UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Lets find who is really OLD.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Bill Boatmans Dynalight

Buddy had one. Me, I was a two cell rayovac kind of guy in the late 60's early 70's.
Then I moved to the Nite Light gell cell around 1980.
Then the Wheat Light in mid 80's
Then the Raw Dawg that Jarvis Umphers use to sell.
Then a K-Light
Then into the world of LED's

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-06-2019 at 11:43 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2019 11:38 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Dont

Don't like to peck and scratch that well Ron. But still haven't read anything I haven't done. OR SEEN ANYTHING I DIDNT DO OR TRY.

Old Post 07-06-2019 03:28 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Right Ed

Been there, done that, myself, in last 60 yrs. Took me several minutes to type what I did with my 1 finger-style. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-06-2019 11:30 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

My first rechargeable light came from Bill Boatman. Don't remember what they were called. Looked kinda like the Dynalight but had a bigger case and a MC battery in it. Was bright but very heavy. Thought I was big time with that light. About 1972.

Old Post 07-07-2019 12:14 AM
Preacher Tom is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
My first rechargeable light came from Bill Boatman. Don't remember what they were called. Looked kinda like the Dynalight but had a bigger case and a MC battery in it. Was bright but very heavy. Thought I was big time with that light. About 1972.
Bill Boatman Coon Beam. I bought one around that time on a monthly payment plan. It was like $9 a month for 9 months. I was just a kid and barely got it paid for. lol

Old Post 07-07-2019 12:38 AM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir Coon Beam was it.

Old Post 07-07-2019 12:56 AM
Preacher Tom is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rrekab
UKC Forum Member

Remember the Lantern

I started hunting in the late 60's with my grandfather and great uncle. They were strictly pleasure/hide hunters primarily on the weekends--both farmed & had dairy. If did not carry the Lantern then I had a 2 cell Monsanto flashlight. I remember you never wanted to walk behind the Lantern because you could not see where your next step was going. Our best light was a 4 DD cell flashlight. If we could find the coon it came out of the tree because we packed a 20 guage shotgun. I remember our fur buyer would always give one of them a speech on using a rifle. Never had a dog box, just loaded the dogs in the back of a 68 pickup with racks. I miss those days but I sure am happy with my Garmin & Light. I really don't miss that Lantern.

Old Post 07-07-2019 01:58 AM
rrekab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rrekab Click here to Send rrekab a Private Message Click Here to Email rrekab Find more posts by rrekab Add rrekab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

I remember one night while carrying the Dynalite had a freak thing happen. We were hunting a standing corn piece and had cast 3 or 4 hounds and were slowly walking around the peremeter waiting for a strike. One of the hounds was a 2 year old worthless walker named Wesson. He was a big dog weighing about 80 lbs. He came full throttle up along the edge of the corn behind me and ran smack dab into the but end of that Dynalite. It knocked him out cold! We all thought 'ol Wesson was dead. A couple of us were hoping it was so! You know how that goes........if he'd been a good dog it would have killed him dead as a hammer! He came to in a couple minutes, jumped up and tore off around the corn piece!

Old Post 07-07-2019 03:02 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

I had a Dynalite , most what I remember was I could hardly afford all the batteries. I would go back to my carbide light if I ran out of batteries.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 07-07-2019 04:26 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote