UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Cold nose hounds
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bearhunter247
New UKC Forum Member

Cold nose hounds

What is the best bred hounds that are natural rig dogs and are usually cold nose. But will still run tree hard and catch bear consistently.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-01-2021 11:36 AM
bearhunter247 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter247 Click here to Send bearhunter247 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter247 Add bearhunter247 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toolman24
UKC Forum Member

Your going to get a lot of different opinions but unless you find someone that isn’t about the all and mighty dollar it’s going to be hard to find any one bred that still has natural cold nose dogs wether it’s white cloud, Sampson, weems, Cameron, swamp rooster, dollins, and I could keep name dropping breeds. Hopefully your able to find someone that hasn’t over bred their bloodline and you’ll find a lot of coldnose blood lines and natural bloodlines in every breed. Most of my dogs are dogs that have been crossed with blue, English, plotts, and walkers that were are coldest nose and best bear dogs over that last 30 years. I still hunt and buy puppies every year that are full bloodied with papers or without papers and I’ve had some good luck with swampland/ shamrock plots from one certain hunter but they aren’t extremely cold nose dogs but they have enough nose and some of the smartest dogs I’ve ever trained or hunted and they have enough grit to stay with a mean bear on the ground in eastern NC and any other state I’ve hunted. Good luck and this is just one person option.

Old Post 01-02-2021 03:54 AM
Toolman24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toolman24 Click here to Send Toolman24 a Private Message Click Here to Email Toolman24 Find more posts by Toolman24 Add Toolman24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

I have a litter of pups from two very cold nosed hounds. They will consistently RUN not just trail tracks that other dogs can’t or won’t work. I breed for myself and usually don’t sell pups, but she raised 11 and I can’t keep them all. They are coon hunted only. Would be happy to show mother and father almost any night. They are walkers and are bred very tight. In Tn 931-397-1519 $300 each

Old Post 01-05-2021 05:10 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cold nose hounds

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter247
What is the best bred hounds that are natural rig dogs and are usually cold nose. But will still run tree hard and catch bear consistently.

Mathis Lion Hounds

Old Post 01-05-2021 06:16 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote