UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pup Stolen- Need advice
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Pup Stolen- Need advice

Been doing this for years and never had a problem, till now! A man and his wife traveled a couple hrs away and picked their pup up and left, leaving me with a check(I know).
Of course it bounced, they apologized and said they sent another, long story short it has been close to 45 days with no response, Ukc says they do not stop registration so ? What is the best action to take? I asked them to bring pup back, also with no response.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-15-2019 03:15 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

Take the check to the DA and file on them.

Old Post 01-15-2019 03:18 PM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

You should do everyone else a favor and post their names, phone #, home address, bank account # and any other info you have on them. When people are pointed out they are less likely to do it again. I also agree go to the sheriff and report it.

Old Post 01-15-2019 03:34 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

I'm a police officer in Kentucky so I'm not familiar with Georgia laws but here's my advise. I would take the check to the prosecuting attorney in your county and obtain a warrant. In Ky, it's called theft by deception, cold check. I'm not sure about Georgia but I would say it's something similar. I don't know how much the check is for but if it's a felony, Georgia may extradite them from whatever state they live in. If it's not felony level, they won't extradite from another state but at least you'll have pending charges on them in Georgia if they ever return. If you contact them and tell them you have obtained a warrant on them, that may be enough persuasion for them to make it right with you.

Old Post 01-15-2019 03:41 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the response Gentlemen.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 01-15-2019 03:48 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

If they are only a couple hours away.Why don't you just drive over and repossess the pup? I'm guessing the check has their address on it

Old Post 01-15-2019 04:16 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote