UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Drivetrack 70 waypoints?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

Drivetrack 70 waypoints?

Recently got a drivetrack and finally got around to using it, tried to intall the waypoints like you do with the alpha but they are not showing up. When it was sent from basecamp to the drivetrack memory i got the green check mark. I know some alpha's you have to do a reset for them to show up. may look that up. on basecamp they show up on the internal memory so I dont know where they are at.

thanks

Last edited by buckmaster27012 on 10-10-2017 at 10:34 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-10-2017 10:25 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

just got off chat with garmin and they say that waypoints dont show up when in dog tracking mode, only in the auto driving mode. back to looking at alpha i guess. too bad gps dawg went out of business. does anybody know if garmin bought them out or what?

Old Post 10-11-2017 02:09 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

GPS Dawg did nothing but what people couldn't do for themselves. They purchased refurbished computers just like everyone can do. The purchased cables that everyone can. They had you or downloaded software for you to your computer. The software was all Garmins and is out there for anyone to download.

Old Post 10-11-2017 05:55 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tackleberry
UKC Forum Member

Waypoints Not Available In Dog Tracking Mode

Bruce, do you think this is something they may change in the future with a software update? It kind of defeats the purpose of having the Drivetrack when I have to keep looking at my Alpha to see my waypoints.

Old Post 10-11-2017 06:25 PM
Tackleberry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tackleberry Click here to Send Tackleberry a Private Message Find more posts by Tackleberry Add Tackleberry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

i agree they just got you setup with all garmin products and such but I know they were the only ones that could get the waypoints to show up on basecamp while tracking the dogs. i watched them do it on a friend on mines tablet but they went sent so fast I d/k how they did it.

Old Post 10-12-2017 01:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

They have improved the waypoints some for you guys now. Here is the issue and I now Garmin gets blamed for it. The truth it they are just trying to give people what they want and they are listening.

First the DriveTrack was the LMT70 or RV Navigation System. Then then had the engineers work on it and design it to track dogs. Those were not the engineers most proficient in dog tracking. Now the dog tracking team is working with them and making suggestions along with several companies such as Double You, Outdoor Dog Supply and Gun Dog Supply, who have the understanding to dog tracking products. Garmin will continue to make improvements as they hear the needs of hunters and once they make them an update will be needed to install them.

Here is where they are with the drive tack waypoint issue. Yes you need to update it to get it.
With the recent update, software 5.40, there is a way to see the points but not the names on the Drivetrack 70 Map.

First Make sure that you are in Dog Tracking Mode, from the Home Screen:
Tap on “Settings”
Check “Usage Mode”
It should read ‘Dog Tracking’

To see the waypoints on the map. From the home screen:
Pressed “View Map”
Tap the screen
Tap on the map without selecting any of the dogs or POI
In the top right Corner tap the ‘Magnify Glass’
If the ‘Magnify Glass’ has disappeared then taping on the screen a second time brings it back
Scroll down the menu on the right and select the Heart icon (“Saved Places”)
The waypoints will show up as squares on the map. If you tap on any of the squares you will get the name of the waypoint.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-13-2017 at 10:43 AM

Old Post 10-13-2017 10:38 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

bringing back up an old post but has garmin suggested anything about waypoints yet? my 70 broke and was wondering if they were possibly coming out with a new one that may show them now or just get another 70.

thanks

Old Post 01-10-2019 12:55 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

They have a Drive Track 71 out now and there isn't really any improvement on the newer model as far as Waypoints. Something they need to improve upon in the future.

Old Post 01-10-2019 12:54 PM
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

garmin sent me this email about showing waypoints on the drivetrack 71. has anybody tried any of these steps and got them to show up? they called them saved places so don't know if that is any difference than waypoints you download.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?f...&tab=topics

Old Post 01-22-2019 05:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The problem with saved places and the Garmin Engineers are not smart enough to figure it out is this.
Your dog is headed towards a saved place "HEART" at a fast pace and your in the woods or in another truck without a drive track and the person with the drive track is communicating to you by radio..

Hey the dogs are headed towards a heart. What the hell does that tell anyone?

Now the person in the truck is smart enough to push all the buttons to get to the GO PAGE that might define the HEART so the other hunters understand it and it goes like this. The dogs are going to "Browns Crossing". Now the guy in the truck tries to remember how to get back to the page tracking the dogs several minutes later. Neve mind. The dogs turned while I was trying to figure what the HEART was. They are now going the other way.

If there is any Garmin engineer that wants to go hunting and see just how stupid their ideas are. Let me know. If you can't do it right. Stop doing it.

Old Post 01-23-2019 01:02 PM
Tackleberry
UKC Forum Member

That is my biggest frustration with the Drivetrack. Attempting to relay where the dogs are going without having the aid of my saved waypoints. If Garmin could display the waypoints on the Drivetrack in the same manner as they do on the Alpha, it would make it a much better product in my opinion.

Old Post 01-23-2019 01:50 PM
Tackleberry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tackleberry Click here to Send Tackleberry a Private Message Find more posts by Tackleberry Add Tackleberry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

So do you have to click on the heart to show saved areas every time or do you make that selection and they all the time. That is just how that tutorial made it look.

Can you save areas to the drivetrack like other gps and them show up on the dog tracking screen?

Old Post 01-23-2019 08:26 PM