts. I guess we will see

I will try and say this tactfully. These rules and format for us replaced a kc that did not survive and left a void. Now we only have two kc’s and people are not as pulled as what to hunt in. I see young and old on fire for the new ukc tournament of champions.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2020 02:11 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"Flocking to the hunts" is all relative. If you used to have 4-5 dogs entered in your hunts and all of a sudden have 10- 12 then you have people "flocking to your hunts". You have more than doubled your entries.
And if the Winter Classic has the same number of entries as last year then they are doing Excellant since numbers have been decreasing each year. Sometimes just not continuing to go backwards is an improvement.

Old Post 02-12-2020 02:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

Time will tell

Old Post 02-12-2020 03:02 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

I know there is a double header about an hour and a half from the house on February 22nd. Myself and partner are going. This will be the first UKC hunt I've put a dog in since 2015, and the first UKC hunt my partner has ever gone to.

Old Post 02-12-2020 04:46 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Hillenbrand
UKC Forum Member

Hunt numbers

I hope some of the old timers try the new UKC. I do not see the cheaters and crybabies of yesteryear. Since coming back two years ago, I can honestly say that I have not had a bad cast. Last Friday night, the younger guys were asking me if the pace was OK and helping everybody up the creekbanks. I see this almost every hunt. Guys are complimentary of others dogs and it is like a buddy hunt every weekend. Lots of nights I think the hunters are enjoying the dogs and fellowship more than winning the cast. I hope you are all seeing this in your part of the country as well. (I am hunting Ohio and Indiana.)

Old Post 02-12-2020 06:48 PM
Ed Hillenbrand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Hillenbrand Click here to Send Ed Hillenbrand a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Hillenbrand Find more posts by Ed Hillenbrand Add Ed Hillenbrand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
natnicegg
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Numbers

Went to a hunt 2 weeks ago. 5 in the show and 4 in the hunt. The guys running the club seemed ok with that.

Old Post 02-13-2020 01:13 AM
natnicegg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natnicegg Click here to Send natnicegg a Private Message Click Here to Email natnicegg Find more posts by natnicegg Add natnicegg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote