UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeding
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Breeding

We are in the process of breeding are female to our male and they haven’t tied yet it’s been 2 days and he has yet to tie. He gets it but then she moves. So my question is anyone have any luck with slip breeding?

Last edited by Jessica knight on 10-07-2020 at 10:10 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-07-2020 10:07 PM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I don’t have any experience in slip breeding...but the male won’t have any luck unless she is posing for him...another way to say the same thing is...she needs to be flagging...

Old Post 10-07-2020 10:47 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

She is doing all the stuff she should and he is too but she is a little taller than him she moves to get in a better spot . This is also her first breeding.

Old Post 10-07-2020 10:50 PM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Short chain her collar to something so she can't move much. Vaseline or KY the area. One person to hold her still and one person to help guide him. Put a board down on the ground for him extra height. Breeding it not always a pretty process and just putting them in the same pen can be dangerous to both. Breeding should be supervised. Some females also may require a muzzle.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-07-2020 11:25 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

She is great about it all doesn’t get nippy or anything with him she just lets him do his thing, but he won’t do anything when we are in his kennel or out side the kennel I keep a dang good eye on them from in my house I can see them perfectly also I have been.

Old Post 10-07-2020 11:30 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

What day is she on

How many days ago did she start dripping? Might not be completely ready yet. Even if you think she should be.
Has she been bred before? First time is usually the hardest.
Has he bred anything before?
Push comes to shove, Call a vet and see what a live AI would cost. In most cases not much. Better to spend a little and get a litter than miss out on her cycle if you really want pups.

Old Post 10-08-2020 12:48 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If you leave them together and ignore them, the deed will get done. I have never seen a female with a male for her entire cycle and not end up pregnant.

Old Post 10-08-2020 01:02 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I pretty much let them be he is the only male I have had her around, and I am figuring I will leave her in her kennel tomorrow then possibly put them together the next day I guess what do you think?

Old Post 10-08-2020 01:21 AM
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Re: What day is she on

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
How many days ago did she start dripping? Might not be completely ready yet. Even if you think she should be.
Has she been bred before? First time is usually the hardest.
Has he bred anything before?
Push comes to shove, Call a vet and see what a live AI would cost. In most cases not much. Better to spend a little and get a litter than miss out on her cycle if you really want pups.

She is ready on time and everything she has never been bred. our boy has bred before he didn’t want anything to do with her until 2 days ago he actually started doing the deed lol.

Old Post 10-08-2020 01:23 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: What day is she on

quote:
Originally posted by Jessica knight
She is ready on time and everything she has never been bred. our boy has bred before he didn’t want anything to do with her until 2 days ago he actually started doing the deed lol.

Breed her now if she is ready you have a window of opportunity when the eggs are dropping and the life of sperm ejaculated during the breeding which can be a few hours to a few days. Males usually know when they are at the peak of her cycle but you can touch her beside her tail to see if she flags.
Just gonna have to give some assistance then it sounds like. We have never left dogs together unsupervised not a good idea for your males safety. These aren't your yard dogs it should be a more controlled process to avoid permanent injury to him. Get a board or something to give your male some extra height as I mentioned in an earlier post and give him some guidance and be ready to hold onto her if it's her first breeding. Many stand great until the male enters and knots up then afterwards they usually calm right down. If he hasn't been studded or cycled in a while you may want to breed again the next day or skip a day if her cycle allows.
Live AI by a vet is always an option as someone mentioned and is very reasonably priced.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 10-08-2020 at 01:53 AM

Old Post 10-08-2020 01:48 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: What day is she on

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Breed her now if she is ready you have a window of opportunity when the eggs are dropping and the life of sperm ejaculated during the breeding which can be a few hours to a few days. Males usually know when they are at the peak of her cycle but you can touch her beside her tail to see if she flags.
Just gonna have to give some assistance then it sounds like. We have never left dogs together unsupervised not a good idea for your males safety. These aren't your yard dogs it should be a more controlled process to avoid permanent injury to him. Get a board or something to give your male some extra height as I mentioned in an earlier post and give him some guidance and be ready to hold onto her if it's her first breeding. Many stand great until the male enters and knots up then afterwards they usually calm right down. If he hasn't been studded or cycled in a while you may want to breed again the next day or skip a day if her cycle allows.
Live AI by a vet is always an option as someone mentioned and is very reasonably priced.

I definitely agree I will try the board thing tomorrow and see how that goes but as I said before they are not completely alone I watch from afar as our male dog will not do anything when he sees us. But I will see how it goes tomorrow.

Old Post 10-08-2020 02:10 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: What day is she on

quote:
I definitely agree I will try the board thing tomorrow and see how that goes but as I said before they are not completely alone I watch from afar as our male dog will not do anything when he sees us. But I will see how it goes tomorrow.

Have you ever see a female flip out when the male gets knotted up? I doubt it because if you have you would know exactly why Redneck Mafia is suggesting close supervision.

Old Post 10-08-2020 04:25 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

How exactly do you do that when a male dog won’t do anything but stand there and look at you when you are in the kennel? Don’t get me wrong I completely understand and agree I am never too far away.

Old Post 10-08-2020 10:59 AM
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

If she’s not fighting at him put them together and forget about it. Years ago we raised lots of stock dogs and never had any problems doing it this way.

Old Post 10-08-2020 06:58 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

I have tried everything that I was told to try I also stayed in there with them and they still didn’t tie up I waited two hours after the first failed attempt and tried again same thing again. So I don’t know the issue but I am hoping we will get puppies. I have been told even though they are doing it and he is getting it done right just not tying they won’t have puppies. I don’t know if I should keep letting him try today or wait a day and let him rest and her and try again tomorrow or skip Friday and try again Saturday? Any advice will be listened too and I will try it.

Old Post 10-08-2020 08:10 PM
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

If she's not snapping---

I would say you're 3 to 4 days to early.

when she starts to ride him, you're 2 days early.

Old Post 10-08-2020 09:57 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I have tried everything that I was told to try I also stayed in there with them and they still didn’t tie up I waited two hours after the first failed attempt and tried again same thing again. So I don’t know the issue but I am hoping we will get puppies. I have been told even though they are doing it and he is getting it done right just not tying they won’t have puppies. I don’t know if I should keep letting him try today or wait a day and let him rest and her and try again tomorrow or skip Friday and try again Saturday? Any advice will be listened too and I will try it.

I have bred a lot of females from the outside, they Do Know have to knot up to get puppies, hold him and let him knot on the outside and she will be bred.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-08-2020 10:41 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Re: If she's not snapping---

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
I would say you're 3 to 4 days to early.

when she starts to ride him, you're 2 days early.

I didn’t think about that should I wait a day or two and try it again?

Old Post 10-08-2020 10:44 PM
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I have bred a lot of females from the outside, they Do Know have to knot up to get puppies, hold him and let him knot on the outside and she will be bred.

He has done that multiple times already he will hop off if I get anywhere near him .

Old Post 10-08-2020 10:46 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

When did the dog start bleeding.

Old Post 10-09-2020 12:04 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
When did the dog start bleeding.

I messaged you

Old Post 10-09-2020 12:11 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Usually the females bleed for eleven days on average...I don’t worry too much about that...and like already mentioned you can check the female to see if she is ready...I run my hand up along the inside of one of her rear legs and make contact with the side of the vagina...if she throws her rear up and moves her tail to one side she is ready...if not she is not ready...if vagina feels firm, another indicator she is not ready...

The thing about putting an inexperienced male in with her when she isn’t quite ready will only make the male very cautious about mounting her when she is ready on account of all the nipping and snarling from the female when she wasn’t ready...

Old Post 10-09-2020 01:25 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

If he won’t do anything when you are around either take her or him away for a few minutes and then bring them back together and that sometimes works to get the male more aggressive toward breeding.

Old Post 10-09-2020 04:09 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Sisley
UKC Forum Member

As Reuben said usually 11 days from the first spots of blood is when they are ready. If the male seems uninterested when you are in with them you can try leading the female away. Sometimes that will trigger the male into putting more effort into breeding. As someone else suggested you may have to take her to the vet for AI. If it seems like your window for breeding is closing it is something to think about. Good luck I hope you get the litter you want.

Old Post 10-09-2020 04:19 AM
John Sisley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Sisley Click here to Send John Sisley a Private Message Click Here to Email John Sisley Find more posts by John Sisley Add John Sisley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

9-13 days but best days are usually 9-11 from the first day of spotting. Much of the time they are completely done bleeding and are just swollen.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-09-2020 05:33 AM