UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Permethrin question?????
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Permethrin question?????

My sprayer is 2 gal. has anyone done the math to see what the mixture would be with Permethrin? I need to spray kennels, dogs, and errrrr-thin!!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-10-2019 08:51 PM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfoster533
UKC Forum Member

6.7 ounces of 10% permethrin to a gallon of water for the kennels and premises. 1.3 ounces of 10% permethrin per gallon for direct spray on dogs. This gives you a .5% mixture for the kennels and .1% for direct spray on dogs.

Old Post 07-10-2019 10:05 PM
jfoster533 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfoster533 Click here to Send jfoster533 a Private Message Find more posts by jfoster533 Add jfoster533 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Per directions, 0.64 ounce per gal would be 1.28 ounces per 2 gal. Dave

Old Post 07-10-2019 10:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

simple

I keep it simple one ounce per gallon,have never had a problem,works great.

Old Post 07-10-2019 10:24 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfoster533
UKC Forum Member

The 0.5% mixture I described above is the exact same strength as the Sawyers Permethrin...0.5%. The weaker mixture, 0.1%, came from a post by Dr Hallada from this forum. I believe Dr Hallada also recommended 0.5% for kennels and bedding. You just need to make sure it dries before your dog comes in contact.

Old Post 07-10-2019 10:38 PM
jfoster533 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfoster533 Click here to Send jfoster533 a Private Message Find more posts by jfoster533 Add jfoster533 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Thanks so much for your help!

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 07-10-2019 11:24 PM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

My 10% permethrin says
6.7 for premise not in contact with pets or livestock
1.33 for kennels and pet living area
.65 for direct contact on dogs
That’s per gal.

Old Post 07-11-2019 02:54 AM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfoster533
UKC Forum Member

That is interesting that the 10% permethrin you have gave instructions for dilution rates for pets. I think mine only gives instructions for spraying around premises. Here is the link that Dr Hallada provided awhile back.

https://www.drugs.com/vet/permethrin-10.html

It has a bunch of information about how to use, mix, and apply permethrin for different things...not just pets.

Evidently there are differing opinions on how much to dilute it. Sounds like people get good results with weaker concentrations. The dilution ratio must not be all that critical.

Old Post 07-11-2019 04:13 AM
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

The bottle I think is Gordon’s maybe? Has a little book with all kinds of applications and ratios.
Broken down into
Premises, barns, stalls and such
Cattle
Swine
Dogs
And dog premises
Bunch of different applications. Can’t remember all of them now.

I don’t use it on the dogs often but I mix it a little stronger than the 1.33 more like 1.5 oz per gallon and spray everything. What’s left I use on the front porch and around the perimeter of the house. Been using it for around 5 years and it does a great job. I start spraying when I see that first fly hatch and I spray roughly once a month and never have anymore flies through the summer. Seems like if it’s real wet I have to apply an extra time or two, just figure it gets washed out in a downpour.

Last edited by Ghost14 on 07-11-2019 at 04:43 AM

Old Post 07-11-2019 04:35 AM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

If anyone wants to share a way to get rid of bore bees I’d love to know. The tennis racket is fun but I get tired of swinging it all summer.

Old Post 07-11-2019 04:45 AM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost14
If anyone wants to share a way to get rid of bore bees I’d love to know. The tennis racket is fun but I get tired of swinging it all summer.

I want to try some .22 bird shot and brush up on my wing shooting.

Old Post 07-11-2019 01:51 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Built a trap out of 4x4 post with a jar on the bottom. You drill 1/2 inch holes in it and the bees go in and can't out. Caught 30 this year. Don't know if I can explain but you drill one hole in the center going up about 2/3 thru the post then holes from the side at about 45 degree angle that run into the center hole. mount the jar on the bottom. It works. I found it by googling it.

Old Post 07-11-2019 01:58 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My wife thinks that she is a trapper. She has to check her trap every day to see if she has caught anymore. I didn't realize that we had that many until she put up her trap.

Old Post 07-11-2019 02:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I have heard, you can take a bunch of gray Walmart bags, and hang them close to where you're wanting to get rid of the bees. Supposedly, it will look like a hornets nest, and the wood bees will leave.

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 07-11-2019 03:33 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
I want to try some .22 bird shot and brush up on my wing shooting.

I saw one of the salt guns for flies, I may try it and see if it will knock them down. Be fun anyway!

Old Post 07-11-2019 04:36 PM
CWard
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I saw one of the salt guns for flies, I may try it and see if it will knock them down. Be fun anyway!

My daughter has one and we have had a blast with that thing. And it works!

Old Post 07-11-2019 08:21 PM
CWard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CWard Click here to Send CWard a Private Message Find more posts by CWard Add CWard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

ORTHO home defense spray

Buy the ORTHO home defense spray at Wal-Mart and spray rafters and holes where you see them drilling. I also used the tennis racket in combination to the spray. I have found them lying around dead from the spray. It is pretty inexpensive as well. Good luck!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 07-11-2019 10:18 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Todd/ Ukc

Lol. Funny you should mention using 22ratshot, I have a blast with shooting them with 22 shot shells. I don't hit one every shot, but I kill my share and have a blast doing so. We have a new 2 story log house and use the traps as some suggest, they work great. I still like to shoot them with the 22 shot shells, it is great practice for wing shooting. Dave

Old Post 07-11-2019 10:57 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote