UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Hunt Format - (re:slams) Will Clubs Survive ?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I don't have the education that some of y'all have. My wife balances my check book.

Dont worry about your check book brother Richard ..The bank will let you know real quick when you make a boo boo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2018 01:39 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
I would pay good $ to be Tarbaby's official speech writer. People would see that miracles can happen. lol.

I ain't really sure but I think I just got reprimanded again lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 12-20-2018 02:32 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Would not say reprimanded, let's say a little more education, or enlightment. Lol. Between Allen and Mr. Lambert, you get schooled pretty regular. See I don't even pick on you much anymore, since those 2 have taken you under their wing. I hope Tim gets me some good videos of you wrestling saw briars , you know that's a good remedy for a sore back, just saying. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-20-2018 02:53 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Coon Clubs need to cultivate their youth. These are future Deer Creek Coonhunters from Greencastle, In.

Old Post 12-20-2018 04:07 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

That is big deer they found!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-20-2018 04:16 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
las123
UKC Forum Member

hunts

we are lucky,we hold a rqe every year,the profit we make at the rqe holds us over for the other 6 hunts we have.what cost us the most in years past is the bench shows,and youth hunts.so we decided it was in the best intrest to limit our bench shows and scale back on youth hunts.we have 2 sectionals a year also.so with an rqe and 2 sectionals we are reqired to have 3 bench shows.we do hold a slam..its a 30.00 slam..over the last 3 years we average 11 dogs so after expenses club made 101.50.plus kitchen and 50/50.we are lucky we own our property,so with property taxes and other expenses were are able to stay afloat.but in saying that clubs in my opion have to start branching out;for example we hold fish fries,3-4 a year mostly during lent.we also hold turkey shoots in early fall.have another type of dinner sometime during the year.those we open to the public.my point is if a club in todays market is only going to have 7 ukc hunts a year and 1 or 2 pkc hunts a month.you WILL NOT SURVIVE.you can throw some buddy hunts in there or htx hunts.but from a club standpoint you have to do more than just hunts.the hardest thing for a club in my opion is getting working members.it wasnt till this last year i never hunted at the club i belong to because we didnt have enough working members.also dont forget i always went to other clubs to support them.in turn they came to ours.

Old Post 12-22-2018 03:47 PM
las123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for las123 Click here to Send las123 a Private Message Click Here to Email las123 Find more posts by las123 Add las123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
That is big deer they found!

It is amazing what kids will find. They aren't just coon hunting, they are exploring. They have their eyes wide open and don't miss a thing. If you listen to them talk amongst themselves later on, you will be amazed at what they pick up on.

Old Post 12-22-2018 05:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Hoeck
UKC Forum Member

Maybe some of the smaller clubs need to close and join the other clubs. The bigger clubs seem to do better. You would increase the membership. Do a lot of clubs have a membership fee ? If not maybe you should. If the clubs have more money then get some prizes for the winners which could increase the number of hunters. Petty easy to figure out

Old Post 12-22-2018 09:39 PM
Tim Hoeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Hoeck Click here to Send Tim Hoeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Hoeck Find more posts by Tim Hoeck Add Tim Hoeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Hoeck
UKC Forum Member

Double post

Double post

Old Post 12-22-2018 09:39 PM
Tim Hoeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Hoeck Click here to Send Tim Hoeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Hoeck Find more posts by Tim Hoeck Add Tim Hoeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

las123

Great post, I hope those complaining take notice to your post and some other good posts showing how to be successful as a Club. My club's success was/is not based in hunt income but income from other sources, such as Turkey shoots and other fund raisers. Stop blaming the hunts for your success or failure as a Club. Dave

Old Post 12-22-2018 10:25 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
It is amazing what kids will find. They aren't just coon hunting, they are exploring. They have their eyes wide open and don't miss a thing. If you listen to them talk amongst themselves later on, you will be amazed at what they pick up on.

At a youth hunt last year the dogs were working up a creek kids were catching crawdads and chasing minnows with their lights and still striking and treeing their dogs lol. I'm not sure who has more fun at these events us or them!
We hosted the Oklahoma Youth State Cysmpionship last weekend and a boy who a local has just got into hunting was running a dog in the field trial and made the comment that it was the most fun he has ever had.
To many take for granted that kids would rather be in the house playing video games and on their phones. In truth too many parents use these devices as easy babysitters. So many youth if given the opportunity would have a blast hunting or fishing and would gain a lifelong love of the outdoors.
So good to see you and others giving kids the chance to experience it!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-23-2018 06:12 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

Your post is a prime example of what happens when someone actually does something positive for the kids instead of complaining about the youth of today. Every generation complains about the younger generation, amazingly things actually turn out pretty good. It's better to be part of a solution than just another part of the problem. It's easy to see why your Club is so successful, complainers take notice and act accordingly if you actually want to be successful. Dave

Old Post 12-23-2018 11:07 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Dave when I was part of "the younger generation" we actually gave them plenty to complain about. In retrospect, they were right to complain.

Old Post 12-23-2018 11:18 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Good post, truth is we all had short comings in our youth, as has every generation. Somehow, things seem to work out pretty good with our youth as a whole. Granted, we have some that don't make the grade, as was the case in every generation. Remember the old saying about how dumb your dad was in your youth and how smart he became as you aged? Still true today! Dave

Old Post 12-24-2018 01:00 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Mr Dave when I was part of "the younger generation" we actually gave them plenty to complain about. In retrospect, they were right to complain.

Don't we all that is all part of the process! My dad's hair had turned silver by age 40, I'm sure that it had nothing to do with raising an independent strong willed only daughter... I'm placing all the blame on my brothers lol.

Some may need to reevaluate what they consider a successful club. Is it about the $'s? Is it about the refuge we've discussed here before? Is it about helping children develope a love of the outdoors and carrying on traditions from generations and starting new ones? Where there is a will there is a way if you have people willing to put in the effort. As many have mentioned if it's the $'s that concern you there are a ton of different ways to make enough to keep the lights on just don't loose sight of what the purpose of a club is.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:07 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Maybe some think that the purpose of a club is just to hold the hunts and send the results in to the kennel club. Everything else is up to the kennel club. You can do that under a canopy in a graveyard or on the tailgate of a truck.
And Jen, it had to be your brothers. Surely you weren't one bit of trouble.

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:55 AM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Maybe some think that the purpose of a club is just to hold the hunts and send the results in to the kennel club. Everything else is up to the kennel club. You can do that under a canopy in a graveyard or on the tailgate of a truck.
And Jen, it had to be your brothers. Surely you weren't one bit of trouble.

A Graveyard ???????!!! Gosh Richard ,thanks for all the helpful advise !

Old Post 12-31-2018 03:05 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Your welcome, I try to be helpful.

Old Post 12-31-2018 03:17 PM