UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Took BO to a UKC RQE last night in Louisiana. Told Beverly before Christmas that I wanted to do something I have never done before and that’s to hit the hunts hard this year. We kicked it off last night with our first hunt and Bo won the cast and was High Scoring Dog of the Hunt, winning the Plaque for First Place. We scored on 3 Coons seen under the Bright, Full, Super Snow Moon with no leaves on the trees. While the other dogs were not hunting and treeing slicks and possums, Bo was putting Coons up. Darren Willams, aka Sleepy, placed Second with Redstick Ann. She is Rose’es dam. He bred her to BO almost 3 years ago. Rose is in Illinois right now treeing Coon in the Snow. Her parents did her proud last night. Lot of hunts coming up the next few weeks and we gonna give them all a shot. Now that he’s Qualified for the World Hunt, I want to get 4 more wins and get Qualified for the Tournament of Champions which is a great thing UKC has done. BO is the dog tied out back behind the barn you always hear about. We fixing to Show Out.

Last edited by steve bankston on 02-10-2020 at 02:04 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-09-2020 04:09 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Took BO out for a round last night and he went 2 for 2 in 37 minutes. Feeder track on the first one and struck off the leash on the next one which was a hot, less than 200 yard track. We have had such warm wet weather the past two months the leaves are right at the bursting point of appearing on the trees. Another month and the easy to find Coon won’t be so easy to find anymore.

Old Post 02-12-2020 01:13 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Bo went 2 for 2 again the other night and 3 for 3 in less than two hours last night. Flooded Seamps and timber. Took ROO with him last night and she went every time I cut him and treed on the last tree which was a hot track. These two pups have the Giddy Up that most do not. 7 months old and taking to the swamps like old pros. Going to keep hunting them this spring and summer until I decide which one I will push this Fall. Might be the hardest decision I’ve had to make in a long time because I really like both of them that much. Congrats to all the ones that won at the Winter Classic and took the time to tell me Congrats on Bo’s Win and getting Qualified for the World Hunt. Kyle Bush Of Coon Hunters suits me just Fine. It’s what Fuels me and Bo, the dog tied out behind the barn.

Old Post 02-19-2020 06:54 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

All three

Took Bo and both pups tonight. When cut they left like shot out of a cannon and soon struck a hot track at 152 yards. Ran it over 200 more and hit the tree. Bo and ROXY were knocking the top out. Roo was there and treeing just not as hard as ROXY was. It was something to hear echoing up out of that swamp bottom. They had the Coon and I knocked it out to them. Only the second track and tree the pups have been in on and they have treed on both and got to pull some fur. Gonna make some fine ones and going to be fun watching them mature and get better all summer long.

Old Post 02-20-2020 04:24 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

2 for 2

Bobby Gates II came down for a hunt last night. We had two inches of rain all day and it’s a flooded mess in the woods. He had Tabby and I took my pup ROXY. I used to own Tabby. She’s off Bocephus and a sister to the Bam dog I used to have. Tabby is a year and a half old and has really made a nice hound. She went 2 for 2 last night and ROXY treed with her both times. Really proud of my 7 month old pup. She get a few treed by herself she will be well on her way.

Old Post 02-21-2020 01:09 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Snake Bit

Went to a BBCHA Sectional the other night and BO got Snake Bit with the temperature in the 30’s. It has been warm and rainy for quite a while and I have killed several cottonmouths so I knew they were out. But with the cold front coming in I didn’t think it could happen but it did. We were in Rattlesnake Country so we think that’s what got him or a Cottonmouth. Front Paw the size of a tennis ball. Needless to say we didn’t have any luck, he didn’t even make a tree. Garmin looked plum crazy the way he was moving and hunting, nothing normal. Venum had him screwed up bad. Giving him penicillin twice a day and Benadryl. He’s eating but it’s still swollen bad. Give him a cc of Dex too. Hopefully he will be better in a few days. Another hunt coming up Saturday night that I would like to hit. Pups looking good. ROXY worked a track last night 300 yards through a lot of water and located up a few times but didn’t stick. Tough track in tough conditions. Seven Month old pup doing a hell of a job and hunting out good to. Always on the move and knows that she’s got something to go find and do. Just putting it all together is fun to watch a smart pup do. Going to enjoy hunting her this spring and summer. Just ease her along and keep her progressing in the right direction then push her hard this fall and winter.

Old Post 02-24-2020 02:07 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Winner!!

Took Bo back down to Louisiana last night for a competition hunt. It’s been one week since he was snake bit on his right front paw. Was still limping a little but not to bad. He won his cast by being split near the end with the Coon. 75 yards from the other hounds that got circled up. They had scored on a Coon early in the hunt but Bo got them at the end. So far 3 hunts entered in 2020 and Bo had 2 wins and the other hunt he was Snake Bit. A first place at an RQE and last night second overall. Just missed winning the Light they were giving away to high scoring dog by 50 points. The dog tied outback behind the barn is on the loose and having fun. Another hunt next weekend. Be qualified for the Tournament of Champions soon.

Old Post 03-01-2020 01:32 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Winner

Congratulations on yours and Bo's win last night

Old Post 03-01-2020 05:34 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Thanks Mr Jack. I see old Smoke is doing a lot of winning for his new owner. I know your proud to see him getting hunted hard and pushed in the hunts and the success he’s having. Does us good to see something we started as a pup grow up to be as nice a hound as Smoke whether we still own them or not.

I had 3 females that were to be bred to Bo as soon as they came in heat but I have decided not to breed him and have contacted the owners and let them know. Pushing him in the hunts I don’t have time for breeding and don’t need him distracted and weak in the knees like females will do to a guy or hound. I am still breeding him to one that a friend of mine owns that I had as a pup and got lightly started. Tabby. That will be half brother sister cross doubling up on Bocephus. Rose has been sold to a good guy in Illinois. She will make a name for herself up there, just wait and see. My ROXY and Roo pups are still coming on strong. As good as the most demanding Hunter could hope for. Especially ROXY. She had the potential to be Outstanding. Bo’s wins and these pups have me super excited. Lots of plans and lots of traveling that I’m looking forward to.

Old Post 03-02-2020 12:28 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Congratulations Steve I’m keeping my eyes on you I couldn’t make it too the hunt and glad you did good !! You might need to go get bo pull so you can get those pups on the ground he is too good of a hound to be passing up top female!! He is a finished hound and you no how to hunt him to keep his mind together!!!! Long as h not breeding him once a week or get him a i he would be ok. Jmop !! I would love too have him over here!! Hopefully I would draw you next week 👍🏾

Old Post 03-02-2020 02:08 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Congratulations Steve I’m keeping my eyes on you I couldn’t make it too the hunt and glad you did good !! You might need to go get bo pull so you can get those pups on the ground he is too good of a hound to be passing up top female!! He is a finished hound and you no how to hunt him to keep his mind together!!!! Long as h not breeding him once a week or get him a i he would be ok. Jmop !! I would love too have him over here!! Hopefully I would draw you next week 👍🏾

Old Post 03-02-2020 02:08 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Thanks Sleepy and I will be looking forward to drawing out with you Saturday night in Franklinton. After my experience with Rose and the A I, I’m done with that. Natural or Nothing for me from now on. As for canceling the breedings, people do a lot of talking and yapping but you never know if they Serious or not. I don’t have time for the BS to be honest. So I just saved myself some headache of worrying if their gyp would need to be bred when I’m on the road far from home at a hunt. We doing a lot of traveling this year and I have it scheduled out and I don’t like changing plans. So the little dab of money ain’t worth the hassel and I’m not interested in breeding to any old gyp they want to back up to Bo. Just to put out a bunch of pups in an already flooded market. Ain’t my thing and never has been. Bobby Gates gonna breed Tabby but other than that I’m not breeding Bo to anything else until after the World Hunt. Two years from now when he slows down I will breed him to ROXY and get me a male pup. Hopefully I will be pushing her in the hunts by then. Hope to see you Saturday.

Old Post 03-02-2020 02:42 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Took Bo to a hunt last night in Louisiana. Not much to talk about. Had a dead cast and Bo got Snake Bit again. Going to be a tough year for my boy if he don’t start dodging the snakes. Next week temps will be 80 during the day and 60’s at night. Snakes gonna be bad this year for sure. Very mild to hardly no winter at all. We will try again on the 21st. ROXY still looking good. Working tracks real well and hitting the trees hard. Excited to see how she progresses over the summer. This Fall will be fun with her.

Old Post 03-08-2020 11:24 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY

Cayden came for spring break last week and we did a lot of fishing and hunted ROXY a few times. Looked at Coon every night we took her. Took Bo with her last night. First time he’s been out since the snake bite last Saturday night. They got deep and treed one up a viney pine tree. From 500 yards ROXY was treeing so hard I couldn’t hear Bo. She is the real deal. Hardest going and hardest tree dog I’ve ever had at 8 months old. Got the Giddy Up that so many are lacking these days. Hunts and trees like a three year old finished dog. Unbelievable and I’m a lucky man.

Old Post 03-17-2020 01:39 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Sounds great Steve!!

Old Post 03-17-2020 02:10 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redbone5
UKC Forum Member

Roxy

Sounds like a nice one for sure, good luck with her, I have a 4 1/2 mo. Old female out of Goose and Cotton that I think is going to be the real deal to, time will tell.

Old Post 03-17-2020 02:12 PM
redbone5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone5 Click here to Send redbone5 a Private Message Find more posts by redbone5 Add redbone5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY

Been hunting pretty regular and ROXY making it look easy for a 9 month old pup. Outstanding track dog that knows how to get hooked quick and accurate. Sure hope the wheels don’t fall off on down the road. She keeps me wanting to go a waiting on dark every night. Finally drying up some around here and the fishing has been pretty good. Garden looking great and tomatoes are blooming. Mississippi Governor issued a Shelter In Place today. Starts 5pm on Friday for the entire month. Don’t bother me any. My life rocks on normal as can be. I’ve been social distancing for Years and try to live life like God intended for people to live. Order most everything online that I need and it’s delivered to the door. Was hoping to go out to Oklahoma and to the Garden of the Gods in Illinois Coon Hunting with ROXY to give her an early taste of what coons are like in different states. But that won’t happen in April. Maybe it will all be over soon and they will put people back to work before they collapse this country to the point of no return.

Old Post 04-02-2020 01:39 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY and Rocket

ROXY worked a feeder track over 500 yards through Black Branch Swamp last night. Threw several huge locates then nothing. Watched her on the Garmin and she wasn’t moving an inch and no bark. I knew something was wrong so me and Cayden took out headed her way. We found her in a huge turkey pine that had blown over but hung between two other huge trees. She was twenty feet high and standing still shaking a little. I tried going up the tree to her but the bark was rotten and falling off and the tree was slick as snot and I almost fell out. Ended up coming out of the swamp a mile and Beverly brought us the heavy extension ladder and we went back into the swamp with it. Had to tote it a Quater Mile through the worst swamp you will find anywhere. ROXY had been up there two and a half hours by this time and hadn’t moved. She has tons of brains and knew she was in bad trouble if she fell. The ladder extended all of its 24 feet barely made it to where she was at. I climbed up and put a rope around her waste and tossed the other end to Beverly and Cayden. Grabbed ROXY by her collar and shoved her off the other side. After seeing that the rope would hold her I let go. She swung out upside down and they quickly lowered her to the ground. There was a big celebration when my feet touched the ground and ROXY jumped into my arms. God was with us last night. Happy Easter to All. He is Risen and Died for You. What will You do for Him with your time on Earth?

Old Post 04-12-2020 02:53 AM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

All things work for good to them that love the Lord. Happy Easter and Lord bless you

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 04-12-2020 01:58 PM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY

ROXY continues to gain experience and improve night after night. Treeing Coon and working tougher tracks. Just turned 10 Months Old. Very Good mouth on her that I love. Had a lot of Tornadoes starting with the record breaking Easter Tornado that did awful damage in Mississippi and killed a dozen people. The next Sunday another bad one came over the house then touched down east of here and stayed on the ground for miles and miles. Praying for all the ones that lost everything to these violent storms. Very sad. I will have a red headed Treeing Walker Pup in my Kennel by the end of June. They due May 7th and I’ve been on top of the list for months. Anxious to see what it’s like on The Other Side.

Last edited by steve bankston on 04-30-2020 at 01:42 AM

Old Post 04-30-2020 01:39 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY on a ROLL

ROXY continues to impress me and treeing Coon by herself most every night. Best thing is she leaves like she was shot out of a cannon and goes deep, looking to get treed. No messing around and no wallowing in a track all night. Treed one the other night for me and Cayden and when I hit the Squaller he started down. Slipped and lost his footing and out he came. ROXY hadn’t had one since February and was sure glad to see him. Only the fourth Coon she’s had and been treeing them since seven months old. Gonna stay on her steady through the summer and this Fall do some traveling and get her used to the road and the easy Coon of the Corn States.

Old Post 05-11-2020 03:33 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY

Took Bo with ROXY Monday night and cut them down Cypress Bottom. They were 400 yards deep in a flash and ROXY veered off to the right and started opening within 50 yards. Bo kept going and was soon over 700. ROXY was in a Beaver Pond but wasn’t long and she had him out of that and the track heated up. She came back around to the Slough and was rolling that Coon headed north, upstream. At 256 yards from me she hooked the tree with two screaming Bawl locates and blew the top out. I got to her and she was on a popular tree and the Coon was near the top. Took a video and a few pictures and loved her up for a job well done. I believe she must have winded that Coon from over 50 yards to turn hard right and not open until she was that far to the west of Bo. She has shown to have a good nose but I believe it’s even better than I thought. Bo was shut out on that one. If the wheels don’t fall off this fine gyp, we will give the PKC SS a Go next year and try to qualify her for the UKC World at a young age. She’s really got me excited.

Old Post 05-21-2020 03:18 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY

ROXY has treed a couple more Coon the past week that I’ve found. Bobby Gates11 and Jake came one night and we made 5 trees. Bo made 2 by himself and we looked at both Coon. He was three quarters of a mile split with one and their gyps had one too. Real good hunt for this time of year in the south. Haven’t hunted the past few nights cause I been on the Farm. I had leased 160 acres that join Black Branch Swamp a few months back. Got a 25 Year lease. When our great President sent everyone 1,200 bucks, I went to the sale barn and bought a real nice Jersey Nurse Cow with 3 Brangus Calves at her side. That was over a month ago. In that time I’ve had the pasture fertilized with 27 Tons and had the Hay Cutter cutting my hay yesterday. He will bale it tomorrow and get it put in the old hay barn. Hope to get two more cuttings if the rain comes often enough this summer. Been fishing a lot and caught some good ones last week including a 12 pound Flathead Spotted Cat. It’s a shame what’s going on in this country. The fear mongering with the virus didn’t work so now they bring back the scum that ran the streets before our great President was elected. I told Beverly last summer that this would happen this summer before the election. Use any excuse they want but I know what the real agenda is. This was all planned and organized. House Democrats have been out of office for two months. Them and the shadow government have been busy getting ready to roll this out in every city. When and if it makes it way out here, I will show the sheep how to put a stop to a scum bag mob, Quick. Unbelievable the destruction they letting them get away with. But it’s democrat ran cities, all part of the plan. Why do you think they let all those criminals out of prison when the virus hit? I said back then because it was the Democrats preparing their Army before the election. You think it’s bad now? It’s just getting started. Prepare yourselves before it gets worse. Going to take good men with a backbone to put this country back to where it needs to be and bring true justice back. Keep your Bible in one hand and a loaded gun in the other.

Old Post 05-31-2020 03:23 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rain

Had a big get together Saturday here on the River. About 35 people came out and enjoyed the boiled shrimp, fried catfish and smoked chicken over the cherry wood. Great time and enjoyed the fellowship. I have always got great pleasure watching folks enjoy themselves here and have a good time. Jenson Poole came by from Texas and made a hunt before Tropical Storm rolled in. Bobby Hates 11 was along to. We had a decent hunt, Treed a couple and got to show Jenson the heart of Black Branch Swamp. We didn’t get near the rain that the forecasters fear mongered everyone into believing we would get. I’m always grateful when they Wrong and my prayers are answered. Been swimming Bo some, keeping him in shape for the Zones. Plan on going to Indiana a week before and do some hunting before we drive on to Michigan for the Zones. Hoping the weather has cooled off a bit up there by then. Will be busy on the farm until then with a second hay cutting and over seeing a new hay barn and equipment shop I am having built. Lots going on. ROXY still looking good and putting those Coon up. Season opens July 1st and I will drop a couple to her and I’m sure that will only make her tree harder. By the time cool weather rolls around she should be pretty solid.

Old Post 06-08-2020 10:58 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

New Pup

Picked up our new pup Friday evening from Brendon and Brad Tony. Treeing Walker Male Pup out of their two hounds, Homer and Bad V. Homer places 12th in the PKC World Hunt as a two year old, 6th as a three year old and 2nd as a four year old. Was leading that hunt til right at the end and a gyp left a tree and he left with her. It was found out later she was in heat. Cost him the World Championship. He has proven to be a great reproducer and hangs his huge mouth on his pups. He has around 40 Grand won and is almost 10 years old and made the final 4 in Texas the other night. I named my pup, River Outlaw Josey Wales. Calling him Josey. Jenson Poole came for a hunt for a couple of nights and he got to see Bo and ROXY go. Took ROXY with his 3 year old gyp, which is Roxys Aunt, and ROXY got the strike and tree on her with the Coon seen on our last hunt. He seen that she’s the real deal. Had a guy call from Baton Rogue the other day wanting to buy her and I told him the same thing I’ve told half a dozen others, she ain’t for sale. Bo and Jenson’s male dog, Money, looked good together. They kin on the Bodacious side. Enjoyed him and Paula’s visit and look for them to make a trip back here in the near future. Weather has finally leveled out and it’s drying up. Beautiful sunny days and cool nights for June. Loving it. I have started swimming Bo every day. Building up those muscles and lung capacity. If we get lucky enough getting through the Zones, I don’t won’t him running out of gas cause I don’t hunt as hard as I wish I could. The swimming will have him as ready as the most conditioned hound there.

Last edited by steve bankston on 06-14-2020 at 04:25 PM

Old Post 06-14-2020 04:23 PM