UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

i did that to Harry. 5 times with no luck

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-09-2015 04:08 AM
Rich Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Allen Click here to Send Rich Allen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rich Allen Find more posts by Rich Allen Add Rich Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Rich, is the collar connecting? Do you have a double flash or is it a rapid continuous flash?

Rapid continuous means it's not connected. If it's not the antenna then it's probably internal.

Double flash, I would try to either connect it to another Alpha, or try to connect another T5 to your Alpha.

I'm going by Lewis Hunting Supply tomorrow and I'll check with him. If you can shoot me a text in the morning I'll try to call you while I'm there.

Old Post 09-09-2015 06:11 AM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlusPointsHound
UKC Forum Member

Back to the pointers. I have a astro and my running pointers are off.

Old Post 09-09-2015 07:58 PM
PlusPointsHound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlusPointsHound Click here to Send PlusPointsHound a Private Message Click Here to Email PlusPointsHound Find more posts by PlusPointsHound Add PlusPointsHound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlusPointsHound
UKC Forum Member

Back to the pointers. I have a astro and my running pointers are off.

Old Post 09-09-2015 07:58 PM
PlusPointsHound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlusPointsHound Click here to Send PlusPointsHound a Private Message Click Here to Email PlusPointsHound Find more posts by PlusPointsHound Add PlusPointsHound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Press Dog then MENU and you can turn the running pointers on and off from there.

Old Post 09-09-2015 08:10 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

it flashes 3 times fast

Old Post 09-10-2015 02:35 AM
Rich Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Allen Click here to Send Rich Allen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rich Allen Find more posts by Rich Allen Add Rich Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoky Mtn.
UKC Forum Member

I have kinda known of Bruce for years in the Coon Hunting World, but set down with him at Autumn Oaks this year for the first time. I also bought some hunting supplies from him. This is a good man with great customer service skills. Thanks Bruce for the time and the supplies. A Family Man... I like that!

865-898-7770
Breeding Treeing Walkers...
Over 25 Years!

Old Post 09-10-2015 02:52 AM
Smoky Mtn. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoky Mtn. Click here to Send Smoky Mtn. a Private Message Find more posts by Smoky Mtn. Add Smoky Mtn. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

dc 30

Is it ok to be charging your collar while it's turned on?

Old Post 09-10-2015 03:30 AM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Rich, I have no idea. Either two flashes or three is ok though. Some flash two and others three. I tinkered with my Alpha for two hours tonight trying to find a solution to your problem. I am, of course, no expert with them. If you only have three collars in your list, all three should show up on the compass page if you have "small numbers enabled". If your T5 is at the top of your "dog list" then it should show up with your "big numbers enabled". And in your menu on the compass page it should display "List Sync On".

Old Post 09-10-2015 04:11 AM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fox_91
UKC Forum Member

When I click on map to see where dogs are, it is zoomed so far out I can't tell anything, have to zoom it back down to earth to see where the dogs are. Am I missing a auto zoom feature somewhere or is just the way it is? Hasn't done this the whole life of the alpha either, just started noticing it last month or so

Old Post 09-12-2015 02:18 AM
fox_91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fox_91 Click here to Send fox_91 a Private Message Click Here to Email fox_91 Find more posts by fox_91 Add fox_91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Change your Zoom Dogs To Map. I think that's how it's worded. I don't have mine in front of me right no.

Old Post 09-12-2015 06:21 AM
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Change your Zoom Dogs To Map. I think that's how it's worded. I don't have mine in front of me right no.

Old Post 09-12-2015 06:21 AM
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Pretty sure it's Zoom Map To Dogs now that I think about it.

Old Post 09-12-2015 08:13 AM
ryeager
UKC Forum Member

Bought an alpha from conkeys and a pair of boots/chaps at oaks great people to deal with have used them hard in the last week love both items

Old Post 09-13-2015 12:18 PM
ryeager is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ryeager Click here to Send ryeager a Private Message Click Here to Email ryeager Find more posts by ryeager Add ryeager to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Mr conkey left my alpha handheld plugged in a few days charging now the screen where it shows your dog and the direction and yards is in black and white all the other ones are in color what is wrong - robert hitt

Old Post 09-13-2015 12:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

Thanks harry and Bruce for trying to help me out. I can't figure it out either. Got my list sync on. Only shows on small #'s. Got this collar on top. Will not show on Big #'s. What bothers me is i used to show it on big #'s. Oh well. small #'s it is for now. Thanks again

Old Post 09-13-2015 01:28 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Kind of hard explaining on here. I am a little lost and not sure what your wanting to do other tha see big numbers.

With list sync off you have a choice of small numbers or large numbers. Try turning that off and on and get the feel for it.

Select compass
select menu
Look ant menu and see what your have
if list sync is on you will not see small numbers or large number.
turn list sync off and then look again you have the option.

Now that is how you control the bottom of the dog screen.
Now go to training and set up the top of the screen. The key here is now many dogs you are running at a time. If one or two it is easier. If 5 or more then the list sync works better.

List sync sets up the bottom of the screen to match the training control on the top of the screen.

To get a better understanding of the training set up go to that from the home page and add and delete pages to see how your set that up.

Now if your confused call the store 9-5 and ask for Corey. Have your alpha with you and he can step you through it. Thing is you need to know look at the options and see what works best for you. Use to be some great videos on U Tube but I am not sure there are any detailed ones since LIST SYNC came out.

It is actually a little more complicated that explained above as there are two training mode setups and that only covered one of them and not the other.

I know you want large numbers so lets figure what training mode you want.(would help if I know how many dogs you were running).
Go SETUP from home page
select TRAINING
Select TRAINING BUTTONS
REMOVE all the training pages with the remove button
Now here is where you choose by the change mode at the bottom of the page. You can have the dogs information you want to train on top with a scroll left and right to other dogs or you can have several dogs at the top with the small numbers and here is where the list sync comes it as it matches the dogs at the top with the tracking dogs at the bottom.
You also with the change mode go from tone to vibrate. Just try that some and see how it changes things.
I know you don't want this mode but from the training page with the white cross you select a cross and place a dog from the dog list there then change mode.

Play with it some and then get back on here and tell me what you want it to look like.
I think the best is large numbers at the bottom. The dog training at the top matching the dog on the bottom so you scroll from dog to dog and both the training and tracking scrolls and stays the same.

Last edited by on 09-13-2015 at 02:37 PM

Old Post 09-13-2015 02:01 PM
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

i done exactly all that. my t-5 (non training) collar still wont show on big #'s on compass pg. i get all 3 on small #'s. idk

Old Post 09-13-2015 04:12 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Rich, I don't have a T5 here at the house to add and see whats going on. If you have time to mess with it today I would delete the other collars and then add the t 5 and set it up on big numbers. If it works ok then add one training collar and see what happens/

Old Post 09-13-2015 05:06 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Rich, I don't have a T5 here at the house to add and see whats going on. If you have time to mess with it today I would delete the other collars and then add the t 5 and set it up on big numbers. If it works ok then add one training collar and see what happens/

Old Post 09-13-2015 05:06 PM
btg
UKC Forum Member

DC50

My dc50 has been freezing up on the last two hunts I have been on.
Works fine, handle dog at the tree, recast and look down at my garmin and still shows him treed at previous tree. Never get a question mark. Catch the dog the light is still blinking. I turn it off then back on and goes back to working. Any Ideas? Also why is it doing this only when the dog trees?

Old Post 12-22-2015 12:29 AM
btg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btg Click here to Send btg a Private Message Click Here to Email btg Find more posts by btg Add btg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I would do a master reset on it and update it. You can google how to do both and get step by step instructions.

Old Post 12-22-2015 11:54 AM
canecutter
New UKC Forum Member

DC 30 ?

I have 2 DC 30`s I keep around for backup`s I turn them on about once a month if they haven't been used recently .I turned them both on outside 1 was working great as usual the other was only single blinking this collar showed a ? mark on the stat`s but still showed distance and arrow on the map page pointing always pointing at the collar as I walked around what yall think is up with this collar ?

Old Post 12-22-2015 04:11 PM
canecutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for canecutter Click here to Send canecutter a Private Message Find more posts by canecutter Add canecutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

If it was single blinking it did not have a connected GPS signal. The distance you saw was from the last time you had it on along with the arrow. In other words you were not tracking it. To prove that remove it and add back on. You will see no distance or arrow until it picks up which sometimes it does just for an instance.

I would update everything and remove and then add the collars back.

Old Post 12-22-2015 04:16 PM
pete215
UKC Forum Member

Map Question

I have an Astro 320 with Birdseye View on a chip over top of the topographical map. I really like Birdseye most of the time although there are times when I would like to see the topo lines more clearly. My hunting is in a hilly area where seeing the topography can be very helpful. Is there any way to change the color of the topo lines? They are presently a brown tone that does not show up clearly under the Birdseye.

Old Post 12-23-2015 06:46 PM
pete215 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pete215 Click here to Send pete215 a Private Message Click Here to Email pete215 Find more posts by pete215 Add pete215 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote