UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gray's Creek Kennel
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Nope, I didn't get a Elk this year but had a great hunt. It was even better than last years hunt, and I killed last year.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-06-2015 02:12 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/6/15

I had to work late Monday night, so I was unable to go hunting. Yesterday evening was out, because I had to do some electrical work for a friend. But Rhett took Hope for the first time. He turned her out with Case on our feeder on CC35. There wasn’t any coons on the feeder. Case had to go deep to hit a track. Hope went about 200 yards with him, then came back to the road. Rhett turned Clara out on the opposite side of the road, only to have her cross over and head to Case trailing. The track was bad, but they treed him in a huge Pin Oak after about 45 minutes. The next drop, Rhett turned Case and Hope out on the end of the Daniel’s Field Road. Lots of palmetto berries in the section, and the coons love them. This time Case struck close to the road and Hope started trailing with him. They didn’t go far before Case treed, and Hope backed him. Her switch had just turned on!!!!!. This is the first time she really got serious about treeing.

Old Post 10-07-2015 01:56 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Rhett took Case and Hope again last night, and turned out at the Steal Bridge. Hope was busy at the edge of the water, and never saw Case leave. He opened when he was close to 200 yards in. and Hope headed to him, barking all the way. This will sure have to stop. She caught up to him, but Case was working a cold track. They trailed it about another 400 yards before Case treed. We could hear hope treeing every now and then. We drove around to get closer, and Rhett headed to them. I was 350 yards from them and recorded the sound. I was trying to record Hope, but got an unbelievable sound track of Case treeing. Sounded beautiful. I did record Hope and will post it as soon as I figure out to. Rhett knocked this one out to Hope. All in all, she did really good.

Old Post 10-09-2015 02:36 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Claude’s Sadie gyp had 6 puppies in this litter. One died at about 3-4 weeks and one died at 6 weeks. Four puppies survived, and all four are looking really good. I got these pictures tonight. Harvard Brain owns the male pup and Claude, owns the gyp. Garrett Owns is hunting the male pup for Harvard, while he is dealing with some medical issues. Garrett turned a coon out for them two tonight. I don’t have the story, all I got was the pictures.

The day time photos and the video, are of Harvard pup. Dixie is the second one in the dark.

Old Post 10-09-2015 02:52 AM
everett
UKC Forum Member

Awesome guys

I sold case to Rhyet as a pup, I raised and trained the hot ticket gyp, she was a natural from the start, the first time I turned her losse she was 4 months old , the water was knee deep, the older dogs went hunting and to my surprise she hit the water behind them they struck a coon and in about 2 minutes she struck with them, went all the way and treed at 4 months old, when got to them she was having to swim around the tree the water was so deep, I made a mistake when I sold her, she made a nice dog and was deadly accurate, congrats on a fine hound and pups, I need to make trip back home to La. And take a hunt with case, May have plans in the future to take a female to him, you guys don't over look Case as a stud , If he's anything like his Dam he had all the tools to get it done right....Gerald

Blueticks of the Southern States

TEAM MAD DOG "Hunt Hard Hunt Offten"
IN REMEMBRANCE OF MAD DOG TIM VAUGHN

GRNITECH pr' MAD DOG ANTi UP JOKER co winner of the all blue world championship, Sire of 2014 UKC world hunt high scoring Bluetick male(Grnitech pr' Walz Coontree Joker)

GRNITECH pr' Mad Dog coon Poppin
Wacko (Shellly) 2014 BBOA Arkansas State Hunt Queen of Hunt High scoring Grntch.
2015 zone 7 championship Queen of hunt

Grnitech Grch pr' Mad Dog Hey Jude 2008 National Bluetick Days Queen of hunt, 2013 ACHA Little world hunt 5th place overall.

pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Rhino (Astro x Jude)

Pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Doll Baby ( Astro x Shelly)
Critter Light co. Owner/Dealer

Old Post 10-09-2015 03:07 AM
everett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for everett Click here to Send everett a Private Message Click Here to Email everett Find more posts by everett Add everett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I'm Rhett's dad. Thank you Rhett made a good choice. Case is a very nice dog. One of the his best traits, is he is trash free. He can really move a track, never bogs down, always moving ahead. And you should hear him locate, it's just beautiful. Crystal clear bawl. Three of them and he got the meat. I want to post the sound track from last night, but don't know how yet.

Old Post 10-09-2015 03:22 AM
everett
UKC Forum Member

Tommy

That's exactly the way his mother was, I'm going to pull my breeders list out of everyone I sold one of those pups to and make some calls and see how they turned out, tell Rhett helo for me...Gerald

GRNITECH pr' MAD DOG ANTi UP JOKER co winner of the all blue world championship, Sire of 2014 UKC world hunt high scoring Bluetick male(Grnitech pr' Walz Coontree Joker)

Wacko (Shellly) 2014 BBOA Arkansas State Hunt Queen of Hunt High scoring Grntch.

Grnitech Grch pr' Mad Dog Hey Jude 2008 National Bluetick Days Queen of hunt, 2013 ACHA Little world hunt 5th place overall.

Old Post 10-09-2015 03:59 AM
everett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for everett Click here to Send everett a Private Message Click Here to Email everett Find more posts by everett Add everett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10-12-15

Took Blueduck and Gus out for a hunt last night. The night didn’t go as planned. I put corn in our feeder last Wednesday, and it was plan to see that a coon had been there before we pulled up. This time I turned Blueduck out by himself to see if he could tree it alone. He sniffed around the feeder a bit, and finally took off running him. He located about 200 yards in on the opposite side of Wall Bayou, but never settled down and treed. I turned Gus out to give him some help. Gus took off on the trail and treed in the same area. Blueduck would come into and treed a little, but that was it. The next drop I turned Blueduck out alone again. He could hear Gus wining in the truck and didn’t what to go. So I turned Gus out again to help him along. Well Gus took off like a shot, DOG GONE IT, I turned him out with the dog lead still on his collar. After I ran Gus down to get the lead off, Blueduck struck something hot, but Gus never said a word. After about 50 yards Blueduck treed, so I was busting briers trying to get to him. Only to find him in an Armadillo hole. I guess it’s like a kid in school, it’s not all fun and games when you disrupt the class. I didn’t get on him too bad, but he learned what a good Crane Switch is for. I switched him till he left the hole and we called it a night. Hope for better luck tonight.

Old Post 10-13-2015 01:50 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/15/15 Blueducks fist coon, alone.

Old Post 10-19-2015 01:02 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/15/15 Blueducks fist coon, alone.

Thursday night, I took Blueduck again, after a few nights rest. Rhett had Case and Clara. Donald brought Emmie Lue. Emmie Lou is about 1.5 years old, female, off of Uchtman,s Jobe, and has only been hunted alone. The first drop, we turned all four out, off the powerline next to Wall’s Bayou. Clara struck hot track about 100 yards in, and Case, and Blueduck fall right in there with her. Emily Lou went off to the left alone. Clara, Case and Blueduck ran him about 100 yards and treed. Eimmie Lou beat us to the tree, and was treeing hard with them. Case was treed on an Iornwood , and Clara was treed 10 yards behind him on a small Elm. The tops were connected with a mat of vines. Blueduck would tree with Clara and then with Case Emmie Lou was between them treed. I had backed out away from the tree and found him up in the top of all them vines. We rode around to a feeder, could clearly see a coon had been there. Rhett asked if I want to turn Blueduck out by himself. Oh yea I do. It took him a minute to get the trail straighten out, and off he went. I follow behind to be close if he treed. Blueduck was headed north and started move the track fast. He turned to the right and hit some thick stuff. I couldn’t get through it, so I doubled back to go around. Blueduck treed!!!, and I hit the thicket head on. When I got to him, he was blowing the top out of a big Pin Oak. After tying him, I backed up to shine. He looked at me with both eyes. Rhett brought the rifle and knock it out to BlueDuck.

Old Post 10-19-2015 01:03 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/17/15

Rhett was deer hunting, so I took Case to Meadville for their Slam Event, Saturday Night. Case won the Bench Show, his second win as a Champion, and he was also high scoring dog with 450, his second win as a Nite Champion. It was a good hunt with some good fellows! The other two dogs drew minus points on the first drop, so I just played it safe the rest of the hunt. Robby Blackwell’s little Flirt gyp, is one SUPER nice coon dog. If she was faster to open on a track, I don’t think there’s a dog out there that can beat her.

Old Post 10-19-2015 06:09 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

First Coon

Congrats on the wins with Case and also Blueduck treeing his first coon alone. Nothing better than that and I know the feeling to hit those briar thickets head on when a young one trees. Never feel a thing until you get back home and notice your dripping blood on the house floor. lol! Keep them in the woods they sound like they are going to be good ones. Take Care.

Old Post 10-19-2015 08:43 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
everett
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

On the cast win, and on blueducks first coon.......Gerald

Old Post 10-20-2015 12:49 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Steve and Mr. Gerald. Couldn't go hunting tonight because we are babysitting our granddaughter,Laney, Rhett and Leanne,s baby. Well the wife could handle it by herself, but I want to be with my grand baby.

Old Post 10-20-2015 02:06 AM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BigContry
Thanks Steve and Mr. Gerald. Couldn't go hunting tonight because we are babysitting our granddaughter,Laney, Rhett and Leanne,s baby. Well the wife could handle it by herself, but I want to be with my grand baby.

You did the right thing Tommy!

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 10-20-2015 02:27 AM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/20/15

I know your right Eddy.

Last night I loaded up Gus and Blueduck to make a short hunt. On the way to Gumswamp, my Daddy call, said he shot a deer, and needed help. The dogs will have to wait in the truck till I get the deer out. I’m on my way. Daddy is 82 and still bow hunting out of a climber. Hope I can hunt out of a climber when I’m 82. The deer was hit a little back and after I jumped her at 9:30 pm, I marked the trail for Daddy to come back in the morning. I’ll have to try to go again tonight.

Old Post 10-21-2015 02:04 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

What do you mean when you're 82? You wish you could hunt like your dad now.

Old Post 10-21-2015 07:36 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

You are right. He is still tough.

Old Post 10-21-2015 09:29 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/22/15

Thursday night I loaded up Gus and Blueduck, along with Donald. He had Emmie Lou, and Miss Kitty. We turned out Emmie Lou, and Kitty on the end of the Onion Road. They made a round without striking anything. Loaded up and headed to the still bridge. This drop we cut Gus and Blueduck. Blueduck struck about 50 yards in and treed on a big Hackberry, before Gus said a word. Gus came into the tree and backed him. We found a half grown coon in the top. Blueduck wasn’t alone, but treed before the older dog. (second coon for him) I sure am liking this puppy!!!!
I took my digital camera this time. I just can't get it done with my phone. These look a lot better.

Old Post 10-25-2015 02:24 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

10/23/15

Last night I took Case to Ovett Ms. to their UKC event. A long ride from Prairieville, La. Case got his third win on the bench as a champion, and his third Nite Champion win with 225+. It was a tough night, and Case treed a kitten coon in a 6” tree right at the end of the hunt. Very dry conditions.

Old Post 10-25-2015 02:32 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on Cases wins.

Old Post 10-26-2015 04:22 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on Cases wins.

Old Post 10-26-2015 04:22 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

CASE

Congrats on the wins with Case!!

Old Post 10-27-2015 12:53 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, Steve. Also, I work with a fellow thats wanting a Bluetick puppy. I showed him the pictures of your pups. Told him you had 3 females left, so he needs to make up his mind. I'll contact you if he decides he wants one.

Old Post 10-27-2015 01:14 PM
Rtgayle
UKC Forum Member

We was going to take Case and Hope out tonight but with all the rain the woods are flooded guess we will have to wait till it goes down to make a hunt I really wanted to hunt case at least 3 nights this week

Old Post 10-28-2015 03:03 AM
Rtgayle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rtgayle Click here to Send Rtgayle a Private Message Click Here to Email Rtgayle Find more posts by Rtgayle Add Rtgayle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote