UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > End of the 2018/19 Hide Season up here most likely..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

End of the 2018/19 Hide Season up here most likely..

Coon hunting folks,

Who else is snowed in, froze up and ok with taking a few weeks off? I have hunted more since Sept than I have in many, many years.. Put some good effort and time in on my young dog and am happy with where we are at..

He's not ready to lay up in this cold weather, but I sure am! Unless we get a last minute January thaw, I believe we are done looking at the long range forecast.

Hoping things break good in mid Feb and we can get the competition season started in earnest. Very interested in the UKC slam events coming up and intend to hit several.

He's going to turn two next month and I've often thought that their nose and brains develop a bit or at least they learn to use that brain a bit more in conjunction with their nose about now.. Hoping to see good things in the spring..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-2019 03:28 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

This public hunting is public hunting because it floods !! So saturated you can't cross the creeks. The bottoms are full of water. And more rain coming this weekend.

Tar

Old Post 01-14-2019 03:34 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

I’m not ready to quit yet Larry. Couldn’t have come at a worse time for me . I didn’t get to hunt much the first half of the season do to my wife n I buying our own business n we finally started to slow down for a bit. I was really looking forward to the next 2 weeks of rutting boars n those long tracks but hey u can’t control Mother Nature. Hope we don’t get that 12”s they’re calling for this weekend. I’m gonna give it a whirl anyways even though I know how it’s gonna end.

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Old Post 01-14-2019 03:53 PM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Larry, there's only 3 inches out there. And tomorrows low is 30. Hammer down.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-14-2019 04:59 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Larry

I'm watching weather. Tuesday might be hunt able if we don't get freezing drizzle. Then Thursday early before it gets real cold. Maybe even Friday early. Little snow won't bother the boars. Run boar coon last year in the snow. Had some real good runs. Run them til they get tired then they den up. Boars are like the Mailperson rain sleet or snow, they have to deliver. Anyway I'm not giving up til 12:00am January 31. Just my thoughts. And I have had a good run also this season.
Happy Hunting
Randi

Old Post 01-14-2019 06:27 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Lol Jim. I reckon you could tree a coon somewhere tonight. Or get a frustrated young dog blowing a fox or some such out of the country. I’m keeping my fat old butt right here in the house. Went out earlier and played fetch and tug of war with knot head.

He’s not happy but I am😎. I figured out a long time ago, that sometimes it’s just best to stay in.

You boys all be safe and stay warm or dry or both!

Old Post 01-15-2019 12:28 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

We've had pretty good weather this hunting season in SE Kansas. Coon seem to be laid up and fat. Most tracks go from a few yds to a couple hundred. We have 30 nights of season left and I hope to have 20 decent enough to hunt. I suspect we've treed a couple hundred trees with coon and would like to tree a few more.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-15-2019 07:11 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote