UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 1st strike-1st tree dog
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

1st strike-1st tree dog

After years of hunting you finally have that awesome dog that will strike ahead of and tree ahead of anything it's cut loose with.

So, knowing you have a premium dog, you take it to a hunt. True to form, your dog strikes 1st and trees 1st (outstanding). The other guys are hunting silent dogs. Being as they can't keep up, they split away and also tree, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (but split).

So, by having a 1st tree dog, you have an advantage, right? Well, no, We allow 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tree dogs just as many points as 1st tree dogs, if they split!

So, the 1st tree dog gets screwed on 1st tree points, because the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tree dogs can get just as many points (by splitting because they can't keep up).

You still have your 1st strike points, right? But the three guys (majority of cast) hunting silent dogs, have determined that your dog was babbling (it opened on track when theirs didn't). You are scratched for babbling (all open dogs are babblers in comparison to silent dogs).

Is this where we really want to go? Penalize the best, because we can't compete with them straight up?

I've seen this in beagles. No rabbit hunter is going to hunt field trial beagles. Are we going to do this with coonhunting?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-08-2019 06:03 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

These post are so ignorant If you look back in time and read the old Play by plays from the big events a Loner has and always will be dominant. If I’m hunting a 1st and 1st type dog I don’t care what everything else does. If you truly believe that these rule changes are going to create a line of silent mouth winners your dead wrong. Look at the other Kennel clubs that don’t have a silent mouth rule and look at what wins the big hunts. It’s the dogs that knock a hole in the dark and get coons treed regardless as to what everything else does around them. You Absolutely won’t see a change in the style of dog that wins the BIG EVENTS. Other than maybe they won’t be able to slip in behind you for 75 at the end of the tree time now. In your scenario you have you will be able to cut that coon treer back loose and get another one treed while going to those dogs so it wouldn’t matter if they minused you for babbling or not your still going to win. I highly doubt you will see any unnecessary minuses handed out though at least no more than you already do. These new rules will allow the BEST COON DOG to win more often than not. I hate to get covered and I hate for my dog to cover so if I get beat by a dog treeing there own coon you’ll see me loose with a smile on my face. All a pack dog is is a dog that doesn’t have the sense to get away and tree it’s own coon or it’s not a good enough track dog to do it alone. If they don’t strike that track at the same time they have no business treeing second. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see the whole tree time cut down to 30 seconds that would weed out the back packers and sorry track dogs all together.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 09-08-2019 09:17 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

The whining might as well stop. You people are thinking the worst before you even try it . It’s plain an simple to see that the rule changes doesn’t fit the style dog that you people are used to. You can teach an old dog new tricks. It’s the owner that’s set in his ways . If you can’t hang, stay on porch an well you know the rest.

Old Post 09-08-2019 01:57 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Donnie you are right, we don't know how many will just choose to stay on the porch. We will have to wait and see now. But when we do, it will be too late.

Dalton, if those dogs are winning the big events already, why did we need the rule changes? It sure does sound like you aren't satisfied with beating those type of dogs, you want to annihilate them and wipe them off the face of the earth because you simply don't like their style. And PKC has never assigned a dog points just so that they could minus them. Talk about overkill, we now will not only have a countdown but in addition tree will close after 3 minutes. And then to annihilate them we will assign more points and then minus those points. That is like knocking someone down, stomping on them and then shooting them.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-08-2019 at 02:52 PM

Old Post 09-08-2019 02:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: 1st strike-1st tree dog

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
After years of hunting you finally have that awesome dog that will strike ahead of and tree ahead of anything it's cut loose with.

So, knowing you have a premium dog, you take it to a hunt. True to form, your dog strikes 1st and trees 1st (outstanding). The other guys are hunting silent dogs. Being as they can't keep up, they split away and also tree, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (but split).

So, by having a 1st tree dog, you have an advantage, right? Well, no, We allow 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tree dogs just as many points as 1st tree dogs, if they split!

So, the 1st tree dog gets screwed on 1st tree points, because the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tree dogs can get just as many points (by splitting because they can't keep up).

You still have your 1st strike points, right? But the three guys (majority of cast) hunting silent dogs, have determined that your dog was babbling (it opened on track when theirs didn't). You are scratched for babbling (all open dogs are babblers in comparison to silent dogs).

Is this where we really want to go? Penalize the best, because we can't compete with them straight up?

I've seen this in beagles. No rabbit hunter is going to hunt field trial beagles. Are we going to do this with coonhunting?

I understand everyone has there own thoughts and opinions. But for the life of me I can’t get my head around dogs that are split are 2nd,3rd,4th tree dog. The idea is to tree coon and to tree as many as possible in the time allotted. I like to have good dog work and dogs coming into a treed dog after 3 min d@ng sure doesn’t need to be there.

Old Post 09-08-2019 04:40 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I would be satisfied with dog getting 25 minus instead of next available tree points. I totally believe if a dog comes in after tree is closed it quit what it was doing an came in to back. Have not heard one time from the guys that against all this admit that. It is flat out gaining undeserved points. If your dog is that slow on track I would be embarrassed to enter it in a hunt. Yes I pleasure hunt what I competition hunt. You are failing to realize that this is Competition.I don’t run the roads , have not a lot of money to do it for that matter. But I be **** if am gonna whine if I don’t have the dog power to compete .

Old Post 09-08-2019 04:56 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Is the goal to tree the most coons or do the best job of treeing coons? If the goal is simply to tree the most coons, why do we have minus points at all?
Who should win a.cast; Dog A that trees 3 coons and 2 slick trees or Dog B that trees 2 coons and 1 slick tree? Or Dog C that trees 1 coon and backs Dog A on 1 coon and Dog B on 1 coon but makes 0 slick trees?
Which is the "best" dog?
Why don't we just turn 4 dogs loose and after one trees we lead him off and turn him loose and go to the next one and so on. Then after 2 hrs, the dog that treed the most coons wins. All that a handler would have to do was tree his dog and find his coon and all a judge would have to do is count coons.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-08-2019 at 05:16 PM

Old Post 09-08-2019 04:59 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Good grief.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that none of yall complaining about the new rules have a dog that is going to be 1st and 1st on anything other than a bowl of kibbles and bits anyways. So stop it.

Old Post 09-08-2019 05:05 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

And if you have to make up fake one in a million scenarios in your head as to how someone might be able to cheat you.........go home after the bench show, because you do not have the temperament to be in a cast.

Old Post 09-08-2019 05:10 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Why don't we just turn 4 dogs loose and after one trees we lead him off and turn him loose and go to the next one and so on. Then after 2 hrs, the dog that treed the most coons wins. All that a handler would have to do was tree his dog and find his coon and all a judge would have to do is count coons.

Mr Lambert, you just came up with the perfect hunt!
Just TREE THE MOST COON....it's that simple. You are a genius!!
I'm assuming you don't give "bark" points and the only thing that counts is 1st tree with a coon. Sounds like you're getting back to how the comp hunts all started. Coondog against coondog and let the best coondog win. No twisting the rules. No advantage to a barker or a me too dog.
The best part is....."Then after 2 hrs, the dog that treed the most coons wins."

When, where and what's the entry fee??

402-209-5053

Old Post 09-08-2019 07:03 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by G.W. Harring
Mr Lambert, you just came up with the perfect hunt!
Just TREE THE MOST COON....it's that simple. You are a genius!!
I'm assuming you don't give "bark" points and the only thing that counts is 1st tree with a coon. Sounds like you're getting back to how the comp hunts all started. Coondog against coondog and let the best coondog win. No twisting the rules. No advantage to a barker or a me too dog.
The best part is....."Then after 2 hrs, the dog that treed the most coons wins."

When, where and what's the entry fee??

Coons scored with a 22 where do I pay entry fee.

Tar

Old Post 09-08-2019 07:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Surely, Mr. Lambert would go for that, even in Where the Red Fern Grows they had to get the coon for it to count. Scoring with a 22 would be the ideal way, but that will never happen on a large scale. This could only happen on a small scale in an area with no limit and men with the dog power to back up their entry fee. I always wanted to hunt in a hunt like that..............never had the opportunity. Dave

Old Post 09-08-2019 10:56 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Coons scored with a 22 where do I pay entry fee.

Tar

Better yet use the 22 to scratch the dogs. First offense of any kind slap em around next offense beat the hair off em 3rd offense remove their collar. No withdrawing to avoid it. Then what dogs are left at the end should be just what you guys want. Using the new rules how many of you all want to sign up? I'll bring the 22.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 09-09-2019 at 08:49 PM

Old Post 09-09-2019 08:45 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

New hunt rules-Just tree the most coons.

You know I had my first experience of judging and guiding a cur hunt at our recent youth hunt. And these cur folks were explaining how their rules work. You see cur dogs are not responsible for strike points. The only time they can be scored is when they get treed. I see now with these new UKC proposals, are very similar to what the cur folks are already hunting under. The only exception is that currently hounds are still receive strike points and are still responsible for them, even if strike points will now be administered at the discretion of 50% of the cast but I have read many proposals asking to have all strike points eliminated, or make them all the same. The hound organization that I once so dearly appreciated has now deserted my philosophy of what traits are required to separate hounds from curs. Now they are nearly one in the same, and when you finally get around to eliminating the strike points, there will be NO difference in the traits of a hound vs a Cur.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:01 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Better yet use the 22 to scratch the dogs. First offense of any kind slap em around next offense beat the hair off em 3rd offense remove their collar. No withdrawing to avoid it. Then what dogs are left at the end should be just what you guys want. Using the new rules how many of you all want to sign up? I'll bring the 22.

I made 3 drops last night and never looked at eyes not me boy lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

The only thing I can do is laugh at these ridiculous comments. The ones that have the issues with the new rules are the ones packing around barkers that also cover all night. And no I don't believe a dog should be culled because it will back. I think they have a purpose but competition hunting ain't 1. No a dog that trees its own coon should still get the same points if he's split treed. If you think otherwise you need to rethink it again.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:24 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
I would be satisfied with dog getting 25 minus instead of next available tree points. I totally believe if a dog comes in after tree is closed it quit what it was doing an came in to back. Have not heard one time from the guys that against all this admit that. It is flat out gaining undeserved points. If your dog is that slow on track I would be embarrassed to enter it in a hunt. Yes I pleasure hunt what I competition hunt. You are failing to realize that this is Competition.I don’t run the roads , have not a lot of money to do it for that matter. But I be **** if am gonna whine if I don’t have the dog power to compete .

I wish they had a closed track after 3 minute's, as I have seen real coondog's who have first strike, and work an old feed track up, just to have a me too dog join in after the track get's better. JMO

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:28 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Is the goal to tree the most coons or do the best job of treeing coons? If the goal is simply to tree the most coons, why do we have minus points at all?
Who should win a.cast; Dog A that trees 3 coons and 2 slick trees or Dog B that trees 2 coons and 1 slick tree? Or Dog C that trees 1 coon and backs Dog A on 1 coon and Dog B on 1 coon but makes 0 slick trees?
Which is the "best" dog?

Hahahaha. You know you ain’t gonna get these boys to have a coon treeing contest. Hunts today are glorified beauty contests! Has nothing to do with treeing coons and everything to do with whatever style hound each KC has glorified in their respective group. UKC has just mad rule changes to make their winners more like the other winners because for whatever reason, that’s what people wanted and that’s better for business. Competition hunts have not been a coon treeing contest in a long time. Since about the second men became involved! It immediately became a race to see who could twist, spin, work, get changed, modify, lengthen, shorten, and make up rules that gave their desired style or type of dog the benefit or advantage to win. It’s why competition coon hunters and fishermen are the minority in their own sports. It’s why the honest men I know that worked their way into being presidents of their coon clubs and fishing clubs also will have nothing to do with either anymore. To much politics and not enough coons treed. Another year and another rule change and another argument because one group is in control and has the say and another group wants to be in charge and have the power. All the while, rules keep changing and people are quitting the hunts and hunting all together. I see no change whatsoever, competition coon hunts will be a thing of the past in short order if you don’t start bringing back the group that founded you in the first place. Hide hunters started you and will be who saves you if it happens. KC’s keep trying to cater to millinials, or younger hunters. Their isn’t enough young coonhunters to make up a cast in 3 counties here. I know 25 men I could call tonight and they would be at a coon treeing contest this weekend if the rules were tree coons and win. Can’t be cheated that way or say you were cheated and a man can talk all he wants to about how your dog is a backpacker or junk or can’t trail or is silent or a babbler. But them two eyes are what makes a coon dog regardless of how he gets under them or how many barks he makes a minute! The farther we get from that the farther we get from coon dogs. Ask the Rabbit hunters and better yet, a bird hunter that hunt wild birds on foot not pen birds off a horse or buggy! Or a close friend that’s won every type squirrel championship that I know of. He has a competition squirrel dog and a squirrel dog he hunts when he’s trying to tree a bunch for people to actually see and shoot without covering 10 miles.

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:38 PM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost14
Hahahaha. You know you ain’t gonna get these boys to have a coon treeing contest. Hunts today are glorified beauty contests! Has nothing to do with treeing coons and everything to do with whatever style hound each KC has glorified in their respective group. UKC has just mad rule changes to make their winners more like the other winners because for whatever reason, that’s what people wanted and that’s better for business. Competition hunts have not been a coon treeing contest in a long time. Since about the second men became involved! It immediately became a race to see who could twist, spin, work, get changed, modify, lengthen, shorten, and make up rules that gave their desired style or type of dog the benefit or advantage to win. It’s why competition coon hunters and fishermen are the minority in their own sports. It’s why the honest men I know that worked their way into being presidents of their coon clubs and fishing clubs also will have nothing to do with either anymore. To much politics and not enough coons treed. Another year and another rule change and another argument because one group is in control and has the say and another group wants to be in charge and have the power. All the while, rules keep changing and people are quitting the hunts and hunting all together. I see no change whatsoever, competition coon hunts will be a thing of the past in short order if you don’t start bringing back the group that founded you in the first place. Hide hunters started you and will be who saves you if it happens. KC’s keep trying to cater to millinials, or younger hunters. Their isn’t enough young coonhunters to make up a cast in 3 counties here. I know 25 men I could call tonight and they would be at a coon treeing contest this weekend if the rules were tree coons and win. Can’t be cheated that way or say you were cheated and a man can talk all he wants to about how your dog is a backpacker or junk or can’t trail or is silent or a babbler. But them two eyes are what makes a coon dog regardless of how he gets under them or how many barks he makes a minute! The farther we get from that the farther we get from coon dogs. Ask the Rabbit hunters and better yet, a bird hunter that hunt wild birds on foot not pen birds off a horse or buggy! Or a close friend that’s won every type squirrel championship that I know of. He has a competition squirrel dog and a squirrel dog he hunts when he’s trying to tree a bunch for people to actually see and shoot without covering 10 miles.

That right there says it ALL....and I think I just heard the mic drop!!

402-209-5053

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:44 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Tell me which rule change hurts the dog doing the work and treeing real live raccoons. I looked down the list and couldn't for the life of me figure out one that will negatively affect a coondog.
I see rules that may affect the babblers and late covering dogs, and those which rely upon the talents of others to accumulate points.. I see rules changes that will make it more difficult to scratch for innocent mistakes and some others gone altogether.
I always thought that the dominate dog of the cast that treed the most coons first in the allotted amount of time should be the winner and have more points than the others. I guess others have a differing opinion of what a coondog is and who should win.
Correct me if I'm wrong but even back in the day the coveted dog was the one that was the leader of the pack. The dog that had an uncanny ability to run a track and tree coons first. No leash lock and a countdown gives the power back to these dogs taking it from man made deep loner, the bark every step dog and from the dog that A. lacks tracking ability and speed and therefore gets beat to trees or B. complete reliance upon other dogs that they cover for the nothing other than the reason of covering another dog that barks treed and have been collecting undeserved points.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 09-09-2019 at 11:14 PM

Old Post 09-09-2019 10:57 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is true, everyone will just have to get 2 dogs, a gun dog and a competition dog. They could comp hunt a walker and pleasure hunt a Redbone. They would have their ugly cur looking walker tied up out front and their houndy Redbone hid out back.

Old Post 09-09-2019 11:02 PM
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

quote:
That is true, everyone will just have to get 2 dogs, a gun dog and a competition dog. They could comp hunt a walker and pleasure hunt a Redbone. They would have their ugly cur looking walker tied up out front and their houndy Redbone hid out back.

LOL, looks is last on the list in a coon hunt. Show me them coon eyes, do it fast and do it regardless of what the other dogs are doing.

Mr. Richard, you just keep bench show'n them purdy Red dogs and you'll be a lot happier.

402-209-5053

Old Post 09-09-2019 11:16 PM
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

quote:

The red dog probably needs to stay hid. LOL!

Honestly, I have hunted with 9 or 10. Most were Nite Ch.'s and I have yet to see one tree a coon. The closest one has ever come was when one of James Dorman's came into a tree with a coon in it after we got there. I know that evidently a bunch have made top coonhounds but I've never had the chance to hunt with one. I guess I should have gone with that x-breed one Lee Weatherford sold to Russ Bellar.

Old Post 09-09-2019 11:23 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

What is wrong with attempting to breed for the ability to actually RUN a track and tree with accuracy?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-09-2019 11:28 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

You know what. No matter who whines or who gets their way. The ones who really loves this sport will find a way to compete. Even though in the past they didn’t agree with the rules , they found the means to do so . It’s competition if you don’t have what it takes now you find a way to get it or you sit at home. A post said hide hunters made this game we play. I will go with that. But I bet if that hide hunter didn’t have the means of beating his buddies he found the way. You don’t see a man that races horses bring a plow horse to a race do you.Its just that simple. Rules we have before us are simple . If you work hard good things will come your way.

Old Post 09-09-2019 11:31 PM