UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Last nights hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Last nights hunt

Went hunting last night. Richard and I. We drove up to a corn field and turned loose two young dogs. The dogs went straight away from us and Richard walked over to a trail that went along the side of the field. I was about 40 feet away from standing next to the corn. All of a sudden he said (quite loud) BEAR), and started backing to the truck fast. He threw his arms in the air a shouted git. The bear turned back into the corn field. Richard said He really didn't know a lot about bears but that was a BIG ONE. The dogs started opening about the time the bear took off into the corn field and trailed the same way the bear went. Both of us said hope they aren't running the bear. We jumped into the truck and started toward the dogs. About that time they treed and when we got to the tree we got out and walked over to it. Was a Great big Red Oak, with a coon in it, no bear. The dogs had to cross the bear's tracks a few times guess they not interested in bear, which makes me happy. Lots of bear this year.
The bear came out of the corn field and started walking toward Richard and was about 50 ft. or less from him when he went back into the cornfield.

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-15-2019 06:10 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

Lol Did Richards pony tail stand up

Old Post 10-15-2019 11:30 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Two yrs ago, we were hunting in a corn field and it started to rain so I told my husband I'd go back for the Jeep and meet him on the other side of the field. After I Ieft, he said the dogs barked a few times and ran back to him looking back. They stopped behind him and a bear came out and walked within a few feet of him. He had his 22 rifle, but it wasn't loaded, he yelled at the bear and poked at it with the rifle, but it just stood there. He said it was close enough he could have touched it with the 22, it turned and walked away.
We've seen 5 in the last 2 wks while driving, one was in our yard on Saturday night and destroyed our pear tree and he had a sow and 2 cubs under him tonight while he was deer archery hunting. Hope they get thinned out a little in hunting season.

Old Post 10-16-2019 01:56 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote