UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ultimate Coon Hunter
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Ultimate Coon Hunter

No post like this would be complete without the story of who I call, " The Ultimate Coon Hunter". At a large breed hunt back east, a group of about twenty pickups is gonna caravan to a satellite club about an hour away. A lot of us were standing around waiting to leave, when a guy walks up and said he needs a ride, I told him he could ride with me, introduced myself, showed him where my PU was and told him we were leaving at six o'clock. He shows up with his dog, jumps him in the truck, and says to me, "You got to take me to the hotel, I left my light. I said, "Buddy, no one is gonna take you to the hotel, we're fixing to leave, the best thing to do is ask if someone has an extra light you can borrow. We found a light, he climbs in the truck with the guy who has the light and we start down the highway. He's in the first pu, and I'm about five pu's back. We go about twenty miles and I see the caravan pulling to the side of the road, and this same guy jumps out and tells me someone has to take him back to the hotel, he left his tracker. I said, no one is gonna take you back to the hotel, your best bet is to ask these guys if someone has a collar you can use. He finds a collar and we go on. As luck would have it I drew this guy and the hunt was simply amazing.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2019 03:41 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pigsit

WOW, What was he thinking? Do you still give rides? It sounds like you have had some really bad experiences helping others. Dave

Old Post 01-11-2019 04:57 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

This is the other side of the story, to all the comments on the not giving someone a ride post. Got to love people that come to hunts completely unprepared to hunt and don't mind imposing on others.

Old Post 01-11-2019 06:59 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunters

One should be upfront with other hunters needing a ride, tell them if you have any reservations or conditions to them riding with you. You may not want to go back to the Club if you don't do any good, or you may stay if your dog is still out, or any other conditions you may have. Nothing wrong with having these limitations or conditions in providing a ride or refusing a ride if they won't agree to your plan. Knowing these things upfront will reduce or limit the problems that can arise in any situation. Dave

Old Post 01-11-2019 07:18 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I once drove 55mi to a hunt paid my entry, ate, and let a guy ride with me to our turnout when I realized my boots were still on the dryer where I'd put them the night before.

Old Post 01-11-2019 07:26 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Shane

Lol. I would say we all have had similar experiences. I went pleasure hunting one night by myself, got to my spot and realized that I was wearing a pair of loafers, thankfully I had a pair of boots in my toolbox. Dave

Old Post 01-11-2019 08:04 PM
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ultimate Coon Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
As luck would have it I drew this guy and the hunt was simply amazing.

I'm dying to know the rest of the story.

Old Post 01-11-2019 10:39 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Everything except Pepsi

Pleasure hunting I've forgot everything from boots to light. Including not long ago my dog. Hopped in different truck grapped my pop light gun and coat and away we went. Hit the gravel road and he asked how Bj had been doing and I said hmmm he's still back at my truck. We ran back and got him. But so far I've never left without my bottle of Pepsi.

Old Post 01-12-2019 12:51 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote