UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Chad, I really appreciate that. I was sure impressed with Repo. I'm glad he went to somebody that put the time into raising one right. You did a great job with him. He is without a doubt a topnotch hound. Independent, loud, good looking, hunts hard, and has a coon when he parks it. Looking forward to y'all coming back down sometime.

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-05-2016 12:00 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SFWALKER
Hey Greg, thank YOU!! I'm honored that Jeb got to breed Mandy, especially for his first litter. And I'm dang glad I was able to get a pup out of Mandy.
I think we might just be on to something. I can't wait to see what all the pups turn out like.

Old Post 12-11-2016 07:53 PM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

X2 on Repo

I saw him do some great work while Chad was down. He is Dual Grand class and is a magnificent looking hound!!
If your up in I'll. Contact Chad. I'm sure he'd let you breed to him. You won't find a better hound with a better mouth that will flat tree real coons night after night.
He's a littermate to Jeb. Mandys sister threw a couple $10,000.00 plus dogs.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 12-11-2016 11:47 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

My Jeb pup treed another one by himself last night. Just took him on another short walk and he got to work. It is unbelievable the natural instinct we are already seeing out of this litter.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 01-03-2017 03:36 PM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey guys....go back through John's ad on Jeb

And see what I told you about him as a stud before he was ever bred. This dog will throw outstanding hounds. I hunted with Jebs Grandparents till they died of old age. Jeb is bred to reproduce coondogs. You better get him dialed in on your breeding radar. This dog is capable of winning any World title or a truck. Now he's showing what generation after generation of breeding top coondogs to each other produces. He will make a big mark on the Walker breed if you'll give him a shot. These pups are 5 mo. Old and treeing coons by THEMSELVES!!
Not sure what else you want in a stud dog or pup.By the way my Gyp has a mouth like a freight train and shes just a baby.

You need to try one of these pups. Jebs a stud dog.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 01-03-2017 10:55 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Haven't been hunting much at all lately, but I did take my Jeb pup out for a walk a few nights ago. It was his 7th or 8th time ever in the woods, with most of those trips less than 30 minutes long. Just turned 6 months old. And he treed another coon.

I try not to get too excited about young pups because you never know how they will finish, but I can't believe the pure natural instinct this pup has. He has never seen a caged coon. The only coon he had ever seen before he treed one all by himself was a coon that his grandmother treed for him. And that was all it took. He might be a bad dude here shortly.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 01-14-2017 04:58 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

My Jeb pup.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 01-14-2017 05:30 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Handsome dude!!

....better start bringing the best female you can find and bring her to Jeb. He is a powerful huge 90 lb plus coon treeing machine. He's athletic and can get as deep as it takes . Cold or hot....he will get it treed.
This pup is just the start for Jeb and John in the breeding pen.

Old Post 01-15-2017 12:15 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I can tell you guys this....

I'm a direct witness...if John had killed every live coon he has treed with Jeb, his momma, both his grandfather Bo and Grandmother Libby, there would be no coons in 5 counties surrounding him. That's a fact. This pup isn't a fluke or a lucky draw...this pup like his dad and his mom were born coondogs and came from coondogs. That's what you're supposed to get when you breed like that.
Nice job John...my hats off to your dog training. I'm 61 and have learned a new trick here and there from you young whipper snappers.
You're never to old to stop learning.
Proud of you bud.!! And your house dogs!!

Old Post 01-15-2017 12:21 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Bump

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 03-16-2017 10:34 PM
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Again I will say super lookin male and is bred as good as any on paper and sure he is a top notch hound !! Congratulations with your success my question is since you owned his mother and mothers sire it appears on his bottom side do and are you seeing more traits within him from his mothers side are traits you think came from bones side ? And again both sides are very strong on paper but was looking for your personal opinion ? Not sure If you have ever hunted with bone are not ? Does your males pup from what you have seen carry these consistant traits on thru ? As far as mouth on track tight are loose accuracy independAnce yard dog smarts etc.... Again. You are doing something rite that's for sure just trying to get your take on if you added what you were looking for or if you getting more now ? Thanks for your time and the only thing I'm not a huge fan of is 90-100 lb dogs if I had a preference it would be a 45 lb female with a 100 pd mouth thanks

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:32 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Potomac. Jeb seemed to be a perfect blend of Bone and his mother. If you really compare Jeb's mothers breeding to bone's, they are bred extremely similar, so they seemed to share a lot of the same traits. Looking Up Jeb on Penny's bottom side goes back to coma. Bone's bottom side goes back to coma. Both of their top sides are lipper bred. Both have Stylish Jake pretty close. It's what I like to call "distant" line breeding lol I got exactly what I had hoped for when I bred penny to Bone.

I haven't hunted with Bone, but from all the things I've heard about him, Jeb seems to be the same type dog. No doubt Bone is a great track dog, but Jeb's bottom side is pure track driving ability with cold noses that a lot of people don't really know what is anymore. At the same time, they are action packed dogs. They all had more drive and desire to hunt than you could ask for. Jeb's mother is old, fat, and rarely gets hunted now, but I know if I took her tonight she would go as hard as she could every drop until she dropped dead. I know Bone wasn't tight mouthed, but did throw a lot of tight mouths. Jeb's bottom side were all honest, quick strikers, and fully open trailers that used their mouths according to the track. Jeb is the same way. I have been lucky to have never had a problem with accuracy with any of my dogs, besides the usually puppy stuff.

I'm sure not claiming to know it all, but I'm very happy with my breeding so far!!

As far as Jeb's first litter, I'm very happy with what I'm hearing so far. He was bred to a top notch female directly out of Jake and a heavy coma bred female. It may be too much of the same blood, we will know before too long. The litter just turned 8 months old, and i am not one to hunt a pup much until they are closer to a year old. So I couldn't honestly tell you much more than he acts just like Jeb around the house and is extremely intelligent. I've done nothing more than take mine on a dozen or so short trips and 2 good longer hunts with Jeb. He got deeeepppp with Jeb and got way off by himself the last time. Mine treed 3 wild coons at a ridiculously young age, but that doesn't mean anything to me yet. I only care about how he finishes (but it's still exciting!)

By the way, I used to not care what size a dog was, but after having Jeb, I don't want anything but a male his size!! Lol he can flat cover some ground and has so much strength and stamina it's amazing.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:44 AM
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your response John look forward to huntin with jeb and his offspring mad would like to make a cross down the road appreciate your time ! I will contact you I have a pretty nice bitch that I'm hoping if heavy soon with break box pups and hope that will give and an answer if she will do her part , I really thin she will as bother brother and sister are producing some. Exceptional pup as I feel she will also ! Time will tell good lux, with your pup

Old Post 03-17-2017 05:46 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

With Bone being taken off the live breeding market,

Sons of Bone will be next in line to take his place.
In my personal opinion and 53 years of hunting and breeding experience, Jeb is the Best Bone son bar none.
Not only is his pedigree sound, he's the purest, cleanest coonhound I've hunted with in decades!

I'm sure John will show him in any conditions. I've seen Jeb tree every type coon track there is. Cold or Hot. Dry or rain. Makes Jeb no difference. He is the best handling dog out there right now. John can take him off the couch, tell him to get in the front seat of the truck, drive to the toughest woods you can find, tree a coon across a river and be called in.....all without a leash!! Count on one hand how many dogs you know can do that.

He can tree a coon that fed at 3 or 4 in the afternoon or run one and tree in belly deep running water. I've seen him do it.

Old Post 03-17-2017 06:21 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mr. Rick. As long as there aren't tornados I don't mind showing him lol

Took my Jeb pup by himself tonight and he did a great job. He was a little preoccupied by his first encounter with some cows for the first few minutes, but he got bored with them pretty quick, then drifted out and made quick work of a coon. I didn't make a great shot on a big boar coon, so the pup got into his first real fight. He treed him again about 150 yards later and I got it out to him dead the second time. Not sure if he is going to be a good kill dog or not haha but he sure isn't scared of one.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 03-18-2017 06:54 AM
jfitts
UKC Forum Member

Hey John, still planning to breed my female to Jeb, just waiting for her to come in season.
Jeb's pups are sounding good!

Old Post 03-18-2017 06:31 PM
jfitts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfitts Click here to Send jfitts a Private Message Click Here to Email jfitts Find more posts by jfitts Add jfitts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Breeding real coondogs for about

Four generations actually works...go figure! Lol

He's a handsome rascal as well.

Old Post 03-19-2017 07:29 AM
davtay_jr
UKC Forum Member

Southern Farms Jeb

You have a fine looking hound there young man. My hope for you and Jeb is to continue to have success. Please keep me in mind if another litter of pups become available. I'd love to introduce the bloodline here in S. Carolina!!!

David Taylor
(843)-992-4495

Old Post 03-21-2017 01:54 AM
davtay_jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davtay_jr Click here to Send davtay_jr a Private Message Click Here to Email davtay_jr Find more posts by davtay_jr Add davtay_jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys.

Mr. Taylor I will keep you in mind.

Mr. Fitts, looking forward to it. Jeb will be waiting!

Mr. Rick, I have sure been lucky with some of my crosses. I hope I can keep it up!

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:08 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Jeb and I won our cast at an RQE last night and are qualified for the zones again this year.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 03-26-2017 07:35 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Jeb and I doubled up on cast wins tonight at a PKC double header. He treed 2 coons by himself in the early round for 300+, no minus, and 2 coons by himself in the late round for 300+, no minus. No circle in either casts, just coons. We beat some dang nice dogs too.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 04-08-2017 09:04 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

way to go John...

I still say Jeb is the best Bone son in the country. Just my opinion since I haven't hunted with all of them, but I can tell you this. If your dog blinks or is not 100% on their game when you draw him. This is the results. He is as near perfect as a hound can be. I've just seen him tree some of the hardest coons to tree that there is.
I've seen him tree coon in water over his back and this is a big dog. He is athletic and smart.
He passes this on to his pups. John's 8 mo old pup can be turned out of the house in a subdivision and go load himself.
I dare anybody else with an 8 mo old pup to do this.
I won't. Mine would be a half mile down the road killing my neighbors cat!!

Old Post 04-08-2017 09:21 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, Mr. Rick. He is all that I could ask for in a hound night after night.

Getting excited about getting Jeb's pup in the woods a little more in the next few months.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Last edited by SFWALKER on 04-29-2017 at 08:11 PM

Old Post 04-29-2017 02:45 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

i took my 9 month old Jeb pup by himself last night and he got it done with eyes looking down. His mouth is starting to change a lot and he is getting LOUD. I got to hear him really locate for the first time. It took me a second to realize it was him because it was such a big mouth. He slammed that tree and never let up. He knew he had him.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 04-29-2017 08:09 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Boys....I've been trying to encourage yall if you were within

A hundred miles of Memphis, you need to come breed to Jeb. If you have the best female in your state, I'd encourage you to drive 5 states and breed to him.
John isn't one to brag on his dogs, he will let them speak for themselves in the woods.
He sent me a video of the darndest thing I've ever seen in all my life.....
He sent me a video of him taking Jebs nt.ch. mom, Jebs nite CH sister, Jeb and his 9 month old son and a rescued half pit/mut for a walk down the street in his subdivision.....without a leash!!! Let me repeat that....without a leash in a subdivision!!!!

Old Post 05-03-2017 09:16 PM