UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Anyone know where the thread on on what drives coonhunters or something went?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Redneck Mafia

Those records would be great thanks. You think most people would be super tired after a nite hunt to go hunting afterwards you know

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:14 AM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What you have to learn about this sport and probably the same in most of them, is this. Each sport has its long list of successful men/women. Now success has a lot of ways of being measured. That is where it starts to get cloudy.
A newcomer to a sport that really doesn't now the history or the ins and outs, kind of get hung up entirely on WINNINGS.
Nothing wrong with that as they have to start somewhere and glamour of money or championships is the first thing one can wrap their hands around and want to duplicate.
So you take all the coon hound winnings and make a list. Of dogs and handlers.
So you have a list of men that any new comer can look at in amazement. Newcomer thinks that those are my heroes. Again that is how life works and nothing wrong with that. But then you start to learn more about your heroes.
You find that some Heroes have done the right things to get to the top of the list and then you find others did not. Sadly at times the person looking at this list and wanting their names on it also don't care how their name gets there. They just want it there. Thats when the train is completely off track.

I want every young person out there reading this that wants to make a dent into the coon hound world to understand. Go for it and achieve all the thrills and success you can. Train those dogs and show them off to the public. But if that drive for success or even the success you find. Starts to make a dent into your Character or Family life. Take a deep breath, step back and rethink the situation. Being on a pedestal for winning a hunt and at the same time loosing the respect others may have for you. Is not something any person should allow to happen.

Old Post 12-30-2018 12:33 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

I understand what you mean, I was just curious about the numbers involved, six digits is definitely an eye catcher lol. I had no idea there was this much money in the sport. Do a lot of people cheat in this sport though? I would never want to cheat to get ahead in a sport that I enjoy because that would ruin it because then you’re not really participating in it you’re just cheating for a win. How do they do it, do they use the dogs? If they do that really isn’t right. A lot of people probably aren’t bad people they just get caught up in the competition side of things. Regardless that isn’t right.

Old Post 12-30-2018 12:56 PM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

It is important for a new comer to understand and set their mind to follow the rules. How to train their dogs to hunt by the rules. The more the dogs does in following the rules. The less a man has to do make up for the dogs shortcomings. That is when hunts are won honestly.

Old Post 12-30-2018 01:15 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Before I hunt a dog I’ll read the Ukc rules, probably print them out and always have a copy handy

Old Post 12-30-2018 02:31 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Not wanting to start any controversy but I'm starting to suspect that you may have created Peterhunts. This "young Man' has progressed from asking elementary questions to talking like there may be more knowledge there than we are led to believe and it seems you are always ready with an answer. Just seems like a good way to have an intelligent conversation without having to sit around and talk to yourself.
Inquiring minds want to know. lol

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:19 PM
yadkinriver is online now Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bruce

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Not wanting to start any controversy but I'm starting to suspect that you may have created Peterhunts. This "young Man' has progressed from asking elementary questions to talking like there may be more knowledge there than we are led to believe and it seems you are always ready with an answer. Just seems like a good way to have an intelligent conversation without having to sit around and talk to yourself.
Inquiring minds want to know. lol

Lol no that’s not the case, not sure how I can prove it without sharing too much info on myself, my parents wouldn’t want me to do that they’re still on the whole stranger danger thing. I’m sorry if I came off as knowing too much, I’ve been researching coon hunting a lot and have been listening to you guys. I apologize for any confusion or anything but no I’m not Bruce Conkeys account, that I can promise and give my word on

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:33 PM
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

I can try to prove I’m not him do you guys have any idea how?

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:36 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, a conspiracy theory rears its ugly head. You don't have to prove anything.

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
It is important for a new comer to understand and set their mind to follow the rules. How to train their dogs to hunt by the rules. The more the dogs does in following the rules. The less a man has to do make up for the dogs shortcomings. That is when hunts are won honestly.

I don't know Bruce, it's just a coon hunt. Your advice is good advice as always but I've spent a good many years watching these kids around here coming to our club and hunting in their first nite hunts and none of them knew much m9re than strike him when he strikes and tree him when he trees. And no, they didn't win a lot up front but they sure learned fast and they didn't learn it by reading no rule book. And they never ever forget what they learned when it cost them a hunt. Half a dozen hunts into the summer, they knew what they needed to know and they knew what they needed in a dog. And most of the time, it wasn't the dog they started with. And they are the handlers doing most of the winning at our club today. And now they are teaching the new ones and let me tell you, they don't teach it easy. If they can't take the criticism, they don't stay long. And I personally think that is a good thing.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:53 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

I don't know Bruce, it's just a coon hunt. Your advice 8s good advice as always but I've spent a good many years watching these kids around here coming to our club and hunting in their first nite hunts and none of them knew much m9re than strike him when he strikes and tree him when he trees. And no, they didn't win a lot up front but they sure learned fast and they didn't learn it by reading no rule book. And they never ever forget what they learned when it cost them a hunt. Half a dozen hunts into the summer, they knew what they needed to know and they knew what they needed in a dog. And most of the time, it wasn't the dog they started with. And they are the handlers doing most of the winning at our club today. And now they are teaching the new ones and let me tell you, they don't teach it easy. If they can't take the criticism, they don't stay long. And I personally think that is a good thing.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:54 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, a conspiracy theory rears its ugly head. You don't have to prove anything.

I really didn’t think posting on this forum would put me at the center of this lol. I just wanted to know how to get into coon hunting and read about the sport, sorry for the confusion

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:58 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Don't apologize. If you are for real take it as a compliment.

Old Post 12-30-2018 04:15 PM
yadkinriver is online now Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

But it was nice of you to answer for Bruce

Old Post 12-30-2018 04:17 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

For a long time I believed Tar and Mr Dave Richards were the same people. Still not a 100% positive

Old Post 12-30-2018 04:26 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jim, there is theory and there is real life. What should be done is very seldom what really happens in real life. In a perfect world all newcomers would read the rules but as everyone knows, we don't live in a perfect world.

Old Post 12-30-2018 04:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin River

I answered for him because I know I’m not him lmao, but thank you for the compliment

Old Post 12-30-2018 04:58 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sleepy head
[B]For a long time I believed Tar and Mr Dave Richards were the same people. Still not a 100% positive

Can't be the same. Tar trains his dogs and Mr. Richards buys his already trained plus Mr. Richards has the big eraser and Tar wouldn't get banned as often if he had it. lol

Old Post 12-30-2018 05:02 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
For a long time I believed Tar and Mr Dave Richards were the same people. Still not a 100% positive
HMMM LOL

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 12-30-2018 05:57 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy head

Lol. Now that was funny, but go easy on Tar, he gets his feelers hurt quicker than I do. We don't want to lose him to the rabbit hunting community..Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-30-2018 09:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

You have got me to thinking that Tar aka tarbaby may just be your alter ego. You stir the pot and use the tarbaby to trap those who take jabs at you. I must say you are doing a great job, the tarbaby has ensnared several of us unsuspecting posters into his sticky trap. Oh well, that's life! Dave

Old Post 12-30-2018 10:33 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Up top one more time

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-07-2019 11:55 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote