UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > zimecterin gold for dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

zimecterin gold for dogs

does anyone use zimecterin? i use ivermectin now but one of my dogs has tapes. i called the vet to see if i could get some dog wormer but they wolnt give me anything without taking my dog in and paying $130 for a check up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-11-2013 07:49 PM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Zimecterin does not Have enough Praziquantel Per dose to Kill Canine Type Tape Worms ..

Praziquantel :
At a Dosage of of 2.5 Mg to 6 Mg per Pound will Kill Adult D caninum, T pisiformis, Echinococcus granulosus, E multilocularis ( Flea Host Tapeworm, Rabbit Host Tapeworm, Deer Feces Host Tapeworm, Fox, Coyote Host "Canis" Feces Tapeworm )

If your seeing Tape Segments then Dose a 5 mg. per pound of your Dogs

http://pet-healthcare.revivalanimal...Fish?apelog=yes

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 03-11-2013 08:17 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toejam
UKC Forum Member

I have been used it for about 4yrs, had good results with it, but when it comes to meds diff dogs react in diff ways to medication so use sound judgement when usen any form of meds .

Here at cohulla creek kennels we breed for the show, the show that goes on in the timber.!

John R. Isenhower 706-313-3965

Old Post 03-11-2013 08:18 PM
toejam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toejam Click here to Send toejam a Private Message Click Here to Email toejam Find more posts by toejam Add toejam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan Hashman
UKC Forum Member

I've been using it for about 6yrs and it work good on my hounds. My vet told me about it.

GrCh'PR'Hashmans Midnite Pole Dancer
'PR' Hashmans Lucky Ol Cowboys Camo

Bryan Hashman
2503 King Ridge Rd
St.Marys, WV 26170
[304] 684-9448 h [304] 483-0538 c

Old Post 03-13-2013 05:05 AM
Bryan Hashman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan Hashman Click here to Send Bryan Hashman a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan Hashman Find more posts by Bryan Hashman Add Bryan Hashman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diggerman
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Hashman
I've been using it for about 6yrs and it work good on my hounds. My vet told me about it.
What doseage?

Old Post 03-13-2013 02:14 PM
Diggerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diggerman Click here to Send Diggerman a Private Message Click Here to Email Diggerman Find more posts by Diggerman Add Diggerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

To get tapes you have you give a quarter to a third of a tube for a 60 lb dog, that's going to give you a high dose of ivomec , I have had no problems but its up to you.

Old Post 03-13-2013 04:13 PM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdog1
UKC Forum Member

I've used it for 8 or 10 years with very good results

Old Post 03-13-2013 04:25 PM
walkerdog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog1 Click here to Send walkerdog1 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerdog1 Find more posts by walkerdog1 Add walkerdog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Zimecterin Gold

If you read the warning label, on the box, it says, they have had fatalities, in dogs. I use, to use it, i gave it to, Sam, Sam's, feet starting bleeding, about 6 months later, i forgot about giveing it to Sam. I gave it to him again, his feet starting, breaking out, bleeding again, i remembered, giveing Zimecterin Gold to Sam. I don't use it no more, you can buy praziquantel for tape worms on e-bay, for dogs.

Old Post 03-14-2013 02:18 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Majestic is correct.

There are all sorts of dog dewormers out there that a script is not needed. Just go to your local petsmart or pet store, or agway.

One containing praz, will work best for tapes imo.

I would recommend treating for tapes at least every 6 months.

Horse dewormers need to be cut down, for proper dosages for a dog.

Just because you can take 10 asprins and live, doesn't mean its a good idea. Yes your head ache will be gone, but I'm sure it isn't good for your liver. This is the same as giving your dog horse dewormer that isnt cut down to the proper dosage. Just because the dog lives, doesn't mean its a good idea.

Last edited by Fisher13 on 03-14-2013 at 04:12 AM

Old Post 03-14-2013 04:08 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote