UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Winter Classic
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Winter Classic

When and where?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-26-2020 07:10 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
collier41
UKC Forum Member

Winter classic

I was wondering the same thing seems kind of odd nothing has been posted yet about it.

Old Post 09-27-2020 03:47 AM
collier41 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for collier41 Click here to Send collier41 a Private Message Click Here to Email collier41 Find more posts by collier41 Add collier41 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

It will be in Feb. In Batesville, Mississippi.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 09-27-2020 02:35 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Confirmed anywhere

That was my thought but can't find it confirmed anywhere. Not on the events calendar and my source that lives in Batesville said he talked to the mayor and nothing has been said about it yet. Just curious I'm going to try to make it.

Old Post 09-27-2020 05:53 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

According to Amanda at UKC

Batesville MS
Feb 12 and 13

Old Post 09-28-2020 06:32 PM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

What is the weather like there at that time usually?

Old Post 10-02-2020 09:28 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
What is the weather like there at that time usually?

Cool but not cold. Often rainy. Probably 40s in the days and 30s at night. Or course it could also be 70 and sunny, lol. Just never know with North MS weather.

Old Post 10-02-2020 01:41 PM
yotetrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yotetrapper Click here to Send yotetrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email yotetrapper Find more posts by yotetrapper Add yotetrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Cooper
UKC Forum Member

I look forward to this event more than any. Just enjoy the get away to a little warmth in the middle of old man winter up north. We stay at a cabin at Sardis Lake SP. Lifelong memories

2021 UKC National Grand Nite Ch
' Indiana Outlaw'
Co owned with Alan Holding

PKC Ch Nite Ch PR Backwoods Okie

Old Post 10-02-2020 05:46 PM
J Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Cooper Click here to Send J Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email J Cooper Find more posts by J Cooper Add J Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I bothers me going hunting in the cold way up north in Mississippi. LOL

Old Post 10-02-2020 06:32 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J Cooper
I look forward to this event more than any. Just enjoy the get away to a little warmth in the middle of old man winter up north. We stay at a cabin at Sardis Lake SP. Lifelong memories

While my mutts would not be actually worth entering in a big hunt like that..... I was thinking it might be fun to attend and hunt just to get away from the cold for a week.

Is there much public land a guy could fun hunt a few days before the hunt?

Old Post 10-02-2020 07:04 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
While my mutts would not be actually worth entering in a big hunt like that..... I was thinking it might be fun to attend and hunt just to get away from the cold for a week.

Is there much public land a guy could fun hunt a few days before the hunt?

Plenty. This map shows Holly Springs National Forrest (both of the green blobs) both northeast and due south of Batesville. This is federally owned land open to hunting to the public.

Besides that the area around the three lakes (Sardis, Enid, and Grenada) that aren't private land or state parks is all Army corps land that's open to hunting.

There's also these WMAs nearby. If you plan to hunt one of them check the rules for it because I don't think all are open to coon hunting. https://www.mdwfp.com/wildlife-hunt...gion/northwest/

Old Post 10-02-2020 07:24 PM
yotetrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yotetrapper Click here to Send yotetrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email yotetrapper Find more posts by yotetrapper Add yotetrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Wow, thanks! Is there camping where the event is held ?

Old Post 10-02-2020 07:26 PM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Yes, there’s camping right there at the convention center. Awesome hunt, I like goin down myself. I may just be lucky but I always draw good hunting.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 10-02-2020 10:24 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I live 45 min from civic center. We are ted truly blessed with the Corp land, public land that we have . Have a bunch of private land owners that are nice enough to let you go. There are plenty of coon on public ground if you have the dog to go find them. If your lucky enough to draw out to one of the baited private spots you stand a good chance of bringing in a high score. I said that to be on the sense of humor side. It’s true, that’s why I hope that hunt will go to a win your cast , single elimination style hunt.Either way I feel like it’s a good hunt an a good location. Even though it has rained the past two. That we have no control over.

Old Post 10-03-2020 12:55 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote