UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GRNT PKCCH PONCHO and NTCH PKCCH ZERO
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

GRNTCH PKCCH PONCHO and GRNTCH PKCCH ZERO

If I can help anyone's breeding plans Let me know and we can work something out.

I live where FL, AL, and Ga all touch... I can be in alabama in 10 minutes and in Ga in 10 Minutes, so It's not too far south...

PONCHO- DOB 01/07/2011
PONCHO is a 2015 SUPERSTAKE SIRE

I recently got the opportunity to own Poncho. Previous handler/owner was Johnny Yoder. Poncho's wins speak for themselves. PONCHO has over 2k won in PKC.

PONCHO can throw a three generation ALL-GRAND pedigree.

.......Grnitech B&Ds Mr Blue
....Grnitech B&D s blue Spike
.......Grnitech Ferris s Blue Kelly

GRNTCH PKCCH BARKER CREEKS BLUE PONCHO

.......Grnitech B&D s Blue Crook
....Grnitech Barker Creeks Blue Chica
.......Grnitech Johnsons So. Blue Kitt

ZERO- DOB 02/16/12
ZERO is a UKC Performance Sire

I trained and have handled ZERO myself in every hunt he's been in... He's a pretty consistent cast winner..... I have been hunting ZERO hard and he has 19 win slips to date.

ZERO can throw a 4 GENERATION ALL GRAND pedigree.

--------------------GRNT Echo II______________( High Scoring Bluetick at UKC World hunt 2001
----------------GRNT Double Springs Bodacious__(High Scoring Bluetick UKC world 2007)
--------------------GRNT Razor Ridge Pop a dot
----------GRNT Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus______(High Scoring Bluetick UKC World Hunt 2011)
--------------------GRNT-Rambo II
---------------GRNT Davis Salin Sadie__________(High Scoring Bluetick Female UKC World Hunt 2006 AND 2007)
--------------------GRNT Davis white river sugar__( High Scoring bluetick female UKC world hunt 1999)
--- GRNTCH PKCCH DELLWOOD BLUE ZERO
-------------------GRNT Rambo II
--------------GRNT Rambo III
-------------------GRNT Clear River Curlee
---------GRNT Hotr Layup Lucy________________(High Scoring Bluetick Female UKC World Hunt 2008)
-------------------GRNT Davis white river screech
-------------GRNT Rock Creek Fawn
-------------------GRNT Davis white river sugar____(High Scoring bluetick female UKC world hunt 1999)

Zero's wins for 2015
1/09/15- PKC $45
1/12/15- PKC $ 72
1/17/15- PKC $150 Truck hunt
1/22/15- PKC $54

2/06/15- UKC Nt Ch win #1
2/13/15- PKC $110
2/14/15- UKC Nt Ch win #2 (Black n tan sectional- high scoring dog)
2/20/15- UKC Nt. Ch win # 3
2/21/15- UKC Nt. Ch win #4 (RQE- Qualified for world)
2/26/15- PKC $72

3/05/15- PKC $54
3/14/15- UKC Nt. CH win #5

ZERO has won $670PKC money on the year, $520 counting toward the National Bluetick race make ZERO the current #1 leader as of 3/7/15 (could change quickly). ZERO is also # 2 out of all breeds in the Florida State race.

He can tree coons and win hunts and with his pedigree should be able to reproduce, But time will tell........

**********************ZERO ON LEFT (Yellow Collar), PONCHO ON RIGHT (Orange Collar)*****

**********************PONCHO**********************

***********************ZERO***********************

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Last edited by Casey Bigelow on 05-08-2015 at 06:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2015 08:22 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Could u post a video of zero treeing thanks Jason

Old Post 03-07-2015 09:14 PM
Jason Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Cooper Click here to Send Jason Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Cooper Find more posts by Jason Cooper Add Jason Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Last edited by Casey Bigelow on 09-10-2015 at 06:18 PM

Old Post 03-07-2015 10:01 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Nice tree dog

Old Post 03-07-2015 11:18 PM
Jason Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Cooper Click here to Send Jason Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Cooper Find more posts by Jason Cooper Add Jason Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

Wow you have some powerhouse studs there,gd luck with them.

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 03-08-2015 07:52 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Guys. I live in walker country, 95 % of the time I draw out w/ 3 walkers. I know I'm not going to breed 10 blue females a week. I am not out to make money on these dogs. I want the blue dog to be the one holding the win slip at the end of the night. I am out to win the world hunt. That starts with hunting a dog that can tree coons on a consistent basis. In an environment that is rough on a hound- traveling several hundred miles, hunting with strange dogs- night in and night out, hunting with the rough dogs.... I have never been satisfied with simply treeing a coon.
This board is full of mediocre blue dogs. That is not going to cut it. It's time to take it to the next level. I don't want to breed to ol' so n so sally, that treed a coon one time and further flood the market w/ mediocre pups. I have multiple gyps that are breed out of this world... I will not breed to them until they prove themselves.

It' nice to have the local guys bet on your blue dog in the Calcutta.... to have your dog known as the one that's going to be coming back in at the end of the night, to be called "the meat dog".

I have been coonhunting for 21 years. I have had every type of hound imaginable. I haven't raised a litter in over 12 years. I am going to cross Zero on the GRNT direct daughter of hillbilly that Jerry Shewmaker raised and trained... because I believe the cross will produce pups that will make the blue dog show up in the winners circle...

That is my 2 cents, which is probably worth about .01

If you have a bitch that can tree em night in and night out... Let's make some future winners!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what it gonna take. 1/2 of the genes/ talent comes from the momma.

I don't care if Zero and Poncho only breed a few females... but I want them to be top notch females and I want the pups to go to hard hunters!!!!!

Last edited by Casey Bigelow on 03-09-2015 at 01:19 AM

Old Post 03-09-2015 12:26 AM
Brad Farley
UKC Forum Member

Do you know of any young hounds that are ready to be pushed in hunts that are for sale 5806121981.

Old Post 03-09-2015 02:55 AM
Brad Farley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Farley Click here to Send Brad Farley a Private Message Click Here to Email Brad Farley Find more posts by Brad Farley Add Brad Farley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jared Lawrason
UKC Forum Member

Nice work Casey!

GRNITECH PKC CH Lawrason's Blue Elle(9/25/01-6/25/10)
GRNITECH PKC CH Owl Creek Barbara Jean(9/15/07-11/15/19)
GRNITECH CH Muddy Creek Spikes Crow(B&D's Spike x Barbara Jean)
GRNITECH GRCH Vining Nail(6/20/10-3/6/21)
NITECH CH Johnson's Blue Widdle (GRCH GRNITECH Hollycreeks Treetalkin Smokey x NITECH GRCH Holly Creeks Treeslammin Katie)
NITECH Code Blue Sue (Bocephus x Barbara Jean)

Old Post 03-09-2015 03:07 AM
Jared Lawrason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Lawrason Click here to Send Jared Lawrason a Private Message Click Here to Email Jared Lawrason Find more posts by Jared Lawrason Add Jared Lawrason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

good luck casey it looks like you got it going on down there. hope to see them in action one day.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 03-09-2015 03:12 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Congrats!

Congratulations to you Casey on your purchase of Poncho. You have a couple nice looking hounds that have proven they are consistent cast winners.

I wish you the best of luck with both of your hounds this competition season. It takes tremendous dedication to promote just one hound, let alone two! A lot of time & money will be invested, as well as a lot of sleep being lost To top it off, the general public is very unforgiving & will highlight any negative or losses before offering congrats on any positive or wins.

I'm just another nobody in a sea of nobodies, but in my opinion, you are approaching your endeavor with the right mindset. Keep on keep'in on!

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-09-2015 06:24 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Casey and Zero last weekend. From what I saw, it's no surprise that Zero can hold his own in any cast with any breed. Thanks for the hospitality Casey. You are putting a nice kennel together.

Old Post 03-10-2015 02:00 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

I'm curious about PONCHO'S Pups.. he has about 30 on the ground, according to Mr. Yoder. I seen a video of two of them the other day, a guy in Alabama has them ( don't know his name).... they were getting down on a tree..

Any one have any info as to his pups? Owners?

Mr. Farley- Chris Sterrett has a blue male w/ a blue eye- He's won a few hunts, but I know very very little about the dog. He wants $1200 for him 850-209-7906

Vic- My son is fixing to turn 16...so He's gonna run one of them. I'm glad he enjoys the sport. And yes, If you get too cocky thinking your dog is foolproof- take them hunting and they will prove you wrong, and always at the worst time possible. ( see below)

Anytime Jeff-enjoyed meeting you guys, ya'll will have to come back one day and do some more hunting off a boat. Zero treed that first coon right- quick, deep, and in a hurry... He also covered a lot of ground before he treed that opossum ... hahahah. He knows better, and that's about the 5th one he's ever treed and has treed about 600 coon- BUT that's part of it- none are perfect. He can get beat on any given night.........

Old Post 03-10-2015 05:20 AM
E Brundidge
UKC Forum Member

Nice

Hey Casey
How you been?

2 SHO NUFF good looking hounds you got there Casey.

Nice dog box they standing on in that boat too....lol

Old Post 03-10-2015 05:27 AM
E Brundidge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for E Brundidge Click here to Send E Brundidge a Private Message Click Here to Email E Brundidge Find more posts by E Brundidge Add E Brundidge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Been good... Yeah, I talked some ol' fella down to dirt cheap on that box... HAHAH- It's been a good one, thanks for the good deal. It's been about a year.... remember we were shooting the bull and I told you about the big headed pup, how , unless I was bad wrong, he was gonna be one to watch out for... that was ZERO.. We need to get together and cut em loose

Some have asked about leaving their female for a week or so if the need arises. I have a 14x38 concrete kennel,fully roofed and lighted w/ galvalume dog houses that have dividers , so they will have a safe place...

Last edited by Casey Bigelow on 03-10-2015 at 05:51 AM

Old Post 03-10-2015 05:36 AM
Q.Montague
UKC Forum Member

Casey and Poncho

I have one of Poncho's granddaughters here in Missouri. She is 6 months and beginning to start. She is beautiful and has a BIG MOUTH. Her daddy is out of Poncho and her mother was a littermate to Kitt. My friend and well-known Bluetick fancier John Rosson, has turned me on to this line of Blues and I am a believer. John raised Kitt and Queen my pups mother(littermate to Kitt)and claims Queen is as good of female as he's had. I know that's several in his 79 years. John stated that Poncho would be a fine hound to breed to. I have hunted Walkers for 25 years and I am excited to have these two Poncho bred females to start fresh with. I love these young dogs I have and I am Walker-free for now. Me and Rosson loaded up some feeders the other day and the snow is finally gone. I'm gonna hunt these bitches into coondogs and maybe breed one back to Poncho. I have found Casey very pleasant and courteous to talk to, and I think he knows what a coonhound should be. I'll post some pics as we progress. Sincerely, Quintin Montague

Old Post 03-13-2015 04:18 AM
Q.Montague is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Q.Montague Click here to Send Q.Montague a Private Message Click Here to Email Q.Montague Find more posts by Q.Montague Add Q.Montague to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ZERO and PONCHO

That's two great looking and well bred hounds you have Casey. Sounds like the kind it will take to win the world one day. Good luck with both of them in the future hunts and getting some great gyps bred to them. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 03-13-2015 07:26 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Casey Bigelow
Thanks Guys. I live in walker country, 95 % of the time I draw out w/ 3 walkers. I know I'm not going to breed 10 blue females a week. I am not out to make money on these dogs. I want the blue dog to be the one holding the win slip at the end of the night. I am out to win the world hunt. That starts with hunting a dog that can tree coons on a consistent basis. In an environment that is rough on a hound- traveling several hundred miles, hunting with strange dogs- night in and night out, hunting with the rough dogs.... I have never been satisfied with simply treeing a coon.
This board is full of mediocre blue dogs. That is not going to cut it. It's time to take it to the next level. I don't want to breed to ol' so n so sally, that treed a coon one time and further flood the market w/ mediocre pups. I have multiple gyps that are breed out of this world... I will not breed to them until they prove themselves.

It' nice to have the local guys bet on your blue dog in the Calcutta.... to have your dog known as the one that's going to be coming back in at the end of the night, to be called "the meat dog".

I have been coonhunting for 21 years. I have had every type of hound imaginable. I haven't raised a litter in over 12 years. I am going to cross Zero on the GRNT direct daughter of hillbilly that Jerry Shewmaker raised and trained... because I believe the cross will produce pups that will make the blue dog show up in the winners circle...

That is my 2 cents, which is probably worth about .01

If you have a bitch that can tree em night in and night out... Let's make some future winners!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what it gonna take. 1/2 of the genes/ talent comes from the momma.

I don't care if Zero and Poncho only breed a few females... but I want them to be top notch females and I want the pups to go to hard hunters!!!!!

This is the kind of attitude we need more of in the Bluetick breed, It's great to see someone this close to a 4 generation all Grand Bluetick pedigree. Congrats on your success and good luck in your adventures!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 03-14-2015 04:46 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words... but like Vic said about himself, I'm just a nobody in a sea of nobodies...I just have a plan in this thick head of mine.

Zero got his last win to make GRNT this past weekend..

A couple years ago, I started out on a mission- I wanted to find a pup w/ the right blood and train and hunt it from start to finish( 'PR' to GRNT), making a sire that could throw a 4 generation all grand pedigree. I found a yearling pup that was what I was looking for. Pretty quickly, I knew ZERO was something special. Of course, it was the past breeders that got zero the background he needed and they deserve the credit. I'm not sure if he is the first that can throw a 4 gen. all grand, but he's the first I've heard of...

I started a thread a year ago almost to the day about all grand blue dogs...
here is a link to the thread- I need to update it...

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928365619

And no, titles don't tree coons, but why not have a coondog with a title (quoting limbhanger)...

Earlier I made a long post about being selective about breeding.... That does not mean that your female has to be a GRNTCH... Some may have a super bitch that they only pleasure hunt, and want to raise a litter off of to keep the blood alive, or a beardog that gets the job done consistently... I'm sure there are untitled dogs out there that would make most of the advertised studs look like rookies..

I just don't personally believe that a cull can be turned into a brood bitch and expect to have any great success at raising top notch coon treers... The worst part about breeding a "brood female that won't hunt/won't tree" is that a couple of the pups are going to turn out n make nice dogs, then those good dogs are bred to another good dog and some of the pups turn out showing grandmas traits (won't hunt/won't tree)...

Nobody is going to breed to a male/stud that is a cull ( guess it would be a Brood stud- HAHA), so why would you use a brood bitch? As mentioned before, HALF of the genetics/traits/ability comes from the mother...

In my simple mind it all makes sense... Of course I could be totally wrong, but at least I'll have a coondog on the end of the leash to make me feel better

Last edited by Casey Bigelow on 03-17-2015 at 03:32 AM

Old Post 03-17-2015 03:19 AM
randy ar
UKC Forum Member

congrats

to CASEY AND ZERO. NOW YOU NEED TO GET BUSY AND MAKE THEM FEMALES GRAND NIGHTS. IVE TRYED TO FIND A BLUE THAT COULD REPODUCE A FOUR GEN ALL GRAND NEVER COULD. I THINK YOU HAVE THE FIRST. MAYBE YOU CAN HAVE THE FIRST FORE GEN ALL GRAND LITTER THERE IN THE SAME KENNEL. THAT WOULD BE REALY NICE. IM WISHING YOU THE BEST. KEEP IN TOUCH.

Old Post 03-17-2015 03:39 AM
randy ar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy ar Click here to Send randy ar a Private Message Find more posts by randy ar Add randy ar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ZERO

Congrats on finishing ZERO out! And to be able to produce a 4 gen. ALL GRAND, what an AWESOME accomplishment that is for you and all the other breeders and handlers in the background of his pedigree. This is huge for all us Blueticker's and I am proud for you and ZERO. Congrats again!!!

Old Post 03-17-2015 03:45 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueonblue
UKC Forum Member

congrats

Two awesome breed studs right there

Old Post 03-17-2015 03:57 AM
blueonblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueonblue Click here to Send blueonblue a Private Message Find more posts by blueonblue Add blueonblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueherron
UKC Forum Member

man they look a lot alike casey. congrats on takin over first place(for now :P). im sure hes a nice hound... u dont win many pkc hunts with the leaves off with a 50/50 dog.... i'm with you on the breeding part too... best of luck. i'm sure we will both enjoy the ride... btw keep the blue ones in the winner's circle!!!

Old Post 03-17-2015 08:01 AM
blueherron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueherron Click here to Send blueherron a Private Message Click Here to Email blueherron Find more posts by blueherron Add blueherron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogfan 21
UKC Forum Member

Congrats on finishing Zero!

Dual GR CB's Treein Blu Frog (Dual GR Patch x GrNiteCh Ch Sas) Co-Owned with Don Pylant

Dual CH Kate (Oppy x Appel's Gert)

CH CB's Tree'n Blue Sky (Dual GR Dutch x Sable Jane) (1st Place UKC) (PKC money won)

Old Post 03-17-2015 10:50 PM
hogfan 21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogfan 21 Click here to Send hogfan 21 a Private Message Click Here to Email hogfan 21 Find more posts by hogfan 21 Add hogfan 21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rufusblue
UKC Forum Member

Zero

Congratulations Casey you have two super nice hounds there good luck with both!!!

CoonHound Logistics
Wendell McCool

Old Post 03-18-2015 03:03 AM
rufusblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rufusblue Click here to Send rufusblue a Private Message Find more posts by rufusblue Add rufusblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Arnold- Yep, gotta get to work on the females... That's why I drove all the way to Arkansas to get that well bred female pup from you, she's a good hunting dog, just hasn't quite got it all put together yet (been on the back burner).

Mr. Bankston and Criag- Thanks- It's an accomplishment for the bluetick breed as a whole.. I plan on working with other folks in future crosses. I have no kennel blindness. I have my eye on a couple dogs.

Mr. Herron- Got the UKC part done, so plan on hitting the other kc's... Leaves on hurt me. The winning Zero does is usually due to finding his coon that he is alone on... I've heard of Ace treeing 3 or four singles and a double or two... must be a nice dog

Old Post 03-18-2015 06:58 PM