UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
POP
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondogedog
POP, I'm surprised at your sarcasm. lol.
Haven't talked to you in a while. Have you been keep'em lookin' up?
I've got to go now, I'm thirsty. It's koolaid time. See ya later.

im glad you missed me Loyd. i do enjoy a good debate with you. i do wish you would quit drinking that kool-aid stuff! might need to send you to A.A.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-05-2010 03:11 PM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHAD S
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POP
being president of the ksba is like bragging about being the captain of the titanic.

LOL

Old Post 11-05-2010 03:40 PM
CHAD S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHAD S Click here to Send CHAD S a Private Message Click Here to Email CHAD S Find more posts by CHAD S Add CHAD S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

if everyone would just be honest and admit that all curs are cross bred. if you would do a little digging you would find that many of the omc have a little hound in them somewhere down the line. curs a few years ago did not tree nearly as hard as some do these days. i hunt treeing curs simply because i want the best of both worlds. if indeed mr robert did these things so be it. but to make your own group so you can register dogs is insane. we have the NTCA but not to register our dogs, but to help register with existing organizations.

Old Post 11-05-2010 06:03 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POP
im glad you missed me Loyd. i do enjoy a good debate with you. i do wish you would quit drinking that kool-aid stuff! might need to send you to A.A.

Kemmer Koolaid or Carls Concoction? Give me the Koolaid anytime. The original Mtn. Curs were good dogs until the treeing fiest, Streak, was crossed into them. Robert pulled out to keep Mtn Curs, Mtn Curs so I guess I'll do the same. Until we meet again I'll continue to pray for you @ Koolaids Anonymous. lololol
Have a good weekend, the temps are cooling off and the squirrel and coon will be movin' Keep'em looking up, Loyd.

Old Post 11-05-2010 06:32 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
if everyone would just be honest and admit that all curs are cross bred. if you would do a little digging you would find that many of the omc have a little hound in them somewhere down the line. curs a few years ago did not tree nearly as hard as some do these days. i hunt treeing curs simply because i want the best of both worlds. if indeed mr robert did these things so be it. but to make your own group so you can register dogs is insane. we have the NTCA but not to register our dogs, but to help register with existing organizations.

Everyone knows that the good Lord didn't make Mtn Curs. God created dogs and man crossed them to make Mtn. Curs. It's not a question, to me, of if Mtn Curs are cross breeds, it's a matter of do I enjoy the dogs I have now or do I want them changed. When C inserted Treeing Feist into Mtn. Curs that changed both dogs. I prefer the "pure" Mtn. Cur because they suit me the best. If I decided to try one of the others I'd simply buy a Kemmer Hybred.
Theres plenty of choices out there for all who wish to hunt Curs and mixtures thereof. Most of the folks who start these argumentative threads have been thrown out of one or more of the breed associations and have an axe to grind. Don't pay attention to them. Hunt what you want to. (As long as it's UKC registered).

Loyd McIntire

Old Post 11-05-2010 06:42 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGMOOSE
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Kemmer Koolaid or Carls Concoction? Give me the Koolaid anytime. The original Mtn. Curs were good dogs until the treeing fiest, Streak, was crossed into them. Robert pulled out to keep Mtn Curs, Mtn Curs so I guess I'll do the same. Until we meet again I'll continue to pray for you @ Koolaids Anonymous. lololol
Have a good weekend, the temps are cooling off and the squirrel and coon will be movin' Keep'em looking up, Loyd.

Yea those kemmer hybrids are 100% huh. Just like I have seen some white papered dogs with ears that hang to the ground. Go sell that lie to people who don't know any better.

Old Post 11-05-2010 06:45 PM
BIGMOOSE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGMOOSE Click here to Send BIGMOOSE a Private Message Click Here to Email BIGMOOSE Find more posts by BIGMOOSE Add BIGMOOSE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGMOOSE
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Everyone knows that the good Lord didn't make Mtn Curs. God created dogs and man crossed them to make Mtn. Curs. It's not a question, to me, of if Mtn Curs are cross breeds, it's a matter of do I enjoy the dogs I have now or do I want them changed. When C inserted Treeing Feist into Mtn. Curs that changed both dogs. I prefer the "pure" Mtn. Cur because they suit me the best. If I decided to try one of the others I'd simply buy a Kemmer Hybred.
Theres plenty of choices out there for all who wish to hunt Curs and mixtures thereof. Most of the folks who start these argumentative threads have been thrown out of one or more of the breed associations and have an axe to grind. Don't pay attention to them. Hunt what you want to. (As long as it's UKC registered).

Loyd McIntire

If you want a good dog then go get you a OMCBA. If you want a dog to breed and make money off the puppies go get you a Kemmer. If Kemmer so much better then OMCBA dogs then why don't you show up to some OMCBA hunts and prove it.

Old Post 11-05-2010 06:54 PM
BIGMOOSE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGMOOSE Click here to Send BIGMOOSE a Private Message Click Here to Email BIGMOOSE Find more posts by BIGMOOSE Add BIGMOOSE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

i just say to each his own. i enjoy what i hunt and therefore i hunt. omc, kemmer, treeing cur, etc. whatever suits you, hunt it. if there is any debate on whats the best, there is only one thing to do, cut'em loose and let the dogs do their thing. we don't have many hunts here so a title means nothing. i say lets just go hunting and take score by the game treed no matter what the breed. and if we going to cut them loose let me know. i got one i want to throw in the hat.

Old Post 11-05-2010 07:24 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

quote:

there"s hope for you yet Loyd. the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem......please dont miss your meetings..lol!!!
temps are just about right for some good hunting.....hope you have a great weekend and tree a lot of game!

Old Post 11-05-2010 07:55 PM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
i just say to each his own. i enjoy what i hunt and therefore i hunt. omc, kemmer, treeing cur, etc. whatever suits you, hunt it. if there is any debate on whats the best, there is only one thing to do, cut'em loose and let the dogs do their thing. we don't have many hunts here so a title means nothing. i say lets just go hunting and take score by the game treed no matter what the breed. and if we going to cut them loose let me know. i got one i want to throw in the hat.

Plenty of comp. hunts around, sounds like that would be your game.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 11-05-2010 08:38 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

i would love to go to more hunts, but we have very very few squirrel hunts here. hunted in some pkc coon and acha and have done pretty good. but what im saying is dog against dog, not handler against handler.

Old Post 11-06-2010 05:52 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

You might as well get some pits and get in the dog fighting business then, that is the only way you are going to get dog on dog. Any other way you are going to always be dealing with handler on handler. And the more prestigious or more money behind it the worse it is.

Old Post 11-06-2010 06:31 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

how right you are. i hunted hounds in the hunts for about 15yrs. made some grand nites along the way and some good friends. i just enjoy hunting these days. i grew up i NC and hunting is different there than i South GA. i have a few decent dogs and im happy. im all about the ability of the dog now.

Old Post 11-06-2010 06:43 PM
Oldie
New UKC Forum Member

If Robert was so upset about Streak why did he and Ira Kirby breed Goldie to Streak ? This litter was known as the Cross of the 90's and made some great tree dogs. The reason Robert left was that he didn't want the litter fee increased from one fee to each pup fee. And of course there was some other minor problems but that was the big one ,not Streak. I find it very amusing that the ones that want to do most of the Streak bashing have only rumors and gossip to repeat as most of them have never been to any meetings or hunts. And then they want to act like they know what Robert thought and said even though they prob haven't even met the man, more second hand rumors. And before you ask ,yes I was there when Robert left, I don't go by rumors.

Old Post 11-13-2010 12:48 AM
Oldie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oldie Click here to Send Oldie a Private Message Click Here to Email Oldie Find more posts by Oldie Add Oldie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Loyd McIntire

Loyd if that is really it and Robert really wanted to preserve the mountain cur then tell me how this 100% kemmer cur here kept it's papers. robert was made aware of it's presence and did nothing at all about it. Could it be he was greedy and only cares about the money? Could it be that it had been done many times before and was no big deal? You tell me, you appear to have the NOSE for it.

There has to be some logical explanation why this dog was allowed to be registered at a 100% kemmer.

Old Post 11-13-2010 01:18 AM
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

hmmmm, im not getting into this one.

Old Post 11-13-2010 01:45 AM
TURBO DOG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
Loyd if that is really it and Robert really wanted to preserve the mountain cur then tell me how this 100% kemmer cur here kept it's papers. robert was made aware of it's presence and did nothing at all about it. Could it be he was greedy and only cares about the money? Could it be that it had been done many times before and was no big deal? You tell me, you appear to have the NOSE for it.

There has to be some logical explanation why this dog was allowed to be registered at a 100% kemmer.

Tim I like the way you major in the minors and minor in the majors! This little episode was back in 2005 and has been dealt with as has been a lot of other issues! There will always be some folks that try to destroy a breed of dog for whatever reasons!! You should know that very well! That is why I appreciate folks trying to preserve a particular breed of dogs, including you even though we are at odds on other issues. I have seen a lot of things first hand in the cur dog world, more specifically the mtn cur world. I am where I am at today because I know that the DEDICATED breeders are preserving a line of dogs that our founders thought worthy of saving and the Kemmer Stock Mtn Curs do not take a back seat to any other breed of cur dogs so why change.

The KABA is doing well and more determined than ever to preserve the 100% foundaion stock of dog that Robert Kemmer developed.

I appreciate your concerns but rest assure that the KSBA in on track and our directional compass is set for the task at hand of preserving these Kemmer dogs.

Hope you have a good weekend!!

Old Post 11-13-2010 03:13 AM
TURBO DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TURBO DOG Click here to Send TURBO DOG a Private Message Click Here to Email TURBO DOG Visit TURBO DOG's homepage! Find more posts by TURBO DOG Add TURBO DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cur Hunter
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by TURBO DOG
Tim I like the way you major in the minors and minor in the majors! This little episode was back in 2005 and has been dealt with as has been a lot of other issues! There will always be some folks that try to destroy a breed of dog for whatever reasons!! You should know that very well! That is why I appreciate folks trying to preserve a particular breed of dogs, including you even though we are at odds on other issues. I have seen a lot of things first hand in the cur dog world, more specifically the mtn cur world. I am where I am at today because I know that the DEDICATED breeders are preserving a line of dogs that our founders thought worthy of saving and the Kemmer Stock Mtn Curs do not take a back seat to any other breed of cur dogs so why change.

The KABA is doing well and more determined than ever to preserve the 100% foundaion stock of dog that Robert Kemmer developed.

I appreciate your concerns but rest assure that the KSBA in on track and our directional compass is set for the task at hand of preserving these Kemmer dogs.

True a few are still breeding a good Kemmer dog, but there are fewer good dogs out there. Unfortunately the KSBA is in decline.

Old Post 11-13-2010 03:21 AM
Cur Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cur Hunter Click here to Send Cur Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Cur Hunter Add Cur Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Charles it wasn't dealt with at the time, you can sweep it under the rug now but that dog right there is still 100% kemmer

And I do believe your directional compass just had to be calibrated recently. Lets see, former vice president trying to upgrade the kemmer bloodline. LOL

Old Post 11-13-2010 02:17 PM
James Jamison
UKC Forum Member

True a few are still breeding a good Kemmer dog, but there are fewer good dogs out there. Unfortunately the KSBA is in decline.

I stay out of these arguments anymore, but I can tell you for a fact, there are alot more than a few still breeding good Kemmer curs. If you think there are fewer good Kemmer dogs out there, you aren't looking very hard, and if you honestly think the KSBA is in decline, you haven't been to the last 4-5 hunts, and see the members from all over the USA.

Old Post 11-14-2010 12:51 AM
James Jamison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Jamison Click here to Send James Jamison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Jamison Find more posts by James Jamison Add James Jamison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feist
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by James Jamison

I stay out of these arguments anymore, but I can tell you for a fact, there are alot more than a few still breeding good Kemmer curs. If you think there are fewer good Kemmer dogs out there, you aren't looking very hard, and if you honestly think the KSBA is in decline, you haven't been to the last 4-5 hunts, and see the members from all over the USA.

You are very correct there are plenty of people breeding Keemer Curs. The thing is the finished dogs aren't what they were 25 yrs ago.

Old Post 11-14-2010 01:13 AM
Feist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feist Click here to Send Feist a Private Message Find more posts by Feist Add Feist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Johnny G
UKC Forum Member

quote:

If this was dealt with,what was the outcome???? You better call someone and ask,because you were off doing something else then.

Old Post 11-14-2010 05:15 AM
Johnny G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny G Click here to Send Johnny G a Private Message Find more posts by Johnny G Add Johnny G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SIHUNTER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Feist
You are very correct there are plenty of people breeding Keemer Curs. The thing is the finished dogs aren't what they were 25 yrs ago.

What were the finished dogs like for you 20-25 years ago?

I'll be honest I haven't hunted with any kemmers in close to or over 15 years, but I hear of more kemmers being hunted now than they were back 20+ years ago. It was hard for us to find a good finished out kemmer dog back then.

Old Post 11-14-2010 05:17 AM
SIHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SIHUNTER Click here to Send SIHUNTER a Private Message Find more posts by SIHUNTER Add SIHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SIHUNTER
What were the finished dogs like for you 20-25 years ago?

I'll be honest I haven't hunted with any kemmers in close to or over 15 years, but I hear of more kemmers being hunted now than they were back 20+ years ago. It was hard for us to find a good finished out kemmer dog back then.

How finished does it take for a chain to fit on their neck? LOL

Old Post 11-14-2010 06:25 AM
SIHUNTER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
How finished does it take for a chain to fit on their neck? LOL

Tim, your a thread killer.lol

I was serious, and not trying to BS anyone. I hear people say things like "20 years ago this and that", and sometimes wonder where their comming from. Not that I think their wrong, but curious as to what it was they know.

Old Post 11-15-2010 05:16 AM
SIHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SIHUNTER Click here to Send SIHUNTER a Private Message Find more posts by SIHUNTER Add SIHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote